Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Exes and Oh-No's

• Start Topic

Kyle and Amanda's mothers visit for the weekend; and the boys of "Summer House" behave badly; Jordan stuns Jules; Luke shocks the house with his relationship status; Carl still can't make things right with Lindsay.

Airs March 25, 2020.

Well, duh, I finally figured it out. Jordan is there for a free weekend summer house in the Hamptons. 
ETA: ooooo, I don’t follow any of these children on social media, but I bet the quarantine is hitting most of them HARD, considering the type of ‘work’ they do.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I have finally figured out what frustrates me while watching these reality shows (that I always seem drawn to... okay, addicted to). They always set up the premise that romance IS just around the corner, and love CAN be found. All the reality shows dangle this 'lure' because producers know viewers will keep coming back in hopes that they will witness another successful match, such as was found in Love is Blind.

Unfortunately, almost every male cast member who auditions and lands the part in a reality show - Carl, Luke, Jordan, Armand etc., is an 'actor' who has no interest in actually dating someone they meet on the set because they already have a girlfriend hidden in their home towns.

It seems these shows have been extremely disappointing these season, and the common denominator has been men showing up, but not actually interested in any of the women present.

Lastly, do we blame them? I don't see why these women are the Summer House 'picks'? Why are they deemed so popular? Am I missing part of the storyline?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, APK said:

Jordan ruined his and Jules storyline by rejecting the dominating birthday surprise.

I noticed he took the handcuffs when he was packing.

If the engaged couple really wanted to make a go of things they SHOULD NOT spend the summer with single idiots.  I liked the moms.

Next week the appearance of Shep and whats-his-name.  Woohoo.

• Love 1

What is it with these arseholes - Carl, Luke, Jordan?  These guys pursue a girl until they are sure they have them interested and then suddenly the guys aren't that interested and are afraid of commitment, or there's something wrong with the girl, or we're not compatible or blah, blah fucking blah.  Jordan clearly has some sexual problems - whatever the cause.  Why would anyone remotely normal want that broadcasted all over the place - is any attention better than no attention at all?  I also don't think it's a great idea for Amanda to give up her day job to work with Kyle - he acts like her dad now - what's it going to be like when he's all she's got for an income.  Why can't he just do LoverBoy on his own?  I liked their mothers.

• Love 10

Kyle is bad for Amanda. For so many reasons. I think it would be patently absurd for her to give up her L’Occitane job for Loverboy. Who carries the health insurance??

This episode made me have my recurring wedding day dream where I don’t want to get married and I’m looking out the windows trying to figure out if I can leave.

• Love 4
On 3/26/2020 at 7:11 PM, whydoievencare said:

What is it with these arseholes - Carl, Luke, Jordan?  These guys pursue a girl until they are sure they have them interested and then suddenly the guys aren't that interested and are afraid of commitment, or there's something wrong with the girl, or we're not compatible or blah, blah fucking blah.  Jordan clearly has some sexual problems - whatever the cause.  Why would anyone remotely normal want that broadcasted all over the place - is any attention better than no attention at all?  I also don't think it's a great idea for Amanda to give up her day job to work with Kyle - he acts like her dad now - what's it going to be like when he's all she's got for an income.  Why can't he just do LoverBoy on his own?  I liked their mothers.

I know! The sense of self absorbed privilege with these guys is astounding. All of them constantly have this attitude of “all I want is to be able to treat all women exactly the way I want at any given moment without any consequences or any acknowledgement of them as people with feelings of their own. Why is this a problem? Why are you causing drama?!?!” It’s just astounding. I don’t even like the women that much but they all deserve better than that. 

• Love 6
On 3/27/2020 at 5:18 AM, RedDelicious said:

This episode made me have my recurring wedding day dream where I don’t want to get married and I’m looking out the windows trying to figure out if I can leave.

Oh.my.god.  I have a recurring dream where I think I wake up and am sitting at a small bar, like in a venue, and am wearing a wedding dress.  Next to me is an absolute asshole and then I realize I am married and wake up screaming.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

@jumper sage that is terrible ☹️ What a horrible way to wake up. That’s what those two do to us/me!! I feel like we’re watching them make the biggest mistake of their lives (primarily on Amanda’s part) in slow motion. And then it manifests. 

I may never get married 😳

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2020 at 7:48 AM, APK said:

Lindsay should definitely wear her eyeglasses more often. I believe she looks really good wearing them. 

I really hate when she wears hats, she always perches them on her head and it bothers me.  No one looks good with the perch.

• Love 2