Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Intimate Violence

jewel21
  • Start Topic

An armed robbery case quickly turns into a homicide investigation. When one suspect’s background suggests domestic violence, Upton is forced to reckon with her childhood. Voight and Halstead butt heads over Halstead’s righteous instinct.

Airdate: 03/04/2020

(edited)

There is something really untrustworthy about Upton? Like I did not buy one word she said at the end, it was probably that ridiculous smirk she had on her face.

So Upton, is in a car with a camera, takes a photo & runs it through facial recognition & then wants a pat on the back for doing basic police surveilance work like the've just found WMD. No sunshine it doesn't prove you 'work well together' all it proves is that you are not completely incompetent as a cop.

It's really disappointing how this show has put them in this silo? Halstead and Upton are only allowed to interact with each other, work with each other, hold each other's hands, drink together. I mean I get she's a control freak and needs to know where he is at all times but they have pretty much killed the ensemble feel of this show.

They cannot seem to write for more than two characters per episode & the rest of just background noise. 

And Atwater has yet another week were he's barely sighted & we get more of this boring pairing. It was like watching paint dry. 

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 6
(edited)

Upton is just annoying and now she is an expert on Domestic violence. Victims of Domestic violence and all forms of abuse often have a psychological bond with their abuser and Halstead beating up that wife beater is not going to change things in the long run. It would not surprise me if that lady goes back to her husband at some point.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Upton's permasmirk is annoying.  

They have totally ruined her character.  I liked her in the beginning!  She had some balls, but ethics too.  Now she's Voight Jr. and nowhere near as connected as he is.  Another one bites the dust!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

It really sucks that Upstead has a following.  I do not want to see them as a pair but apparently it's a must that Jay has to fuck his female partner and some dont care that Upton fucked Ruzek and Jay was with Erin just more partner fucking and these two must be spotlighted while Atwater gets no lovin. Burzek and a potential for Atwater / Rojas interest me more than Jay eventually screwing Upton with her" I'm hot shit, untouchable my shit dont stink " grin on her face.  Its apparent how much the character is loved by the showrunner 

Edited by Josh371982
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

It really sucks that Upstead has a following.  I do not want to see them as a pair but apparently it's a must that Jay has to fuck his female partner and some dont care that Upton fucked Ruzek and Jay was with Erin just more partner fucking and these two must be spotlighted while Atwater gets no lovin. Burzek and a potential for Atwater / Rojas interest me more than Jay eventually screwing Upton with her" I'm hot shit, untouchable my shit dont stink " grin on her face.  Its apparent how much the character is loved by the showrunner 

There following is mostly on Twitter . I just don’t see any chemistry with them two . And yeah Eid is an idiot and seems infatuated with her

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Jaelyn96 said:

There following is mostly on Twitter . I just don’t see any chemistry with them two . And yeah Eid is an idiot and seems infatuated with her

Ohhh don't let those little kiddies on Twitter hear you say that, they'll throw their crayons at you. 😂

Edited by Guildford
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2020 at 10:57 PM, Josh371982 said:

while Atwater gets no lovin. 

What is up with that?!?

He finally gets some and she goes to prison before the end of the episode?  I didn't like the actress, but jeeze!  Atwater is one of the only decent people in that unit.  Let's get some love for Atwater!

• Love 1

{ducks} I've always been an Upton fan.  I know she gets no love on these boards.  Not sure why.  The actress is attractive.  And if she wanted to partner up with me, I'd be all over that.  Not sure why some characters resonate more with people than others, but I just never have gotten the Upton hate.

Over the seasons, we've seen glimpses of Upton's past life, and it certainly doesn't seem like it's been an easy one.  Alcoholic father who beat up her mother.  I think one of the past seasons, we learned she was also a victim of abuse and got beat up bad.  So why all the skepticism of her story and that she doesn't know what she is talking about?  She's been there and understands.  I found her believable.  But then again, I also find her hot, so maybe I'd believe anything.

In the end, Jay does the right thing to save this woman.  But they lose the big fish in Brady.  I hope that we'll get to see Brady again and that he'll get what's coming to him.

Do the bad guys in Chicago only live in Bridgeport and Canaryville?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, greyhorse said:

Do the bad guys in Chicago only live in Bridgeport and Canaryville?

It certainly seems that way!!  I'm a Northside Chicago girl and I hate that every neighborhood they work or live in is South.  Show the Northside some love!

9 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

What is up with that?!?

