Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: New Crib

Karen celebrates her baseball team's championship; Will and Grace go to an open house, which leads to a conversation about their future living arrangement; Jack has to decide if he wants to stay in the city to pursue his dreams.

Original air date: April 16, 2020

I kept expecting Sandra Bunrheart to appear when Will and Grace went to look at a house. It would have been the ultimate cameo and an amazing continuation of an old joke, she could have cussed them out again 🤣 I hope you guys remember her scenes from the show, they were so good.

sandra.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I knew that's where they were headed as soon as we found out Grace put in an offer. And I wonder if Karen is going to wind up going back to Stanley. Seems like the whole season is going to end up in a reset. 

I did get a kick out of the tiny Karen statue and her wanting to pleasure herself with it.

• Love 2

That was a lot happening in the course of a few hours. Jack was recognized and his ceremony complete with hands in the cement happen. Grace sees a house and makes an offer without any research into the area, thought to logistics with her life or an inspection. Yes I know it’s a sitcom!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Am I the only one who wants the show to continue with everyone living in that small town? Probably, but I don't care! 😁

And if they did this, they could continue the whole "I Love Lucy" homage with the "Lucy" phase when the Ricardos moved to Connecticut. However, no town "a 40 minute train ride north of New York City" is in "upstate New York." That would put you in mid-Westchester - about as suburban as is comes.

• Love 4

I found this episode to be a little flat, it felt more like an episode where it's primary purpose wasn't to entertain but to move all the characters into position for the final episode. Having said that I will admit Karen's response to her statue was the highlight of the episode and one of the funniest things Karen has said in a very long time.

And as we get closer to the final episode I am left scratching my head to why they decided to make the original finale and all connecting plot points a dream, if we are going to just end up at the same spot. The only thing I can conclude is they were happy with how Grace and Will ended up (and therefore repeating the kids plot) but weren't happy with how Jack and Karen ended up and are therefore fixing up their end point,

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

I found this episode to be a little flat, it felt more like an episode where it's primary purpose wasn't to entertain but to move all the characters into position for the final episode. Having said that I will admit Karen's response to her statue was the highlight of the episode and one of the funniest things Karen has said in a very long time.

And as we get closer to the final episode I am left scratching my head to why they decided to make the original finale and all connecting plot points a dream, if we are going to just end up at the same spot. The only thing I can conclude is they were happy with how Grace and Will ended up (and therefore repeating the kids plot) but weren't happy with how Jack and Karen ended up and are therefore fixing up their end point,

I think they are redoing the ending the way many feel it should have been done in the first place - with Will and Grace still friends, in each other's lives and raising their children together. They don't necessarily have to live together, but after everything they have meant to each other, they belong together as friends. I am here for it!

• Love 6

Grace was wearing a $700 dress, but all I could wonder is if the wardrobe person hates her as much as Megan M. supposedly does. And gold spike heeled boots with it? wtf.

I kind of hate them leaving NYC. but that house is cute.

How are they going to support themselves? What does Will even do now, anyway? I know you can be an interior designer anywhere, but I'd think opportunities would be a lot less lucrative and frequent in a small town. Or maybe she'll still do NYC jobs..it's not that far...I'm thinking about this way too much.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Grace was wearing a $700 dress, but all I could wonder is if the wardrobe person hates her as much as Megan M. supposedly does. And gold spike heeled boots with it? wtf.

It has been a thing since season 1 that Grace has a bad fashion sense and doesn't dress well. Karen often pointed this out through the series and Val did too in the AA episode when Grace pretended to be an alcoholic.

How are they going to support themselves? What does Will even do now, anyway?

People commute all the time and it's fine. Will is a law professor at an university but he is also rich and has lots of saved up money they can probably lean on that as well.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Harvey said:

It has been a thing since season 1 that Grace has a bad fashion sense and doesn't dress well. Karen often pointed this out through the series and Val did too in the AA episode when Grace pretended to be an alcoholic.

People commute all the time and it's fine. Will is a law professor at an university but he is also rich and has lots of saved up money they can probably lean on that as well.

I never took that joke particularly seriously til I saw this dress.

I'd totally forgotten what Will was doing for a living now. He's a professor? I don't think I even remembered/knew that. Thanks.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, luna1122 said:

And the make up person.

I follow Debra Messing on Instagram and she never looks like she does on the show. Maybe Megan is the wardrobe department. I've been watching episodes from the original run and while Grace's fashion sense has been questionable a number of times, they at least were always flattering outfits.

The re-watch has also made me realise how much I enjoyed Will's relationship with Vince and it's a shame that it is no longer end game. I can take or leave Leo ending with Grace, and honestly I feel it's better she didn't settle with Leo, but Will now not ending up with Vince  doesn't seem right.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I'd totally forgotten what Will was doing for a living now. He's a professor? I don't think I even remembered/knew that.

They would do some stories with it last season (like Karen's stepdaughter being in his class or some of the students giving him chocolate milk spiked with drugs), but barely mentioned it this season.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

The re-watch has also made me realise how much I enjoyed Will's relationship with Vince and it's a shame that it is no longer end game. I can take or leave Leo ending with Grace, and honestly I feel it's better she didn't settle with Leo, but Will now not ending up with Vince  doesn't seem right.

I liked Will and Vince together too.  I couldn't stand Leo (a friend would always quote Karen about him, "He don't make me laugh!"), and I didn't like how they forced him into the show and had Grace marry him without even waiting to see if the audience accepted him.  I guess they were determined to have her get married right then without taking the time to build a relationship.  It made sense that it ultimately didn't work out, but then they had to ruin it by bringing him back in the end of the original run.  The writers tend to go back to certain things over and over, hence Karen and Stan.

• Love 2