Type keyword(s) to search

S05:E04. And My Axe!

• Start Topic

In order to stop a terrorist organization from obtaining a deadly chemical weapon the team must remember key details from their first days at the FBI. Weller is concerned when he gets news about the health of his daughter.

Zapata is a liability the way she keeps freezing up...Only Dr. Coleman remembers how The Rock [Nic Cage] started... Some of the bad guys killed themselves by mishandling VX Gas.

• Love 1

Thank you for NO Madeline this week!!!!!

This group can find Kerry Coleman, the name of the gas from piecing memories from 2011, acquire guns, computers, cars but are unable to find good food, bullet proof vests and condoms.

DTF! 

Tasha is fresh out of Quantico. On her first day, this arrogant #%*($! is requesting to join Weller's team, is dressed like a bum and has determined she has already paid her dues!

I laughed when Reade, Tasha, and Weller are walking in slow motion and the agents in the back ground are staring at them in amazement or maybe pissed they had to show up to work in suits and these 3 dopes made no effort with their appearance!

Only the police is looking for Brianna? I guess no one at the FBI is not concerned. 

Before Jane/Weller and Tasha arrived, Coleman had the truck loaded, gassed up and ready to go. With the Reade/Tasha flashback taking up tv time, these criminals should have been miles away but I guess they stayed to have lunch and then played the role of shooting targets for Jane/Weller and Tasha.

Coleman this is what you get when you put "safety" first and now it will reflect poorly on your performance review (who knew the bad guys have quality checks?).

Of course it's Weller that gets taken. HE is definitely the weakest link of the team.

Not concerned about Jane getting shot. The bullet is the one in trouble not Jane.

• LOL 2

This episode made me sick, Tasha meets Patterson and the only person who can remember what happened that day is Tasha and then Tasha meets Weller and the only person who can remember what happened that day is Tasha. Why can't Patterson and Weller remember even the smallest clue from that day. They should have had Tasha get shot is the stomach, now that might have caused some drama. Way more than Weller's kid is in the hospital with the sniffles.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, edhopper said:

I care so little about the soap opera aspects of the group.

This.  This episode annoyed me greatly.  I'm so tired of Tasha.  Yeah, Reade died.  I get it.  But if she's going to see him everywhere and cry about it all the time, then maybe she should think about taking some time off.  She's completely unfit for duty.  She could have gotten Kurt and Jane killed.  I'm so tired of her angsty and hurting face.

Since this is the last season, in the series finale, she's obviously going to retire from this life and raise her baby, who will undoubtedly be named Edgar Reade Zapata.

10 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

This episode made me sick, Tasha meets Patterson and the only person who can remember what happened that day is Tasha and then Tasha meets Weller and the only person who can remember what happened that day is Tasha. Why can't Patterson and Weller remember even the smallest clue from that day. They should have had Tasha get shot is the stomach, now that might have caused some drama. Way more than Weller's kid is in the hospital with the sniffles.

Agreed.  I was amused that Patterson's FBI ID nametag read "Random Lab Tech" instead of her name.  You would think that William being a science and tech geek would have been able to remember the names of the chemicals she was looking for.  Instead it had to take Tasha remembering her deep love for Reade, which was unknown to her on the first day they met but every single detail magically all came back to her when she was thinking of his musky goodness.  Whatever.  Tasha can't remember the name of the chemical they were searching for, but can remember an awkward tech who specifically said "opposite opposite"?  Patterson doesn't even remember meeting them, only that she is the only one who says "opposite opposite".  Ridiculous.  

So Tasha remembered the lady they interviewed as a generic middle aged white woman, but then after Patterson identified her, it's only then that she recalled that the woman was actually Asian?  You would think that would be a pretty defining characteristic that one would remember.  She remembered that the woman said she was from a prominent family and giving a speech at Hudson State University... but didn't recall that the woman was Asian.  Mmmm hmmm.

Not sure what the deal is with Weller's kid, but unfortunately, I truly don't care.  

Reade was always my least favourite character, but especially after all that garbage and questionable behaviour he pulled a few seasons ago yet still was deemed worthier of being named Assistant Director.  Are we going to be seeing Reade flashbacks all season?  I really hope not, we get the message, move on.

• Love 1

I don't think Reade is dead. I think he's the mystery helper that keeps sending the team cryptic clues.

I also found it jarring that this episode tells the story of how the team met but only a single member of the team remembers the day even though they had a major case.

"Mix these two chemicals and get the deadliest poison ever!" and Patterson is stumped by this?

Weller barking was hilarious.

• Love 6
On 6/2/2020 at 8:13 AM, paigow said:

I first read the title as "And My Axel" and thought  WTF! Those crazy anagrams are back!

So this episode will be filled with dwarves and wizards...

And here I was, waiting throughout the entire episode for Rich Dotcom to break out into some serious air guitar.

• LOL 1
On 6/2/2020 at 10:13 AM, paigow said:

I first read the title as "And My Axel" and thought  WTF! Those crazy anagrams are back!

While I wasn't paying all that much attention and read it as "And My Ass." All the suggested titles work IMO.

I couldn't get back into this show when it returned, it's just too off the rails, but I read here to keep up with things, and because you posters are so hilarious and fun to read. This episode though, sounds so whack that it might be worth watching just for the mind-altering experience.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, blackwing said:

So Tasha remembered the lady they interviewed as a generic middle aged white woman, but then after Patterson identified her, it's only then that she recalled that the woman was actually Asian?  You would think that would be a pretty defining characteristic that one would remember.  She remembered that the woman said she was from a prominent family and giving a speech at Hudson State University... but didn't recall that the woman was Asian.  Mmmm hmmm

The woman Zapata remembered from 2011 was the same one Paterson identified in 2020. 2011 & 2020 scientists were played by the same actress. 

