Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Brass Tacks

• Start Topic

With the surviving members of the team captured and held in FBI custody, Madeline and Ivy are in the final stages of their plan, but a few unlikely allies come out from the woodwork trying to stop her before it's too late.

Paterson disguised as a man looked better than Weller!

Paterson must have had a go bag stashed at the exit with cash, passport, lipstick, hair care products and change of clothes so she can travel to get Boston and then go to the US. The woman is always resourceful in a time of crisis.

Afreen is so cautious of her co-workers, she has no problem blurting out within an ear shot: "Patterson is still alive".

No way Weller beat up those 6 Dabber Zaun men by himself  in the stairwell. They must have slipped on a few banana peels.

Great! Now these FBI agents feel it is time to "do right" and take on Ivy's goons! 

Bye Weitz! Gone and will be forgotten.

How long did it take for Tasha to realize Madeline poisoned herself? Took a while to register. She stood there for a while pointing the gun at her with a confused look.

Madeline is so annoying! Even when she dies, she can't do it right to my liking!

Lawyer Shirley had a more satisfying death than Madeline.

So the people that nominated Madeline for V.P. will have a lot to answer for how she passed their background checks and her criminal acts went unnoticed right under their noses. Good job folks!

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

If Elijah Wood and Wil Wheaton had a baby....

Ivy AND Patterson found Boston at the same time...This guy is supposed to be a cyber genius that covers his digital footprints..

11 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Lawyer Shirley had a more satisfying death

If Beverley Leslie and Foghorn Leghorn had a baby...

• LOL 3

Well, I expected Weitz to bite it at some point but I was still sad about it. But I'm ticked off about how Madeline won all the way to the end. Got her little speech and died on her own terms. Infuriating. Why didn't Zapata at least wing her?! Her lawyer got the death she deserved.

Had to chuckle at Weller's love for Jane giving him the super strength needed to take out a bunch of bad guys. Goofy as hell, lol.

Thrilled that Patterson survived, loved Rich's reaction.

Didn't realize there would be two episodes tonight, off to watch the next one.

• Love 5

Yay! I called upon the show to deliver Patterson via conveniently-placed bullshit and there it was! A tunnel in the server room that we didn't see and somehow Patterson was able to get to it in a room where thermite was cascading down from the ceiling.

Speaking of conveniently placed bullshit, there are air ducts large enough to accommodate a Rich Dot Com and they're at floor level?

I'm surprised no one called Patterson by her actual first name with the disguise on. Did we get a close-up of the aliases? Was one of them a William?

Did Madeline kill herself or did she use a dose of Zip on herself? If she has some lackey with an antidote somewhere she's got a ticket out of jail. Unless the lackey was her lawyer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, paigow said:

If Elijah Wood and Wil Wheaton had a baby....

Ivy AND Patterson found Boston at the same time...This guy is supposed to be a cyber genius that covers his digital footprints..

It does show how much smarter Patterson is than Ivy.....Madeline and Ivy have been looking for Boston for weeks/months and Patterson finds him in about a day?

Glad they didn't waste any time showing that Patterson was alive, no matter how ridiculous the explanation is. 

Sucks that Madeline just got to kill herself and not actually suffer for all she did. At least, not here on Earth. 

(edited)

I found it amusing that the two cheerful hug and kiss reunions got away, but when Rich busts Weller out, they both say 'Let's go', and they immediately get caught before the air duct. 

Patterson:  "We have all these files on Madeline and her evil plans.  How do we get them to the public?"

Zapata:  "I have a source" Calls a newspaper reporter.

Me:  Hahahahahahaha.  Put it up on youtube, you idiots.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

My favorite scene was when Weller throws the Dabbur Zann guy over Rich's head to the stairs below.

That whole scene was hilarious, like the writers had just gotten done with watching a Three Stooges marathon and incorporated some of the stooge action into this script.

I will say that Tasha's flip from under the table to take down one of the bad guys was pretty cool.

Yeay for me spec-ing that Patterson was only partly dead.

Is there a reason Jane had a black hood over her head while locked in the back of a solid-walled truck? Like an American traitor prisoner isn't suppose to know what prison she's going to or what route they're taking?

What was up with Weitz getting shot in the side and then dying from it. Like going from giving gigantic monologues to instant dead. I guess the writers were running out of script time and had to move on STAT.

I was laughing about Madeline having a champagne glass in front of her on the plane. I thought that had to be the zip she drank, but how did she know her jig was up so had the zip already in front of her? She was all about the pilot taking off NOW. But ... whatever I guess.

The weather blew this channel off the air so I missed the next episode. I'll have to catch up by reading everyone's posts there, which is the best part of this series anyway.

Not going to lie, I was sure she was still alive, but it was so heartwarming when she appeared and clubbed those two thugs with that ugly sculpture.

I'm annoyed that Madeline killed herself.  I don't think it was ZIP, I think it was actual poison.  She got to go out on her own terms, when really, she deserved every bit of punishment she got.  She should have been thrown in a cell.  Then forced to experience the humiliation of being discredited on national TV.  And to top it off, bring her son in so she has to see again what she did to him.

I'm glad people on the show actually called out that lawyer's strange accent, it was like the fakest Texas accent ever imaginable.  He truly deserved his death.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was disappointed in Madelines death too. But I must say these episodes felt more like the earlier seasons wackiness.

I'd wonder if the folks who put Madeline in charge of National Security and possibly VP would feel many repercussions. Then l remember whose President.

Edited by edhopper
  • Love 3
On 7/10/2020 at 4:51 AM, mxc90 said:

She looked damn fine as a man. I'd hit that.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:51 AM, mxc90 said:

How long did it take for Tasha to realize Madeline poisoned herself? Took a while to register. She stood there for a while pointing the gun at her with a confused look.

She seems to be really dim. I realised the second I saw her with the glass in her hand. Tashs could have rushed over and slaped the glass out of her hand or shot her in the arm. But nope, too stupid for that.