Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Filthy Phil, Part II

Will and Grace race to save Karen when they think she is in danger after her new boyfriend takes her to a cabin in the woods; Jack makes up a story to a snobby reporter to keep his new bar relevant after its previous owner steps down.

Original air date: March 5, 2020

"Stabbing, this is stabbing!"

"Then 'stabbing' is how I got popular." 

LOL. I liked McHale going all in on the creepy, too.

I'm glad that Karen did notice some of Phil's more questionable aspects. The idea of her getting involved with him out of a feeling of loneliness and wanting to be appreciated makes more sense. 

Jack's new name for the bar. Nice :p. 

• Love 5

Nice cameo by Cheers co-creator and sitcom writer/director James Burrows (who also directed this episode) popping up to say "I don't get it" regarding the new bar name Queers... and I barely recognized TR Knight as Dexter Murphy, the writer from the New York Gayzette. I haven't seen him in much since he left Grey's Anatomy years ago.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Since w&g called Phil “Filthy Phil” last week when in the kitchen after talking about podcasts, why were they trying to figure out a name for him in this episode?

I’m glad that Phil was an actual bad guy and not just some wacky misunderstanding.

• Love 8

The joke about Grace drinking a diet Dr.Pepper at the Gym was hilarious 🤣. Now I want to try badger stew.

Jack's storyline is not very funny, I wish they didn't spend so much time on it.

• Love 4

I barely recognized TR Knight as Dexter Murphy, the writer from the New York Gayzette

Me neither! I didn't realize it was him until the closing credits. 

The way Phil was trying to get Will to go for a walk in the woods and trying to take Grace out on the lake in a canoe was funny. I love that Will and Grace are so into podcasts about serial killers. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Me neither! I didn't realize it was him until the closing credits. 

He was J. Edgar Hoover on the Einstein season of Genius. I knew he was going to be in it and I still didn't recognize him at first. Then he played a different character in the Picasso season and it took me a minute. I wonder if he'll show up in the Aretha Franklin season.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 2
On 3/5/2020 at 8:24 PM, giovannif7 said:

Nice cameo by Cheers co-creator and sitcom writer/director James Burrows (who also directed this episode) popping up to say "I don't get it" regarding the new bar name Queers... 

Thanks for clarifying - I knew there was some kind of inside joke with that line.

Speaking of jokes, Jack's eyebrow preening line ("Next time use your tongue and you'll get a raise") was a variation of a joke that I heard when I was in college, to wit:  "How did you two meet?" "I was sitting at the bar, licking my eyebrows."

Seeing Joel the last two eps just makes me realize how much I miss him on The Soup.  The new host is really trying hard, God Bless Her, but the reboot isn't nearly as good as the original.  Or maybe pop culture has just declined.

• Love 4