Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E14: Finito!

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I can’t crap on Pioneer Woman because her Texas sheet cake is absolutely fabulous.  

But her voice drives me crazy. I canNOT listen to it. I'll turn the channel whenever she's on.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, carrps said:

But her voice drives me crazy. I canNOT listen to it. I'll turn the channel whenever she's on.

I don’t think I’ve ever watched her show.  I don’t really watch Ina on t.v..
I used to be a little jaded about Emeril because of comments Anthony Bourdain made about him, but then Emeril spent a season as a judge on TC and I just loved him.  Super humble and kind.  Plus his Tuscan bean soup is a staple in my house during winter.

Edited by AttackTurtle
4 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

I don’t think I’ve ever watched her show.  I don’t really watch Ina on t.v..
I used to be a little jaded about Emeril because of comments Anthony Bourdain made about him, but then Emeril spent a season as a judge on TC and I just loved him.  Super humble and kind.  Plus his Tuscan bean soup is a staple in my house during winter.

Oops. Sorry for the confusion. It's Pioneer Woman who's voice makes me cringe.

• Love 1
On 6/21/2020 at 3:26 AM, biakbiak said:

He and Bryan have two restaurants together, doing a lot of charity work, and he has been both training for a marathon and doing long distance bike riding. 

That runner's face can sometimes look harsh.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:21 AM, BlackberryJam said:

I think Malarkey is the kind of person who needs "handled." Left to his own devices, he can be a total jackass. But you give him some love, a little ego stroke and a specific task and he really shines. Gregory did that by choosing him first for Restaurant Wars and Stephanie did it by choosing him first as sous. Once someone shows Malarkey they have faith in him, he is going to work his ass off not to let that person down. 

One million percent. Nailed it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2020 at 10:20 PM, rhygirl720 said:

I really loved Padma this whole season.

I did too. I just watched her "Taste the Nation" series on HULU and I really enjoyed her. For me, Padma is hit and miss the last few years on Top Chef. 

• Love 1

I miss TC already. In fact, Mr. Snappy and I decided to watch ALL of it dating back to S1, an episode a night. Started last night. I HAD NO IDEA Lee Anne had been in S1 (as I mentioned upthread somewhere, we started watching during S7). Young Lee Anne with bangs and tweezed eyebrows was so cute. 

The great thing with TC (what convinced hubby to go along with this) is that even when you know who won, the process and the food pron and travel pron is so very excellent. 

• Love 5

I miss TC already. In fact, Mr. Snappy and I decided to watch ALL of it dating back to S1

Here in Finland Netflix just added Top Chef's first two seasons to their library. I tried watching them, but I think the first seasons were just too much drama.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:11 PM, akr said:

Melissa's Hong Kong milk tea tiramisu recipe is up on the Food & Wine website: https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/hong-kong-milk-tea-tiramisu

(Edit: part of this article: https://www.foodandwine.com/chefs/melissa-king-top-chef-season-17-winner-profile)

Thank you @akr for posting the link to the recipe. I just made it, and it is spectacular! It is possibly the best tiramisu that I have ever had. And, it doesn’t make a huge amount, so I don’t have to feel as guilty not sharing It with anyone. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, hula-la said:

Thank you @akr for posting the link to the recipe. I just made it, and it is spectacular! It is possibly the best tiramisu that I have ever had. And, it doesn’t make a huge amount, so I don’t have to feel as guilty not sharing It with anyone. 

Good to know! I haven't made it, but maybe now I will!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hula-la said:

I have been missing Yuanyang tea (part Hong Kong Milk tea part coffee) so I might do a twist on this with that combo.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, hula-la said:

I just made it, and it is spectacular!

I have to say, I've made it twice, and while it's good, and I'd certainly serve it to company, I'm not really wowed. Somehow it seemed too subtle in flavor for my taste.