Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Denied & Declined

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, RealReality said:
On 8/30/2020 at 3:07 PM, sempervivum said:

I think the doorag* is used to help lay down and accentuate the waves for some black men.  Maurice would have likely taken it off at the last second....before stepping out of the car. 

I always thought it meant bad hair day but I am lily white.

This destiny (I know she doesn't spell it like that, but that's what pops up and I don't really care that much about her) she reminds me a lot of Tracey when she first got out. But Tracey at least pretended she was all in with Clint. Destiny will be gone well before her court date, she was pissed when the card didn't work and as soon as she can get what's left is his money she's gone,  no pretending 

• Love 5
On 8/31/2020 at 2:16 PM, RealReality said:

I think the doorag* is used to help lay down and accentuate the waves for some black men.  Maurice would have likely taken it off at the last second....before stepping out of the car.  

To me it's kinda like the scene in Mrs America where two rich middle aged white women, Phyllis shafley and her friend, drive all night in hair rollers.  

And who would ever think Phyllis shafley and Maurice would have anything in common. 

*this is what I saw it called at the beauty supply so I think it's the term

It's spelled several different ways: durag, do-rag, etc. And yeah, some men wear them to help them get the 360 waves in their hair. But for others they're just a fashion statement. 

As far as Jessica wanting him to take it off, it could be because she views it as a hat and she wants him to remove it as a sign of respect, or it could be because her family's, er, ignorant about such things and she's afraid they'll see it as a symbol of something it's not. 

On 8/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, SevenCostanza said:

I know!  They should at least make an attempt at continuity, have her keep her hair the same for her talking head interviews so it matches what we see in her story.  Or change up the dialogue so she's speaking in past tense.  It makes me feel like the producers think we're all feeble minded.  Just because we enjoy good trash doesn't mean we're stupid.

This show must be killing off my brain cells in record time, because I didn't even notice, lol.

The halfway house people picking up Kristiana like that was sad. She did ask for an application, but apparently the rules are that she does nothing except get applications. Pretty rough.

I really dislike both Qualon's family and Shavel's cousin. I can appreciate their points of view, except for that nonsense about her "bribing" him, but they are so obnoxious and loud. They can all take a seat.

Destinie is just rank. What an entitled taker. It's OK for her to cheat and even proposition store clerks, spend all his money, and she can lie all she wants, but not sad sack Shawn. Hope he doesn't wind up losing that bail money.

Looks like a bunch of producer shenanigans with Scott's house. First, it doesn't look bad at all. The long shots appear to show a clean and shiny floor, then we see a shot of dirty torn carpet and messed up walls. Then we see a shot of nicely painted walls in another scene. He shows her a closet with stuff hanging off the shelves all haphazardly, looking like a dump. Then in a shot supposedly from before he picked her up, we see the same closet looking very neat. And, I'm sorry, I can't believe he expects her daughter will live in that messy garage.

Jessica's rental and all those depressingly gray walls would be the end of me. Nice place, but gray everywhere, ugh.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It's spelled several different ways: durag, do-rag, etc. And yeah, some men wear them to help them get the 360 waves in their hair. But for others they're just a fashion statement. 

As far as Jessica wanting him to take it off, it could be because she views it as a hat and she wants him to remove it as a sign of respect, or it could be because her family's, er, ignorant about such things and she's afraid they'll see it as a symbol of something it's not. 

No tea, no shade, but if I was bringing a man to meet my family I wouldn't want him to wear a doorag.  My family deserves to see your finest waves!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, renatae said:

This show must be killing off my brain cells in record time, because I didn't even notice, lol.

The halfway house people picking up Kristiana like that was sad. She did ask for an application, but apparently the rules are that she does nothing except get applications. Pretty rough.

I really dislike both Qualon's family and Shavel's cousin. I can appreciate their points of view, except for that nonsense about her "bribing" him, but they are so obnoxious and loud. They can all take a seat.

Destinie is just rank. What an entitled taker. It's OK for her to cheat and even proposition store clerks, spend all his money, and she can lie all she wants, but not sad sack Shawn. Hope he doesn't wind up losing that bail money.

Looks like a bunch of producer shenanigans with Scott's house. First, it doesn't look bad at all. The long shots appear to show a clean and shiny floor, then we see a shot of dirty torn carpet and messed up walls. Then we see a shot of nicely painted walls in another scene. He shows her a closet with stuff hanging off the shelves all haphazardly, looking like a dump. Then in a shot supposedly from before he picked her up, we see the same closet looking very neat. And, I'm sorry, I can't believe he expects her daughter will live in that messy garage.

