Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
raven

Secret Life Of The Zoo

Venture to the most popular zoo in the UK -- the Chester Zoo.  Shown on Animal Planet.

• Like 1

Thanks, @Raven!

I want to start by listing my favorite Keepers in no particular order.

Niall - Bodge's best buddy and the only one able to bargain with him to release the big wooden stick.

Kristen - I love her exuberance and love of the animals.

Sarah with the unfortunately poor teeth (don't they have orthodontists in England) for her no-nonsense attitude and facing down the giraffes when they misbehave.

Clare as second in command with the chimps and her delivery of the facts.

Actually, there isn't any of them I don't love.  The two in the insect house are adorable - he looks like a giant bug nerd and she would be the last person I'd expect to be one as well!

• Like 6

Yessss!!!!  Finally a forum for this show. It's my favorite show on TV.  I have about sixty of the shows saved on my DVR. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to replace the thing.

• Like 4

I like the escape artists animals.     The hubbub when the orangutans (or which ever primate they were) escaped was hysterical.     I love all of the keepers.      The young elephant getting jealous of the new baby, and the way the females all protected the baby was amazing.  

• Like 3

I have learned so much about all different kinds of animals but especially about the elephants.  I love the babies and am so uplifted that Indali beat the virus.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The young elephant getting jealous of the new baby, and the way the females all protected the baby was amazing.  

Oooh, she was a sneaky little brat, wasn't she? She knew it was wrong but she did it anyway and took pleasure in doing it.

Edited by suomi
  • Like 3

Not sure how Animal Planet purchases programs from England but according to Wikipedia it looks like we've seen episode 1 of season 8 but none after that.  Lots of interesting stuff from the descriptions!

• Useful 1

I wish this show had enough seasons and episodes for it's own channel. It is a totally charming endeavor. 

I'm STILL chuckling about Diego the otter moving out after he didn't click with Icana: "his clothes are boxed on the porch."

• Like 5

Interesting short video from the San Diego Zoo and testing for susceptibility in the species.

• Like 1

That IS good news! I hope Anjan is nicer to a new baby than Indali was, when it was her turn. She was a little shit!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, suomi said:

That IS good news! I hope Anjan is nicer to a new baby than Indali was, when it was her turn. She was a little shit!

The girls do tend to be a little more jealous it seems. I remember how Nandita was as well. They were a riot to watch though.

• Like 2

My definition of happiness is watching a baby elephant try to work their trunk.  So cute and goofy.  I always imagine what their internal monologue would be.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3