Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20: Fried Green Tomatoes, The Little Burros, JiggAerobics, Mural Painter

aemom
  • Start Topic

A fried food empire; a gardening product; a unique approach to exercise classes; a service that connects customers with local artists.

Air date:

CANADA: April 17, 2020

USA: May 1, 2020

I was surprised that they didn't ask the Fried Green Tomato lady more about her retail sales.

I thought that the exercise guy had a good business for himself, but that's about it. It's not something that's going to scale up.

I thought that the wheelbarrow gadget was kind of cool and they were right to reject those greedy deals.

The artist was VERY LOUD. She had an interesting business and hopefully Barbara can help her earn more.

• Love 1
(edited)

I got a real kick out of the Jiggarobics (spelling?), and think it could really go over big.   He could even have a home subscription service too.   That would be very useful for people who want to work out, and can't leave their home, or don't live near a gym.   It could be a flop, or end up like Zumba.   Too bad he didn't get a deal.

I agree the wheel barrow people were smart for turning down the deals.    It looks like a great product.    Lots of people I know that are gardeners, but have a smaller yard still use wheelbarrows, but smaller ones.   I think a lot of people would love to have the tool carrier.  

The fried green tomato lady was so much fun.   I think Barbara will be a great partner for her, and she will help the company grow.   It will be another Cousins Maine Lobster, and if anyone can do that, Barbara can.  

I am glad the art lady got a deal, but I don't see it as the money maker that she thinks it is.        I really was shocked she got a deal, since I was tired of her before her pitch was half over.   I can't imagine how she would be to work with on a regular basis. 

(A programming note, there is a new episode on Wednesday night, at 10 Eastern, 9 Central, and supposed to be another one next Friday). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Does anyone know how many more episodes are left for the end of the season?? There hasn't been a new episode in 2 weeks! Last episode was Ep 20

(edited)

I don't know how many are left for this season, but I suspect the delay in the U.S. airing was because ratings sweeps month started 1 May.       Or at least on this Monday, so they have the two episodes this week.  

Sometimes the rating period for the month starts at the beginning of a full week, instead of starting on Friday 1 May. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Did I misunderstand, or was the mural company not Uber for murals? By which I mean they hire artists who have gone to school and honed their craft for years only to be paid $15 an hour/$150 a day to paint a shitty advertisement on which the company makes $15K. I had an intense and immediate hatred for it. I'm so tired of the "gig economy". Also, that woman was exhausting.

I'm a bad Southerner because I don't get the appeal of fried green tomatoes (or fried pickles for that matter). It's just a fried vehicle for dip. I'd rather have or cream-cheese-stuffed jalapenos (YUM!).

• Love 4

I found both the exercise presenter and the mural presenter exhausting.  But, they both got love from the Sharks.

I liked the presenter for the Fried Green Tomatoes.  However, I try not to eat much fried food so that business had very limited appeal to me.

I did like the Little Burros Product.  I obviously chose the wrong profession as I would never have a million dollars to use to create a business.  But, good for them; he must do quite a business in D.C.

I'm so tired of the other Sharks continually making remarks about Kevin.  He's absolutely right when he asks them what their offers are while they criticize his offers.  He's not for everyone, but he has done well with some of his tank businesses.  

I think Barbara will really help the Fried Green Tomatoes business but I guess I don't see the scaling of the mural business.  I would imagine most mural customers would like to see a draft and an estimate.  I also think some of the artists who are hired at $16/hour will figure out how to compete with her in order to make more money.

• Love 2

I loved JiggAerobics kid, but from what I saw of the workout (which was very little of it) it didn't look that different, exciting.  And he really doesn't have the body of a fitness instructor -- he looked so small.  I have a feeling this won't catch on like Zoomba.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I loved JiggAerobics kid, but from what I saw of the workout (which was very little of it) it didn't look that different, exciting.  And he really doesn't have the body of a fitness instructor -- he looked so small.  I have a feeling this won't catch on like Zoomba.

Something about the name bothers me.  Do we know where it came from?   I associate jig with and old fashioned country dance.  

On 5/3/2020 at 5:23 PM, seacliffsal said:

I'm so tired of the other Sharks continually making remarks about Kevin.  He's absolutely right when he asks them what their offers are while they criticize his offers.  He's not for everyone, but he has done well with some of his tank businesses.  

Yeah, he makes some terrible offers, but I guess his logic is to make the offer it would take to invest, rather than just going out. No one has to say yes. 

I feel like Kevin would be a good partner to have, because once he is invested, he would negotiate that hard with anyone you are selling to or doing business with. But only if he makes a decent offer.

I didn't get why the mural woman needed to keep throwing confetti. It was annoying.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder if the aerobics would be as hard on the knees, and ankles as it looked like to me?   I'm sure it would be a great aerobic workout, but it looked like something for people already in good shape. 

I think the Fried Green Tomatoes food trucks will be a gold mine in the right location.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 5/4/2020 at 3:15 PM, DEL901 said:

Something about the name bothers me.  Do we know where it came from?   I associate jig with and old fashioned country dance.  

Jiggy, popularized by the 1990s Will Smith song "Gettin Jiggy With It."

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/4/2020 at 3:15 PM, DEL901 said:

It bothers you because it sounds close to a very bad black stereotype word.   I was kind of shocked.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:32 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the Fried Green Tomatoes food trucks will be a gold mine in the right location.  

I would love to try them. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 6
On 5/15/2020 at 2:14 AM, GussieK said:

It bothers you because it sounds close to a very bad black stereotype word.   I was kind of shocked.

Thank you.  I had the same reaction, but I couldn't figure out how to respond without using the actual word.

• Love 4

I really disliked the name of the dance/aerobics, and think if it had a name that didn't sound so awful, that the seller might have had a better chance.     The sharks usually don't go for exercise pitches, like this one, Bollywood dancing, and some others.