Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E21: Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

After learning that scientists predict the ozone layer will be depleted in 20 years, Rainbow panics and tries to implement Earth Day at school; Rainbow is forced to takes matters into her own hands to fight for the cause.

Airs April 14, 2020.

I really enjoy this show, but thought this episode was absolutely awful. The whole dream storyline was a waste of time and not “out there” enough to make the dream concept make sense.

• Love 6

I hated this episode. One of the most tedious things in the world is listening to someone else describe a dream and that's very much what this was. Especially knowing it was a dream going into the story, it meant that I didn't care about the plot because I knew it didn't matter and it certainly wasn't funny enough to justify that. I really don't understand what the thinking was in creating this episode. Did the writers room take a week off? Were they high af? I am so confused.

• Love 5

Wow that episode was total garbage.

I don’t understand why they needed to make most of it a dream? There really wasn’t anything weird or dream-like about it, it just played like a normal episode with some slightly different behavior. And telling the audience it’s a dream before going in means we know it’s pointless and nothing that happens has any consequences. If you are going to do a dream episode there has to be some reason for it, and it has to actually be different enough from real life to justify the concept. Like have Bow “wake up” to find that the ozone layer hole has caused mass destruction and things are on fire or people look like zombies or something. Go over the top! Watching a dream that we know is a dream of someone stealing aerosol cans is boring and stupid.

• Love 5

The dream sequence was the perfect opportunity to put all the white actors in blaceface since that is what was going to happen if the Ozone Layer disappears (maybe that is why people worked so fast to prevent it from happening?) and since this TV series occurs before white people realized that blackface was wrong.

I liked it. I didn't care about it being a dream or not. I remember when the ozone hole was the big fear. Then we had an avalanche of other things, like nuclear fallout. Maybe I was just in the mood for a little optimism, because they showed how some things actually have improved in 20 years. Nowadays it feels like everything has gone to hell, so I didn't mind a little victory for Rainbow at the end.

• Love 7

Whoa, that word "mulatto" came out of nowhere. I thought people pretty much had stopped using that word by the 1970s.

I really liked Alicia's pinstripe suit.

Does it seem to anyone else like Denise and Harrison are becoming actual friends? Sure hope the show isn't going to try to take it further than that with them. Not even for some one-episode laughs.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2020 at 6:50 AM, vibeology said:

One of the most tedious things in the world is listening to someone else describe a dream and that's very much what this was.

One of my friends said, "I don't want to hear about anyone's dreams unless I'm in them - and even then, I still probably don't  want to hear about them."

Yeah the dream was weird. Why would Bow dream about her mom and grandfather talking at work? I thought it was a good opportunity for the characters to have some fun but they didn't take advantage of it.