Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: A Birthday to Die For

• Start Topic

Lindsay turns the house into a crime scene for her murder mystery-themed birthday; Paige is put in an uncomfortable position as tension between Hannah and Amanda escalates over Hannah's involvement with Luke, who is still hung up on an ex.

Airs April 15, 2020.

I would give this episode a solid meh. I hate murder mystery parties and forced participation. Lindsay should have just had a Gatsby party with bartenders and catering and called it good. We never did see who the murderer was...did we? All of them looked fabulous. Very nice rental costume work. Did Lindsay have a sudden change of boob top before they went out?

Amanda is solidly on my sh*t list for dissing New Hampshire. She was already on my shit list for quitting the career she built on her own to hitch herself to Kyle's wagon. But I can tell you, nobody gives a flying fig who Kyle Cooke is on the seacoast, regardless of the fact that his cousins are pretty well known on the social scene. Actually his cousins are fairly nice guys and keep it pretty low key. But maybe that's why she didn't want to go, no one would give her a second glance downtown, let alone ask to have a selfie with her. 

I can't decide the root of the girl bitchiness. Lindsay actually kept it together pretty well I thought. The little guy really does have a centering effect on her. I think Amanda and Paige are definitely inserting themselves and creating drama. We saw that Luke is definitely over them. I think I'm over Amanda. I was actually turning the corner on Paige because we were seeing more of her personality (and that she actually might have a shred of personality). I don't mind Hannah as much at the moment, except for her less than feminine way of carrying herself. She looks like Godzilla in those tiny pajamas. I don't really care if she and Luke do it or not, but it is an issue that he's not over his ex. We've all been there.

In conclusion, I think Amanda is channeling her inner rage and self hatred into bitchiness at everyone else. This lovey phase with Kyle will be short lived. They'll probably get swept into the attention of being an engaged couple planning their wedding when everything is about them...and suddenly it isn't. Married Amanda and Kyle will *not be fun.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I hate murder mystery parties and forced participation.

Word.

We never did see who the murderer was...did we?

The murderer is...Lindsay!

Amanda is solidly on my sh*t list for dissing New Hampshire.

I didn't realize she was dissing NH, I thought she was dissing Kyle's family.

We saw that Luke is definitely over them.

I'm over Luke.  Good looks and exquisite cheek bones only get you so far.  Of all the part-time hockey/coaches/models/jewelrysmiths/folksingers/pirateenthusiasts on reality TV, he has got to be the thirstiest.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

I don't love that type of forced participation either, but at least Lindsey planned a party that wasn't centered around drinking. Sure they all got fucked up, but at least it wasn't the actual theme of the event. I was getting annoyed at how it seemed like no one could manage to get excited about anything other than drinking. I like getting tipsy as much as the next Bravolebrity, but that house must be such a tedious mix of annoying and boring. The only thing these people like is drunken drama.

I'm not sure if Amanda is letting her "fame" get to her or if she did something to piss off production and get a bad edit, but she is really coming across as stuck up priss this season. Speaking of which, Amanda you seem to hate most things about Kyle and now it seems like you hate his family. Why are you marrying him? I have said it (many, many) times before and I will say it again, break up! 

What was on Luke's face? 

I still don't care about Luke and Hannah.

Carl can shut right the hell up. He asked Sarah out right in front of Lindsey! The only reason he wasn't parading a girl around was that Sarah ditched him. Carl is the worst.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 9

I like Kyle and he is an OG and I think a good character on this show, but I have absolutely NO desire to watch married couples in a Summer House.  Sorry, but you get married, you need to GTFO.  This is supposed to be about summer flings.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

@RedDelicious  I need to hear more about Kyle’s cousins on the...NH social scene?!

Ah, yes. There is in fact a decent scene out on the seacoast which is where they live. Ryan and Tyler McGill. Kyle's middle name is McGill. They're in their late 30s and own the surf shop Summer Sessions of which Kyle is almost always wearing a cap or a t-shirt or has a mug on his desk. They have a surf bus that they load up with boards during the day and occasionally drive into downtown full of friends on summer nights. I *may or may not have taken a ride or two on the bus in my day 😄 Anyhow his cousin lives right off Jenness Beach in Rye and the downtown hot spots are in Portsmouth. Rye and New Castle are a lot like Montauk, including the summer influx of luxury license plates from New York. But it is most definitely not a Montauk scene; its FAR more down to earth. If anyone showed up at the decks dressed like anyone in Summer House they'd get the hairy eyeball for clearly being an out-of-towner. We like our vibe and our people to be local. Anyhow pretty much everyone knows the McGills, although they are definitely low key guys for sure. They're not obnoxious drinkers/attention seekers like their cousin Kyle!

