Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E13: Live Top 17 Results

• Start Topic

Aired May 5, 2020

In the live results show, four artists, one from each team, will be revealed as safe by America's votes. Each Coach then selects an additional artist to move forward. The Artist with the next highest overnight votes from each team will compete in the Wildcard Instant Save for the last spot in the Top 9. Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton star as the celebrity panel of coaches and Carson Daly ("TODAY Show") hosts.

Called it almost perfectly (*pats self on back*). Only missed Michael making it into the instant save. That spot should've been Arei's...or even Roderick was more deserving. Didn't really matter whether Cedrice or Mandi T got the Team Kelly spot in the save...who ever it was was always going to be an also ran.

Can't believe they didn't reach out to a musician or band (any musician or band) to give us a performance from home to eat up a little more of the time.

Wondering if Gwen might've broken her Oklahoma quarantine. I really would've thought she might've popped into the background of one of the shots...or even the bts "funny" footage of Blake trying to break into the camera gear they sent him.

Really glad Joanna got the instant save. There's something about her tone that's more intriguing and distinctive than say Mandi C. who probably outsung her just a touch on True Colors, but there's more there with Joanna that I'd like to hear...and I'm glad we'll get one more performance at least.

• Love 3

I think Blake was a little disappointed ( from his reaction ) that Todd won the vote.  I think he was thinking toneisha would win the vote.  He would save the country singer then Todd would be picked  for the wild card. 

• Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Swenson said:

How do we know she didn't do a luminess airbrushing to enhance her "at home" look?

However the look was achieved, I liked it better than the "more is more" attitude of styling on this show.  I'm not anti-make-up and I don't want to be accused of "glam-shaming" (tm bachelor contestant that I'm blanking on) but I thought she looked younger and prettier in this milieu.

I think Blake was a little disappointed ( from his reaction ) that Todd won the vote.  I think he was thinking toneisha would win the vote.  He would save the country singer then Todd would be picked  for the wild card. 

I agree, but I don't know why he would be surprised.  He practically begged the audience for Todd votes last night and his fans obliged.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Wondering if Gwen might've broken her Oklahoma quarantine. I really would've thought she might've popped into the background of one of the shots...or even the bts "funny" footage of Blake trying to break into the camera gear they sent him.

I was really hoping that she would have shown up at the end of the bit, with a "here, honey, move over and hand me that 3/16th over there, would you?

• LOL 2
10 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Called it almost perfectly (*pats self on back*). Only missed Michael making it into the instant save. That spot should've been Arei's...or even Roderick was more deserving. Didn't really matter whether Cedrice or Mandi T got the Team Kelly spot in the save...who ever it was was always going to be an also ran.

Can't believe they didn't reach out to a musician or band (any musician or band) to give us a performance from home to eat up a little more of the time.

Really glad Joanna got the instant save. There's something about her tone that's more intriguing and distinctive than say Mandi C. who probably outsung her just a touch on True Colors, but there's more there with Joanna that I'd like to hear...and I'm glad we'll get one more performance at least.

Me too. The only one that surprised me was Michale. I thought he’d get the teeny-bopper votes. 

I thought Kelly looked pretty toned down with less makeup. 

Agree about Joanna. She has an interesting, unusual voice. 

• Love 4

I also called it on the results.  I think this is a good group of contestants.  For the instant save, I'm glad Joanna won but I also like Mandi Castillo so that would have been o.k. with me too.

• Love 4

I think we ended up with pretty much the correct Top-9, with the singular exception of Todd. I would have taken either Joei or Arie over him. They both out-sung him by a considerable margin in their last two performances.

Out of personal preference, I would also have picked Zan as the top singer on Team Kelly. But Cammwess was equally deserving, so its no big deal.

I do hope at least one of the women makes the final. All 5 of them are deserving.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 5:55 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I thought Kelly looked pretty toned down with less makeup. 

Me too! I hate the eyeshadow the make-up artist puts on her on the Voice it's so Halloween in a bad way, lol.

I don't really care for any of the singers this year. I don't like the from home sound and how are they doing all the special effects behind them and who put the music together, if everyone is at home how did the band do that, how is this happening? LOL!

Didn't the Voice have a top 12 at one time?

If I had to pick any I'd say Thunderstorm and team Kelly's one and only guy, I can't remember his name, I can't remember any of their names because they don't stand out to me. The only name I do remember is Thunderstorm because it's such a odd name.

The highlight of the show for me was watching them try to put the equipment together the show sent them and their kids playing with it.  

• Love 1

Fox: I can't remember the names this year either, but I tell you I a really hacked that the bald chick who sang Fever for her blind and the rotund opera singer who could sing ANYTHING being kicked off totally pissed me off.  Those gals could sing sing sing. 

• Love 1