Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Fight or Flight

Anthony arrives at the Perry home to find Robin and Theo in peril. Oliver puts his medical skills to work when Sage goes into early labor. The future of the Crab Shack hangs in the balance. The Perry kids grapple with the news about Luly.

Series finale airing Thursday, July 2, 2020.

Was that the finale? 

Am I the only one that thinks the kids are being overly dramatic about Anthony being Luly's dad?

I won't miss the show but I'll miss Larry. I'm going to pretend he answered the phone call and didn't drink. 

• Love 3

My listings say it was the finale.

I expected that while Robin was away looking at the wrecked house, Larry would tell the rest of them about the Crab Shack, and by the time she got back they'd have solved the problem. But I guess they wanted to leave a cliffhanger in case they got renewed.

This was the kind of show that I like for a while, and then it just goes too far and pushes the emotional drama too over the top, and then I  just can't watch it anymore. So, at the moment, I liked it and feel sad it's gone. But I am pretty sure that very soon I'd get sick of it and stop watching anyway. That's what happened to me with This Is Us and with A Million Little Things.

I liked the people, though. I liked the setting. I liked the kinds of issues they were struggling with. On AMLT, it was hard to like anyone, and their problems were mostly the self-indulgent bullshit kind. And on TIU, I felt like the show was so relentlessly trying to overdo the plot twists and timeline manipulation, that it went from "an interesting device for storytelling" to "just bullshit, knock it off already!" With COD, I feel like it was more of a straight up drama, but it was just a little too soapy in that you never had a single moment that wasn't a crisis or meant to make you cry either with joy or sadness. If they had dialed it back just enough to make it a family/community drama, great. It could have run for years. But they took it a little too far over the top to be sustainable.

Robin always played every moment like she was about to shatter, even when nothing much was going on. I don't know if the actress is like that all the time in reality or if it was a device she used to play the character, but it was part of the whole way that everyone was always so over the top. The little kids were earnest every second. Theo was angry/angsty every second. Luly was always on the edge of bursting. Even when I liked them, they were exhausting.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Court said:

Was that the finale? 

Am I the only one that thinks the kids are being overly dramatic about Anthony being Luly's dad?

I won't miss the show but I'll miss Larry. I'm going to pretend he answered the phone call and didn't drink

Yeah they are being pretty dramatic, its their dad’s old girlfriend from before any of them were born, not their mom. But they were already upset with him for bailing so that only exacerbated things.

Sucks that they did the cliffhanger at the end but at least we didn’t actually see Larry drink, so we can presume he answered the call and left. Hate how the best character on the show got the depressing ending though.

As soon as they announced the baby was a boy I assumed they would do the cliched thing and name him Scott so thankfully that didn’t happen.

10 hours ago, possibilities said:

On AMLT, it was hard to like anyone, and their problems were mostly the self-indulgent bullshit kind.

That is kind of the whole point of AMLT. It’s basically just wealthy people codependent on each other creating their own melodrama. 

I probably won’t remember anything that happened on this show in a year but don’t regret spending 10 episodes watching it. It worked as a limited series but not sure I could watch multiple seasons. Perhaps they should have made it a more lighter family drama like a Gilmore Girls type show, that could have worked better than the TIU/AMLT melodrama route. The ending with Scott was nice though and they probably could have ended the episode there instead of the cliffhanger at the end. 

• Love 3

Just want to smack Theo alongside his head.  That smirk he wore in the truck when they left his home during the height of the hurricane.  He thought that he was just so righteous.

• Love 3

We had, the whole season on the DVR and binge watched it ,the last couple days with no clue it had already been cancelled!  I will stay in my rose tinted world and believe that Larry didn't take the drink, the Crab Shack magically reopened.  Robin and Sam got married and the whole world lived happily ever after!

• Love 4
On 7/4/2020 at 6:56 AM, cameron said:

Just want to smack Theo alongside his head.  That smirk he wore in the truck when they left his home during the height of the hurricane.  He thought that he was just so righteous.

Same here. I actually replayed the scene because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He was just so damned pleased with himself!

And yes, the whole lot was being incredibly dramatic over something  ( Anthony and Luly's mom)that ultimately wasn't about them. Now I admit, I say that as the audience who knows the circumstances of the cheating-that it was a one-time mistake between Anthony and Luly's mom after dealing with Scott's apparently serious alcoholism yet again. They leaned on each other and it went too far. But they don't know that yet, so maybe I'l cut them some slack. Just a little.

But seriously, why was Margot upset? She barely knows these people, and a long ago indiscretion of Anthony's REALLY had nothing to do with her!

I'm sorry the show's been cancelled. I would have liked to have seen more of their story. And I loved the setting. It made for some gorgeous scenery. 

• Love 3

Margot was dating Anthony, right? So she probably is upset because he suddenly dumped her and left town, and she didn't know why. Now she finds out it was because of the thing with Luly; she is already pissed at him, and takes the new info as more evidence that he's a creep.

She thought they had something real and now she thinks he's just a player who betrays people who trust him, then skips out when it's found out, and now he's back? I get why she's irritated.