Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers: The Guest Star Probably Did It!

Spoilers!

From TVGuide

"I hear the show is planning to cast the major recurring role of Kitty Winter, a character from the Holmes canon who on the show is a protégé of Sherlock's from London. Word is that Holmes will once again take Kitty under his wing in a partnership very similar to the one he established with Watson before taking the job at MI6. But it's not all bad news for Lucy Liu: The actress will direct an episode this season!"

I attended the Elementary panel at New York Comic Con today and was able to see 3x01. It is a very Watson-centric episode; I don't think Sherlock even shows up for the first 10 minutes. (I've always been bad with estimation, so I've pulled that number out of my ass; let's just say that his absence in the beginning of the ep is noticeable.) 

I've heard from a lot of fans who have become less enthusiastic about the show because of how Watson and Sherlock's relationship has gone off the rails. If you're in that boat, then you might not like 3x01, where Watson is incredibly hostile towards Sherlock for most of the ep. Not without reason, but it's still depressing/tiring to watch. They kinda go on that first step towards reconciliation at the end, but I imagine it's going to be a long road. 

I'm not crazy about Kitty Winter and would have preferred it if she weren't there because I'm not looking forward to the inevitable "three's a crowd" stuff that's gonna come up, but Ophelia herself was okay. 

• Love 1

In 3x01 we find out that Sherlock fucked off to London without saying anything to Joan save a 5-sentence letter - the third season opens months later, and IIRC Joan hasn't heard anything from him in all that time - and when he comes back he has Kitty Winter following/stalking her, so she definitely has reason to be hostile IMO.

Edited by galax-arena

I am weirded by the hostility towards Kitty. So far the show has been so good in hadnling these aspects, why is everyone assuming this would suck/she would suck? On what grounds? I can't wait... less than a week. :)

• Love 1

Maybe because season 2 sucked too? At least the Mycroft parts, IMHO. I just didn't care for him and the less said about Joan/Mycroft, the better. It was a big letdown after season one, that's for sure. I still haven't decided if I'll watch s3 on a weekly basis, I'll probably wait to learn the reactions first.

• Love 2

Yep, I came for Holmes and Watson, I'm not interested in other people. Yes I like Gregson and Bell and don't mind them, I also like a lot of the other side characters. What I don't like is when the show pairs our team up with others while keeping them apart. I'm not a shipper, I love the friendship, but I don't want them spending a lot of time with others.

The concept actually wasn't bad, but they needed an actor with better chemistry with both Miller and especially Liu, and the romance should have been developed at least as well as Sherlock/Mycroft relationship (which still wasn't as compelling as it could have, especially compared with s1's relationship of focus - Sherlock/Moriarty).

Not sure how I feel about Bell and Watson (previews for next ep).  I like both of them, but I also love Sherlock/Watson's uncomplicated situation....let's not manufacture drama on this drama.

The summary for next week's episode says she's helping him study for a police exam. I think Sherlock jumps to conclusions (and the promo expects us to do likewise), rather than they're actually going to begin a romance. (Though I think I'd actually be cool with it if they did...)

This is really a minor casting/scheduling spoiler.  The episode that showed Monday August 20 was really episode 6.19.  The episode for August 27 will be episode 6.19.  Assuming Elementary is shown on September 3 (Labor Day), the episode will likely be episode 6.17.  The cast for 6.17 as listed on IMDB includes Rosanny Zeyas and Francisco Burgos.  Both previously appeared in episode 6.15 with Burgos playing Cerio Cristabal (the kid who landed in prison for stealing a skull) and Zayas playing the pregnant Valentina Duran who threw the rock through the brownstone's window and later received baby products from Watson at the end of the episode.  I'm interested to see their characters again and wonder what it portends for them.