Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: Principal for a Day

ohjoy

Coach Mellor deals with jealousy issues after learning that Julie is friends with a handsome doctor. Meanwhile, Glascott appoints CB to be substitute principal after his surgery, but needs Lainey to solve a problem with the mean girls of William Penn that he can't.

I wish they'd just have Coach Mellor and Julie get married already.  All the relationship drama they keep throwing their way is super annoying when you're dealing with two characters who are beyond grown.  And Julie's character doesn't really add anything to the show so I'd be fine with her being Mellor's wife who's mostly just mentioned by Mellow every few episodes and shows up in person like, four times a year.  

• Love 9

Is that where I know Bryan Callen (Mellor) from?  Early 90’s MTV?  He mentioned the basketball jam and I feel like he used to be the host of that.

We used to call the 90’s “All Hootie All the Time” and I stand by that.

• Love 3

@Mojoween, did you also watch Sex and the City?  In the episode where Charolette first gets married, he is the jack rabbit sex partner of Carrie.  That's what I'll remember him for eternally.  

Edited by Cowgirl
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Is that where I know Bryan Callen (Mellor) from?

I know him from Oz (the HBO prison show, not the one with Dorothy and Toto) - he was on in one of the early seasons. TOTALLY different character than Coach Mellor. 

Edited by JeezumCrow
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

DVD’s in the mail from Netflix.

Wow, that's old school! lol

I wasn't really into this ep. IDK the mean girls storyline didn't seem to go anywhere or do much and as much as I adore Mellor, I'm kind of over him and Julie (that feels weird to type. That's my name lol)

The highlight for me was Wilma perving over Leslie. lol I was right there with her. That was a nice looking man. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Utpe said:

Isn't Mean Girls from 2004?  Or are they referencing something else since that movie didn't exist within the era of the show?

It was a Babysitter's Club Reference from the movie that was out in 1994. 

• Love 1

Poor CB, he is in no way ready for the cut throat world of high school girl fights and social status. The whole school falling into chaos with their head mean girl cliche in turmoil struck me as super funny for whatever reason. And Glascot immediately echoing Laineys plan to create a rival party...which somehow ended up happening for real. 

Wilma being all about Julies new friend was killing me, and I dont blame her. Nice! 

• Love 2

Bryan Callum was also an (I think) original cast member of MadTV. His pool boy in the Dixie Wentworth sketches was....titillating(?)

I did like the mean girl clique but CB is never going to be a good Principal. He's too nice and I don't think he can really make the hard decisions.

4 hours ago, xander874 said:

His pool boy in the Dixie Wentworth sketches was....titillating(?)

I just googled it and I may never look at Coach Mellor the same way again. And that is not a bad thing. WOWZA!!!! (not so much the hair but the rest is quite pleasing to the eye)

4 hours ago, xander874 said:

CB is never going to be a good Principal. He's too nice and I don't think he can really make the hard decisions.

That is sooo true. Maybe a guidance councilor, but he is nowhere near ready to be a principal. Of course neither is Lainey. Really, Glascott just can't retire. 

• Love 2