Type keyword(s) to search

Police Files: Law & Order: OC in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
14 hours ago, justduckey said:

Why does NBC hate this show? It’s not on Peacock and they’re not playing reruns on Thursday nights. 

Not helping people find the show. 

14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The real question is why does Peacock hate its viewers? It's like they saw (HBO) Max's UI and thought "we can make our shows even harder to find with a little effort..."

Edited by wknt3
autocorrect fail
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, justduckey said:

The first two seasons are on Peacock? (I can’t open you link).

Weird that the link won't work. It should go to the show site on Peacock. Upon looking, it did work for me. But it looks like only S3 is up. Odd!

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Weird that the link won't work. It should go to the show site on Peacock. Upon looking, it did work for me. But it looks like only S3 is up. Odd!

Sorry, i should have been more clear. It opens but it’s asking me to sign in and I don’t have a Peacock login. 
It’s so odd to me that an NBC show (seasons 1 & 2) aren’t on their own streaming service. 

Thanks for the clarification on season 3.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, justduckey said:

Sorry, i should have been more clear. It opens but it’s asking me to sign in and I don’t have a Peacock login. 
It’s so odd to me that an NBC show (seasons 1 & 2) aren’t on their own streaming service. 

Thanks for the clarification on season 3.

Ah, okay. That explains why the link wouldn't work. Yeah, you need to have an account.

I am sorry you cannot watch the other two seasons. It is rather dumb not to have past seasons of OC on Peacock since Original Recipe, Criminal Intent, and SVU do!

• Like 2

Just saw this today, but it was apparently 5 days ago.

Chris Meloni on the SAG-AFTRA picket line in NYC on 10/20/2023:

If you click on the photo, it apparently comes up without being cut off as it seems in the post.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I can’t find where to watch from season 1. I don’t think it’s even on DVD either. Makes it impossible to watch from the beginning.

Have you tried justwatch.com ? A quick look shows that you can buy the three seasons from multiple streaming sources. I doubt if DVDs ever come as they are being phased out 

9 hours ago, Raja said:

Have you tried justwatch.com ? A quick look shows that you can buy the three seasons from multiple streaming sources. I doubt if DVDs ever come as they are being phased out 

Technically, DVDs for S1 and S2 already exist, but they are from overseas.

https://www.dvdland.com.au/products/Law-And-Order-Organised-Crime-%2d-Complete-Season-1.html

https://www.amazon.fr/Law-Order-Organized-Crime-Season/dp/B0B8L7QJFD/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=3FB1CXVJKB5FJ&keywords=law+%26+order%3A+organized+crime&qid=1698790203&s=dvd&sprefix=law+%26+order+organized+c%2Cdvd%2C885&sr=1-1

Meaning, you'd need a region-free DVD player, as those are Region 2. US DVDs are Region 1.

There are stores that do sell such players online.

I really don't get why this show focuses so much on the personal life of the characters. Yes, a personal tragedy brought Elliot back to New York and I like if shows flesh out characters more and give them a background and all that. But it feels like the show is more concerned with telling stories of the families of the main cast than telling stories of their job. And it's not like there's so little to tell about undercover work and organized crime in New York.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I really don't get why this show focuses so much on the personal life of the characters. Yes, a personal tragedy brought Elliot back to New York and I like if shows flesh out characters more and give them a background and all that. But it feels like the show is more concerned with telling stories of the families of the main cast than telling stories of their job. And it's not like there's so little to tell about undercover work and organized crime in New York.

I agree, but then, Elliot going undercover strains credibility because - in his many years with SVU - he surely was well known to many higher ups and others.

I don't buy he wouldn't be recognized while undercover.

But that doesn't mean I look forward to meeting his brothers. Let Stabler be the commanding sort and let the newer generation go undercover. Couldn't care less about the family saga.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I agree, but then, Elliot going undercover strains credibility because - in his many years with SVU - he surely was well known to many higher ups and others.

I don't buy he wouldn't be recognized while undercover.

But that doesn't mean I look forward to meeting his brothers. Let Stabler be the commanding sort and let the newer generation go undercover. Couldn't care less about the family saga.

That was what I was going to say after I read your first sentence. He could lead the team, be the handler and coordinate the undercover ops. (That would also allow them to maybe have two at a time).

I totally agree with you that it's a stretch that he wouldn't be recognized. He's been gone for a while and some criminals may be dead, in prison or retired. But I doubt that all of them are gone in one way or another and I think it's also likely that some of the lower level criminals he may even have dealt with personally are now higher up in or even leading an organized crime group.

If I'm excited about his brothers depends on what they do them. 😉At least, they've been mentioned before and aren't those family members that suddenly appear after years and years only to be never heard from or about again after an episode arc.

• Like 2

NBC ‘Spoils’ #OneChicago and L&O Premieres: Get Scoop on Severide and Rollins’ Returns, Upton’s ‘Personal Struggles’

Premiere Date: Thursday, Jan. 18 at 10 pm

“Memory Lane” — Stabler must deal with rapid changes at work and home after returning from a dangerous undercover assignment. Bell hires an advisor whose AI technology program could revolutionize police investigation. Jet and Reyes struggle with Whelan’s absence.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Dean Morris is a good actor. I’ll be interested in seeing how he and Meloni interact.. but I’m getting tired of all the shows focusing so much on a character’s personal drama. Hopefully it will tie into a case.