Jessica's rental and all those depressingly gray walls would be the end of me. Nice place, but gray everywhere, ugh.

I'm not sure what to think of the halfway house scene, but I thought Kristiana's commentary about how they try to keep people in the system to extended the amount of time they can collect fees was VERY interesting.  

I was thinking it was probably producer shenanigans as in some producer calling her P/O and R/O and telling them she wasn't following the rules.  Or just co-opting some random production assistants to play the roles of PO and RO.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, RealReality said:

No tea, no shade, but if I was bringing a man to meet my family I wouldn't want him to wear a doorag.  My family deserves to see your finest waves!  

I'm old school- I still believe in removing your bandana, hat, whatever when you're going someplace special (ie, meet the parents). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/1/2020 at 10:57 PM, Maybeitsme said:

This destiny (I know she doesn't spell it like that, but that's what pops up and I don't really care that much about her) she reminds me a lot of Tracey when she first got out. But Tracey at least pretended she was all in with Clint. Destiny will be gone well before her court date, she was pissed when the card didn't work and as soon as she can get what's left is his money she's gone,  no pretending 

For sure.  I thankfully don't know anything about bail bondsmen (except from Midnight Run), but I wondered if old Shawn couldn't drag Dentine to the bondsman's office and tell him he no longer wanted to be responsible for her showing up for her trial because she told him she was leaving, essentially revoking Dentine's bail (losing his $5000 as an educational expense).  Then Dentine would be taken back to the clink.  The guy posting bail ought to have some rights, some hold over the bailee, to protect his/her investment.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 9/5/2020 at 9:23 PM, Mothra said:

For sure.  I thankfully don't know anything about bail bondsmen (except from Midnight Run), but I wondered if old Shawn couldn't drag Dentine to the bondsman's office and tell him he no longer wanted to be responsible for her showing up for her trial because she told him she was leaving, essentially revoking Dentine's bail (losing his $5000 as an educational expense).  Then Dentine would be taken back to the clink.  The guy posting bail ought to have some rights, some hold over the bailee, to protect his/her investment.

The only thing I know about bail bondsmen is from Jackie Brown.

Where's Max Cherry?  He could give some sage advice about this shit.  

(RIP Robert Forster)  

jackiebrown.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Only the court can revoke the bond, and it would take more than “I don’t want to be on the hook” to do it. 

The bail bondsman made it very clear that this was a contract, and that Shawn stood to lose $50,000 if Destinie didn't show up for court.  Once Shawn signed, I would think he couldn't just call the bondsman and said, "Never mind.  Tear up my contract.  If she doesn't show up, YOU will have to eat that $50,000."

• Love 3

Drugged Badger Shawn is on the hook for $50K if she doesn't show to her court date.  He is out $5K no matter what.  The bondsman gets to keep the 10% down payment.  So, Shawn is as much of a fool if not more so than we expected. Every time I see Shawn, I hear:

giphy.gif

At her court date, assuming she shows, the court could decide to continue the bail (that is, if they don't go right into a trial).  I think he could then choose to no longer be willing to be on the line for it.  Still out $5K.  Our darling Destinie either goes to lockup or finds some other clown willing to pay the bond. 

It did make me laugh when she told him to chill out.  The guy has all of the energy of a sentient rock.  He acts like he's on a high dose of benadryl at all times.  I'm not sure how he musters the energy to drive a car.  Shawn does not need to chill.  He needs to extract his head from his ass, find some way to make sure Destinie gets to court, and say buh-bye as soon as he can after that.  Consider it a very expensive life lesson, and pray his children find any reason at all to respect him in the future. 

Just because I'm in an arrested Development GIF mood, my expectations for Shawn, Scott, Tyrice and Dylan some point very soon:

giphy.gif 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 8/29/2020 at 11:43 AM, bichonblitz said:

Hey, I've never been in prison and wish I could find someone to spend $$$$ on me like these losers do! I can't believe there are really suckers out there in the world like these people just dying to be taken advantage of.

Yeah, but look who they are actually with. Would you actually give any one of these people on these shows the time of day? I can't even imagine letting one of these people touch me let alone have sex with them. Imagine the fascinating conversations you'd have with these folks.

I'd rather be alone forever.

I do want to say though that anyone who brings their CHILD into this sort of instant relationship with a sketchy felon should be locked up themselves by default. And then sterilized.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2