He finally gets some and she goes to prison before the end of the episode?  I didn't like the actress, but jeeze!  Atwater is one of the only decent people in that unit.  Let's get some love for Atwater!

The sad thing is that by the they get around to giving Atwater a love interest, which will probably be Rojas everyone will be so over the in-house romances (if they aren't already) that it will roundly hated & ridiculed. 

I am guessing they will finally hook them up once we've sat through the angst filled will they/won't they of Upstead, followed by the inevitable break up.

Poor Atwater, he's literally just background noise that Eid's been told he has to keep on the payroll so they can do their yearly 'black v blue' episode.

• Love 1
On 3/8/2020 at 12:01 PM, greyhorse said:

Over the seasons, we've seen glimpses of Upton's past life, and it certainly doesn't seem like it's been an easy one.  Alcoholic father who beat up her mother.  I think one of the past seasons, we learned she was also a victim of abuse and got beat up bad.  So why all the skepticism of her story and that she doesn't know what she is talking about?  She's been there and understands.  I found her believable.

See, and I don't remember any of this. The only time I remember her talking about her family before this episode is the first time she turned up on the show when she told Trudy that she became a cop because of how well Trudy treated her as a kid when her father's restaurant was robbed while she was there and he was pistol whipped and she was waiting at the precinct worried about whether he'd survive. And in terms of violence in her past, I only recall there being an implication of an incident between her and the Man In Black from Lost when she was undercover, which sucks yeah but is a risk of her job. That's why all of this seemed contrived to me, not because I thought Hailey herself was being shady but because it seemed like the writers were changing her history to generate sympathy.

• Love 2
On 3/8/2020 at 10:58 AM, SuzieQ said:

What is up with that?!?

I feel like they've been hinting at him and  Rojas getting together . It would be nice to see him have a storyline outside  of being the token Black man.

• Love 1
On 3/13/2020 at 4:05 AM, WinJet0819 said:

One Chicago, along with other shows like Grey's and NCIS are now halted due to the coronavirus threat. Sucks. The positive is the shows are almost finished filming their seasons so I would think they should be able to finish up at some point.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/03/list-of-shows-with-delayedhalted.html

Thanks for posting!!  It says  "unlikely to resume"  so I bet they'll just wrap up in some half assed way.  sigh!

10 minutes ago, Jaelyn96 said:

They are done for the season. Jesse and some of the other cast posted on Instagram that s7 is done. They just finished filming episode 20. As well as the other Chicago shows and SVU

Yeah, I saw in the Deadline article that all Dick Wolf shows would not be coming back to finish. So that means the FBI shows over on CBS. So these seasons are going to have pretty abrupt endings with some open-ended storylines that won't be wrapped up since episode 20 wasn't shot with the end of the season in mind. I know other shows, like NCIS and the Arrowverse shows, are going to be doing the same thing.

I do wonder why, at least with the One Chicago shows, they don't want to finish up after the hiatus? If it's a few weeks or even a month, it is just two episodes left to shoot. If it's over a month, it would make sense to shut down the season fully. IDK.

Coronavirus is causing havoc with everything. No sports. Movie releases pushed back. And now, even are TV shows.

2 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

Yeah, I saw in the Deadline article that all Dick Wolf shows would not be coming back to finish. So that means the FBI shows over on CBS. So these seasons are going to have pretty abrupt endings with some open-ended storylines that won't be wrapped up since episode 20 wasn't shot with the end of the season in mind. I know other shows, like NCIS and the Arrowverse shows, are going to be doing the same thing.

I do wonder why, at least with the One Chicago shows, they don't want to finish up after the hiatus? If it's a few weeks or even a month, it is just two episodes left to shoot. If it's over a month, it would make sense to shut down the season fully. IDK.

Coronavirus is causing havoc with everything. No sports. Movie releases pushed back. And now, even are TV shows.

I guess the good thing is that considering Eid has the concentration span of a pea he won't haven even started the end of season arc by episode 20 so we won't be left hanging....it will just be the usual ending to an episode where this weeks 'IU member fucking up' will be completely resolved.

Never thought having Eid in charge *could be a positive.

This was the rerun episode this week and I watched again.  I know I've seen this before since I have posts here, but must have been multitasking through most of it because all the "relationship type" comments Upton was making to Jay was making me want to hurl!!  Yes you need to be sympatico with your partner, but that smugness like what they have is so special was nauseating.  🤢🤮🤑