Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Part VII

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Wow, just when I thought it could not get any more stupid or ridiculous... along comes part 7. 

This is how The Sinner went in S2, which is why I almost didn't watch this season. Damn Matt Bomer sucked me in and then Gretchen from Breaking Bad showed up, so here I am!

• Love 1

Pardon my inattention, but who was the guy he clobbered in the sand trap?

It must hurt a little when you meet with the school headmistress and you say "I feel I need to move on, so I'm resigning."  And she says, "Okay, bye."

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, Dowel Jones said:

Pardon my inattention, but who was the guy he clobbered in the sand trap?

It must hurt a little when you meet with the school headmistress and you say "I feel I need to move on, so I'm resigning."  And she says, "Okay, bye."

The head of the local police dept (if I'm not mistaken).

• Love 6

I remember when season 2 ended with a dull thud and a yawn, I felt like kicking myself for wasting 8 hours with the show.   This season has me feeling deja vu.  What a waste of resources.

What's happening with Bill Pullman?  Watching and hearing him is disturbing - he acts like he's stoned or like he had a mild stroke, with the slurring, slow voice and delayed reactions.  If he's doing all of that "acting" for this sorry show, he should save his energy.  If he's not acting, boy oughta get that checked out.

• Love 5

This plot is just stupid, flat out stupid. I still can’t believe Ambrose allowed himself to be buried alive in order to get a confession, stupid beyond belief.

How did Ambrose manage to get the cell phone on to record Jamie when Jamie confessed to him? The cell phone was out of juice when Ambrose was buried, how  did he manage to get it plugged in and hit the record button without Jamie noticing?

And so now, after having the charge dropped, instead of getting the hell out of there, Jamie is going to kill a police captain?!!! It makes no sense at all, now everyone will be searching for Jamie and he has no chance of getting away with his crimes whereas had he just fled there’s a shot he might’ve never been prosecuted. That’s beyond stupid. None of what the characters are doing makes much sense at all.

Honestly this season has turned into complete dreck, it started out with a lot of potential and was good for a couple of episodes, then it dragged, now it has just become completely stupid, ridiculous, poorly written garbage. I’m extremely disappointed in how this season has played out, it had so much potential but it has devolved into a load of crap. There’s no suspense going into the final episode, just a lot of disappointment that what could’ve been a good story instead became laughable, stupid dreck. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

And so now, after having the charge dropped, instead of getting the hell out of there, Jamie is going to kill a police captain?!!! It makes no sense at all, now everyone will be searching for Jamie and he has no chance of getting away with his crimes whereas had he just fled there’s a shot he might’ve never been prosecuted. That’s beyond stupid. None of what the characters are doing makes much sense at all.

Gonna speculate here (though I'm not sure why I'm even wasting my time with this show) but my guess is that Jamie is setting himself up for a suicide-by-cop scenario.  The man seems to want to get close to death and this murder will get the ball rolling.  He'll go on the run, the cops will be after him and he will not give up willingly.  Then somehow Ambrose will be there and they'll have some existential bullshit conversation before the fatal shot.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, patty1h said:

Gonna speculate here (though I'm not sure why I'm even wasting my time with this show) but my guess is that Jamie is setting himself up for a suicide-by-cop scenario.  The man seems to want to get close to death and this murder will get the ball rolling.  He'll go on the run, the cops will be after him and he will not give up willingly.  Then somehow Ambrose will be there and they'll have some existential bullshit conversation before the fatal shot.  

SPOILER!!! 🤣

2 hours ago, kj4ever said:

I hate that I've watched so many of these that I have to watch the finale.  

I've stopped watching the 1st season after the 3rd episode, and never watched the 2nd season, but I've started to watch the 3rd one because of Bomer, who was very pleasant to watch at (at least until his character has cut his hair). 

• Love 2

I was surprised by how different he looked after cutting his hair.  That conversation with the student was all kinds of creepy, when I really didn't get a creepy vibe from him before, at least not when it came to his students.  This time, he "looked like a psycho" which is a horrible thing to say about anyone, but those same piercing eyes combined with the haircut and probably some subtle changes in his mannerisms really made me uneasy.

• Love 7

I would be satisfied with the series if Jamie takes out a few more people before he gets taken down, he is an Ubermensch after all, especially if he does it in an entertaining way. Let's make a list.

Both of Sonia's parents.

Lady Headmistress of the High School.

Judge who released him.

Black Female Police Officer

Guy Helping Ambrose Police Officer

Jamie is just about to kill Lady Painter, but this is where Ambrose says "I am an Ubermensch as well, I have killed lots of people" and kills Jamie. Next we see Ambrose on the ground, holding Jamie in his arms, staring longingly into each others eyes until Jamie dies. Ambrose becomes the Chief of Police and shacks up with Lady Painter and Jamie's Wife. They all raise Jamie's kid together. The show ends at Thanksgiving with everybody at the table eating a giant turkey with all the fixings.

Or maybe the last scene is Sonia jumping off of a bridge into a river of icy water.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/24/2020 at 7:51 AM, AnimeMania said:

Both of Sonia's parents.

Judge who released him.

The Golf Club O'Death!

Then, in the final battle between Jaime and Ambrose, each grabs a club out of the bag and gets to it, a la Luke and Darth.  Fade to black at the moment of the final swing, so we never know.

• LOL 1
On 3/24/2020 at 3:51 PM, AnimeMania said:

I would be satisfied with the series if Jamie takes out a few more people before he gets taken down, he is an Ubermensch after all, especially if he does it in an entertaining way. Let's make a list.

Both of Sonia's parents.

Judge who released him.

Jamie is just about to kill Lady Painter, but this is where Ambrose says "I am an Ubermensch as well, I have killed lots of people" and kills Jamie. Next we see Ambrose on the ground, holding Jamie in his arms, staring longingly into each others eyes until Jamie dies. Ambrose becomes the Chief of Police and shacks up with Lady Painter and Jamie's Wife. They all raise Jamie's kid together. The show ends at Thanksgiving with everybody at the table eating a giant turkey with all the fixings.

Or maybe the last scene is Sonia jumping off of a bridge into a river of icy water.

+ His wife

+ His wife's kind and caring friends

They are just annoying. 

I've been a member of the "utterly ridiculous dreck" group for the last couple of episodes, but I did find one scene in this episode interesting: when Jamie asked Emma to take a walk around the block. I was sure he was going to kill her, or maybe recruit her into his Ubermensch club, but instead he talked to her like a caring teacher and gave her good (not crazy) advice. It was like he was having a few final moments of sanity and decency before accepting himself as a full-blown psycho killer. 

• Love 2