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 4/16/2020 at 11:43 PM, RedDelicious said:

I would give this episode a solid meh.

You're right. I opened the forum and went to comment and thought "theres barely anything I feel strongly enough about to comment on". Solid meh for me as well,

• Love 1

Carl and Luke continue to star in their own movie "Douche and Douchier" and Luke is DEFINITELY the biggest douche of all.

Carl the reason you haven't bought someone home to get laid is not out of respect for Lindsay and your 3 minute relationship, it's because your game of late has been total shit and no one is interested (well apart from Jules but she wanted to fuck Jordan so we know how high the bar is for her!).

And Luke. Oh Luke. I haven't checked but I sure  hope you are copping shit on social media because boy you DESERVE some hate.

You have gotta be the most entitled, un-self aware douchenozzle I have seen on TV recently.

TBH you were just your usual douchebag self this episode but the preview indicates we are in for some gold star top shelf douchefuckery from you and I am living for it.

You know how some people can be good looking and setup in life and still be a decent person.

Luke never got the memo.

Ugh I can't stand him.

Peace out!

• Love 5
13 hours ago, F8. said:

Carl and Luke continue to star in their own movie "Douche and Douchier" and Luke is DEFINITELY the biggest douche of all.

Carl the reason you haven't bought someone home to get laid is not out of respect for Lindsay and your 3 minute relationship, it's because your game of late has been total shit and no one is interested (well apart from Jules but she wanted to fuck Jordan so we know how high the bar is for her!).

And Luke. Oh Luke. I haven't checked but I sure  hope you are copping shit on social media because boy you DESERVE some hate.

You have gotta be the most entitled, un-self aware douchenozzle I have seen on TV recently.

TBH you were just your usual douchebag self this episode but the preview indicates we are in for some gold star top shelf douchefuckery from you and I am living for it.

You know how some people can be good looking and setup in life and still be a decent person.

Luke never got the memo.

Ugh I can't stand him.

Peace out!

ditto,,,,couldn't have said it better,,,the only thing i can add is carl made me side with lindsay and I detest her

• Love 1

I still can’t get over that the man who asked a woman out in front of Lindsay after their exercise class the morning after they decided to not date is patting himself on the back that he is being respectful to her!

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

ditto,,,,couldn't have said it better,,,the only thing i can add is carl made me side with lindsay and I detest her

LMAO God I didn't even realise I had done that but yes, same. Lindsay is just kind of annoying to me but Carl has been such a dick even I am happy she has a BF to shove in Carl's childish face

Luke is making Hannah look desperate.  It's embarrassing to watch her begging for sex.  The again, her confidence turned to arrogance sometime this season so she was deserving of a fall.  That argument between the women was started by her talking out both side of her mouth.  

I still can't wait to see Lindsay's reaction to Carl kissing Danielle. 

• Love 4
On 4/19/2020 at 8:26 AM, snarts said:

Luke is making Hannah look desperate.  It's embarrassing to watch her begging for sex.  The again, her confidence turned to arrogance sometime this season so she was deserving of a fall.  That argument between the women was started by her talking out both side of her mouth.  

I still can't wait to see Lindsay's reaction to Carl kissing Danielle. 

I agree with the bolded. He was coming in hard when she was with Armand and flirting nonstop. He was clearly enjoying the chase. Now that she is available, he no longer cares...but the sad part is, she still does. 

• Love 3

Hey. Wish me luck. I’m gonna use social media and asked Danielle and Jules on dates. I’m not a punk like Carl and I know my chances of success are slim, however I’m gonna step up to the plate and take a few swings.

• Love 1
On 4/22/2020 at 12:41 AM, APK said:

Hey. Wish me luck. I’m gonna use social media and asked Danielle and Jules on dates. I’m not a punk like Carl and I know my chances of success are slim, however I’m gonna step up to the plate and take a few swings.

If you are serious, I would try with one first, and if it doesn't work out then move on.  I don't know how I would feel about being asked out at the same time my coworker is being asked out by the same person.

• Love 1