3 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

The woman Zapata remembered from 2011 was the same one Paterson identified in 2020. 2011 & 2020 scientists were played by the same actress. 

Jane must have photo aging software encoded in her brain. The person she shot looks nothing like the photo.

• Love 1
On 6/5/2020 at 5:15 AM, mxc90 said:

This group can find Kerry Coleman, the name of the gas from piecing memories from 2011, acquire guns, computers, cars but are unable to find good food, bullet proof vests and condoms.

He! Don't forget hair-products and make-up. I used to roll my eyes at Jane's perfectly applied eyeliner and mascara (they toned it down a bit) but Zappata's perfectly groomed eyebrows - past and present - deserve their own Instagram account.

This felt like a choppy retcon of Zapata and Reade but that may have been the result of me falling asleep several times.

How long since the big Kablooie? I thought several months? Shouldn't Zapata be showing by now?

I keep watching for Rich and his collection of delightful shirts and because I still hope Roman is the invisible help.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, MissLucas said:

How long since the big Kablooie? I thought several months? Shouldn't Zapata be showing by now?

It was 2 months in the first episode. Maybe 3 months now.

When Rich asked Tasha: is it Reade's? She never answered the question.

Tasha probably got it on with the local farmer (who turns out to be Roman in disguise) or it would be funny if Rich lied Patterson and we find out later he didn't reject her "pass"!  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

Are you sure?  The woman Tasha and Reade interviewed before crooked bureaucrat ended the interview seemed very clearly to me to be a white woman.  Then after Patterson uncovered her identity, we saw the woman again in the interview room as they were remembering her. After Patterson said her name, the features kind of faded/blurred and then when they became clear again, the woman had transformed into an Asian woman.  Looked to be a completely different actress.  We saw the same lady (with short hair) on the loading dock or wherever they were with the scary Asian lady who is Madeline’s enforcer.

So I stand by the assertion that I think it’s ludicrous that Zapata could remember all these details about what the lady said but couldn’t even remember whether the woman was Asian or white.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, blackwing said:

Are you sure?  The woman Tasha and Reade interviewed before crooked bureaucrat ended the interview seemed very clearly to me to be a white woman.  Then after Patterson uncovered her identity, we saw the woman again in the interview room as they were remembering her. After Patterson said her name, the features kind of faded/blurred and then when they became clear again, the woman had transformed into an Asian woman.  Looked to be a completely different actress.  We saw the same lady (with short hair) on the loading dock or wherever they were with the scary Asian lady who is Madeline’s enforcer.

So I stand by the assertion that I think it’s ludicrous that Zapata could remember all these details about what the lady said but couldn’t even remember whether the woman was Asian or white.  

When I was watching, the woman in interrogation looked Asian or of mixed ancestry to me, and there's only one actress credited for the role. If anything, I suppose they could have done some sfx to the actress. I'm sorry I already deleted the ep, but I stand by the credits for the actress. Nobody would give up a credit like that.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

When I was watching, the woman in interrogation looked Asian or of mixed ancestry to me, and there's only one actress credited for the role. If anything, I suppose they could have done some sfx to the actress. I'm sorry I already deleted the ep, but I stand by the credits for the actress. Nobody would give up a credit like that.

I thought she originally looked Asian as well and thought that Tasha should have mentioned that, then I thought I might be racist.

12 hours ago, blackwing said:

Are you sure?  The woman Tasha and Reade interviewed before crooked bureaucrat ended the interview seemed very clearly to me to be a white woman.   

7 hours ago, xtwheeler said:

6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I thought she originally looked Asian as well and thought that Tasha should have mentioned that, then I thought I might be racist.

The woman in the interrogation room was played by Joey Parsons. She is listed as "Scientist".

https://www.joeyparsons.com/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11034510/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

Also, could someone explain the importance of "Hudson University"? I've heard it mentioned on this show, "Blue Bloods", "Law and Order", "Legends of Tomorrow" and probably mentioned in other shows I don't watch.

Just now, mxc90 said:

Also, could someone explain the importance of "Hudson University"? I've heard it mentioned on this show, "Blue Bloods", "Law and Order", "Legends of Tomorrow" and probably mentioned in other shows I don't watch.

It's a fictional university making its rounds through plenty of tv shows - and its sightings are amusing since it exists in such different settings as the DC-verse or L&O-world. (It has become a bit of a running gag but I guess initially it was picked to avoid legal issues with real life campuses).

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

It's a fictional university making its rounds through plenty of tv shows - and its sightings are amusing since it exists in such different settings as the DC-verse or L&O-world. (It has become a bit of a running gag but I guess initially it was picked to avoid legal issues with real life campuses).

That list is funny! Thank you!

On 6/6/2020 at 7:13 PM, blackwing said:

The woman Tasha and Reade interviewed before crooked bureaucrat ended the interview seemed very clearly to me to be a white woman.  Then after Patterson uncovered her identity, we saw the woman again in the interview room as they were remembering her. After Patterson said her name, the features kind of faded/blurred and then when they became clear again, the woman had transformed into an Asian woman.  Looked to be a completely different actress.

Yeah, I also thought it was a different woman. Just like how "Random Lab Tech" was some random actress, and then once Zapata realized who she was, in the next scene she was in, it was Patterson.

I thought the original lady was Asian as well (or at least had some Asian ancestry), just a different Asian lady than the one she turned into later. I'm not sure what the deal with the credits is, but she definitely looked like a different actress to me.