Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Thinman

Lisin
  • Start Topic

The last photograph of a dead teenager reveals a ghostly figure in the background; the brothers learn that famous supernaturalists are also investigating the teen's death.

I actually think the case of the week is interesting and I generally enjoy those douchey Ghostfacer douchebags. But seriously, anvils of parallelism hurt when smashing into my head. And the dialogue is so cringe worthy throughout...yuck!

Overall, I think it's a pretty good little mystery going on in this episode, although I do question how the tall skinny guy and the short, pudgy guy could be confused no matter how great of a costume they had. Oh and I hadn't pegged the deputy--kudos there show--but totally knew that waiter had something nefarious going on. The way the camera lingered on him and his boss arguing when we first saw him was a dead give-away.

Cute story about Sam and Dean jumping off the shed, even if it seems a little hinky given what we've seen of their young lives previously. Still a sweet moment anyway.

Good to end on: I absolutely adore the deputy walking around humming while setting up his next viral movie instead of a monologue.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

I actually think the case of the week is interesting and I generally enjoy those douchey Ghostfacer douchebags. But seriously, anvils of parallelism hurt when smashing into my head. And the dialogue is so cringe worthy throughout...yuck!

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the episode as well.  I enjoyed the case of the week enough to actually want to comment, and I love the Ghostfacer nerds too.  (As an aside, I've been curious whether that is a popular or unpopular opinion?)  But yeah, um lying is bad, betrayal hurts, blahblah whatever.

• Love 2

I dreaded this ep because I hated the Ghostfacers so much previously.  I really felt for them both here, though.  I enjoyed the story and they fooled me by having the deputy in on it.  He will forever be the Maintenance Guy from Eureka to me.  Anyway, The anvils fell pretty hard, but I am just so tired of Sam.  Get over it already!  Dean looking at you so fondly when remembering a childhood incident moved me, but Sam is just being stubborn.  Missed Cas this ep.  One thing I noticed was how determined Dean was to drive that knife into a villain he knew was human.  Yikes! Is that the Mark of Cain showing or has he done that before?  I don't think it's fair to say his life was in the balance. He could have taken the guy with a few more seconds, plus Sam was free to help him by then. 

• Love 1

I didn't watch this one the first time around because I was so put out with and put off by Sam at this point last season. But I'm catching it on TNT right now, and I just gotta say, Sam's "Lies ruin relationships" line to whichever one of the Ghostfacers it was is kind of... ironic given what he's doing right now this season. And it just makes me so, so tired.

Sigh.

Come on, writers. Can we not have one season without one brother lying to the other about something? We're 10 seasons in and I still keep hoping.

• I liked seeing the Ghostfacers again.
  • What I didn't like was their relationship being analogous to Sam and Dean's.  A little too on the head for me.  Damn those anvils falling from the sky!
  • So the MotW wasn't a Monster at all - at least not in the Supernatural sense.  A couple sociopathic psychos are still Monsters in my book, Sam.  
  • So was Ed making up Thinman to get Harry to leave his girlfriend supposed to be some commentary on Sam leaving Angry Lady?  Please don't try to retcon me into believing that Dean 'made' Sam ditch A.L. any more than Dean 'made' Sam stop the trials.  Just stop.
  • Hey Sam, Lies Ruin Relationships - like all those lies you probably told Angry Lady instead of what you really did for a living. 
  • I am just so over the bitchiness already.  
  • Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:57 PM, RulerofallIsurvey said:
  • So the MotW wasn't a Monster at all - at least not in the Supernatural sense.  A couple sociopathic psychos are still Monsters in my book, Sam.  

This show has been pretty inconsistent with the theme of bigotry.  Now and then we have Dean or Sam wanting to kill something because of what it is as opposed to what it's done.  Benny is one example.  So the moral question gets raised, briefly, and then is dropped.  But then we have a comment like Sam's above which shows an obvious lack of awareness of the fact that anyone can behave monstrously, and some of the biggest monsters to have ever walked the earth were in fact humans.

• Love 2

Supernatural is 2 for 2 on killing off my name. Just saying. 

I like the Batman/Superman story, especially after the Comic Con video. 

"Formation of sticks in the shape of a pile." - Found footage movies: a summary. Poor stabbed in real-life, punched in the feels Harry. "You crashed the Jenga tower of our lives." I like that they acknowledged the Scream plot between the two guys. "She wouldn't got out with me, so I set her up with someone else - my knife." I appreciate this one in all its cliche, horror movie glory. Dean stabbing a regular person is disturbing. 

Season 9 - kills Kevin, breaks up Sam and Dean, breaks up Ed and Harry. It has a lot to answer for. 

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 2

And I liked the Ghostfacees too, and agree with the damn anvils.  

And I didn't care for the story too.  They should have known the deputy was involved with the videos uploaded so quickly after the deaths. 

• Love 1

"Wait, nonono, DON'T" wait sam, aren't you overreacting a bit for your business partner? hmm....

i really don't know why they did that to the ghostfacers. it didn't even make sense. they're supposed to be likable and add what little joy we can get out of the series. god it's like the writers were trying to cancel the show.

just a boring PS: dean and sam talking about their childhood memories reminded me how happy my and my older/oldest brother would be when we talk about the puppies we had long ago. we always called them "the babies". we loved them the most, i just know it. whenever we feel bad or just have a boring moment i can bring them up and everything is so happy again. okay, whatever. stopping now.

• Love 1

I really liked this story. The creepiness of the mask. The twist that it was humans (which I thought was a bit predictable but still enjoyable) was actually pretty fun. It has been awhile. I don't care that it was emotionally manipulative and meant to bring the angst, I love loved the story of jumping off the roof and the great moment that followed. I will take what I can get.

The ghostfacers have always been douches and obnoxious, and unfortunately they took away the funny in this one. That being said, I still didn't hate them or their addition here. Their angst was annoying and I kept hoping the brothers would be like "Do we sound like that? We have got to do something to change that." At least they pulled all the angsty portions of the script so we could have some non-miserable Winchester time. 

There were some odd choices (what was up with the weird slow motion stab shot?) and the angst was annoying, but the story was good enough to bring this solidly into watchable for me.

• Love 1