• Like 2

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Ghosts, FBI: Most Wanted, Grey’s, TWD, Chicago P.D., Station 19 and More!

Q: So much turnover on [Law & Order:] Organized Crime every year if you aren’t named Stabler, Bell or Jett. Please say Reyes didn’t leave the show. Love Rick Gonzalez since his early movies and later run on Arrow, and thought he was great on this show.

You can rest assured that Gonzalez’s Reyes is still with the team, though he won’t be seen in this Thursday’s episode of the NBC drama.

• Like 1

Dammit.

‘Law & Order’ & ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Renewed At NBC, ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’ In Limbo

Law & Order and Law & Order: SVU will be back for the 2024-25 season after NBC renewed the pair of shows but spinoff Law & Order: Organized Crime is in a slightly more precarious position.

The future of Law & Order: Organized Crime, which is in its fourth season, is still in discussion at the network. It has been the lowest rated of Dick Wolf’s NBC shows and has had a number of showrunners over its course. Matt Olmstead started out as showrunner, replaced by Ilene Chaiken, who was replaced by Barry O’Brien. Bryan Goluboff was named showrunner for Season 3 but left after three months, replaced by Sean Jablonski, who also left shortly after due to “creative differences” and was replaced by David Graziano. John Shiban is showrunner for Season 4.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

In the April 11 episode, “Semper Fi,” Detective Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) leans into his military network to search for the source of a Middle Eastern heroin pipeline making its way to the U.S. Plus, Joe Jr. (Michael Trotter) takes drastic action when his brothers try to stage an intervention. And as you can see in the sneak peek above, Elliot and Randall’s (Dean Norris) attempt to help their brother does not go well at all.

NBC Renewal Status Report: ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’ Mulls Move To Peacock; ‘Night Court’, ‘Lopez vs Lopez’ & ‘Extended Family’ Waiting

According to sources, there are ongoing conversations about Organized Crime potentially moving to Peacock for Season 5. There is a blueprint for that — another series in the Law & Order franchise that started on NBC, Criminal Intent, made a successful transition to another platform, running on USA Network for four additional seasons after the initial six on NBC.

• Sad 1

15+ Broadcast-TV Series Have Yet to Be Renewed — Which Do You Most Want Saved? Vote Here!

Law & Order: Organized Crime (NBC)

The Case to Keep: With the addition of Dean Norris and Michael Trotter as Elliot’s brothers, and a willingness to delve further into the Stabler family’s tortured history, the SVU spinoff has hit its creative stride. We’d hate to see that cut short.

The Case to Cut: A season ago, we might’ve argued that the show’s inability to keep a showrunner in place was leading to zigzagging storytelling. But now that (fingers crossed) that particular problem has been corrected, we can’t think of a good reason to close down the Organized Crime Control Bureau.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 6:02 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

I mean, I'd rather it be renewed in some way that canceled completely. And I think I do have Peacock? But I'd rather they keep in on NBC, with the other two. I mean, they'd keep the Mariska show mess that is SVU on broadcast, but not this?

This has gotten me to say "I mean" twice in four sentences!

Edited by MarylandGirl
Adding a comment.
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, MarylandGirl said:

I mean, I'd rather it be renewed in some way that canceled completely. And I think I do have Peacock? But I'd rather they keep in on NBC, with the other two. I mean, they'd keep the Mariska show mess that is SVU on broadcast, but not this?

This has gotten me to say "I mean" twice in four sentences!

I wonder what would happen if Hargitay was removed as a EP? Would she call it quits or would she like to see old quality like production, where the episodes would not revolve around her each week?

• Like 2
On 4/25/2024 at 1:23 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

On 4/25/2024 at 4:34 PM, Toonces464 said:

Very disappointing. I have Peacock and will still watch, but this show belongs on network TV and more than 10 episode seasons. 

Counterpoint: It could be a good thing if it means something more like this season with a fully planned out and coherent arc with some smaller COTW stories as well along the way. Also they are more likely to be able to get big names to guest as mob bosses at a price Dick Wolf will pay. Also it could lead to fewer unneeded SVU crossovers in the OC episodes. And perhaps this will lead to more of the franchise library at Peacock on a long term basis and perhaps resources going to the mothership or a revival of Hate Crimes.

Counter-counterpoint: It could mean that Meloni is contactually obligated to spend more time telling Benson how she is the greatest most special cop and person ever and pandering to the shippers on SVU during sweeps.

• Like 2

♦️ SPOILER ALERT! ♦️

NBC ‘Spoils’ Finales: Stabler’s Family Issues on Law & Order: OC, Upton’s Chicago P.D. Farewell and More

NBC has released synopses for the remainder of the season, including finales for all three Law & Orders (with Organized Crime reportedly eyeing a move to Peacock next season) and all three #OneChicago shows (with Tracy Spiridakos saying goodbye as detective Hailey Upton).

LAW & ORDER: ORGANIZED CRIME (Thursday, May 16 at 10 pm)

Spoiler

“Stabler’s Lament” — When the ATF Bureau plans a raid of Redcoat’s warehouse, Trisha promises to help Stabler keep Joe Jr. safe. Bell comes face to face with the man who killed Sam. Another Stabler family dinner causes tensions to run high.