Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Cello Squirrel Daffodil

(edited)

Hah, young Dean is just too cool.

The doctor can't think of the word "paper" and looks to tongue-tied Plover to help.

I really hate Margo wearing eye patches.  We had to go a whole season of her wearing eye patches.  And I sure wouldn't give something as valuable as my freakin' EYE to someone to keep no matter how badly I wanted to know what they were doing.

OMFG, George torturing Alice by cutting off fingers.  Holy fuck.  Penny lost hands before so I know she can get them back but wow, what a horrible scene.

Edited by Poltargyst
kljk,k,.
  • Love 3

Yes, somehow I find that my interest is waning in light of the fact that this will be the last season. I'll see it through, of course, but my enthusiasm for the show had already been dulled by the death of Quentin so this certainly doesn't help matters. 

I did like the time travel stuff and the return of Hyman but it felt like far too much time was spent on a new character. I have no objections to Plum, I understand she was a character in the books, but with so few episodes left I prefer to spend time with characters we already know.

I have no idea what a cello, a squirrel or a daffodil have to do with this episode. I don't remember any of those things even being mentioned.

• Love 1
(edited)

The show has been cancelled? Well that's a bummer. I still love all the Margot and Elliot stuff and had hopes that maybe they could get back Quenting. Guess that's it then... hopefully we'll get one more musical episode? Fingers crossed.

The reveal who the dark king was... kinda boring. Oh well.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I have no objections to Plum, I understand she was a character in the books,

Oh yeah, now that you mention it, I think I remember her. Tbh the books are not very good and kinda forgetable. Love the show so much more.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I have no idea what a cello, a squirrel or a daffodil have to do with this episode. I don't remember any of those things even being mentioned.

It's in Plover's word salad.

Edited by Prower
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I actually loved the books, though they were very different from the show. And a lot of this years storyline was Quentin’s in the books, so the show runners saying they had “run out” of story for Q was preposterous. They had enough of his story that they were able to spread it around to multiple characters! 

The Dark Lord reveal and his and Elliott’s relationship has been such a bore. But Margo and Josh are still pretty cute. I liked her caring enough about him to give him her eye,  even as she’s cursing about him. 

• Love 4

so nice tie up to the Brakebills' peeping ghost story. and young Dean Fogg was a hoot.

I got lost on the Alice/Kady story, seems like they really skip story parts to fit it all in.

and back to the Chatwins again.  I guess that's why Plum will be a part of that resolution, I presume.  again, the exposition goes so fast, its easy to lose info.

The Dark King is a Chatwin. One thing I called right. However, I have not bought his and Eliot's thing and I'm pretty pissed that he hacked Eliot's body. Which dude does not need people/monsters to keep doing to him. Eliot may bond fast but I don't. You can totally do better, honey! Like Hulia said, everyone is attracted to you!

So they're going to make a new moon. Ooookay. Not where I thought the page thing was gonna go. Don't like it.

• Love 1
On 3/6/2020 at 9:42 PM, festivus said:

The Dark King is a Chatwin. One thing I called right. However, I have not bought his and Eliot's thing and I'm pretty pissed that he hacked Eliot's body. Which dude does not need people/monsters to keep doing to him. Eliot may bond fast but I don't. You can totally do better, honey! Like Hulia said, everyone is attracted to you!

So they're going to make a new moon. Ooookay. Not where I thought the page thing was gonna go. Don't like it.

Yes! I have started and stopped this a couple of times. I am so pissed at the decision to have Eliot's body hijacked again and then to have some serious consent issues as the person possessing him kisses Chatwin. What the fuck? I suppose Julia was the right one to help him deal with that, seeing as how she is the resident expert on having her consent discarded. This show needed to treat that as a major violation.

Props to HA for once again playing someone else, but I am not a fan of the writers for this. 

I like Plum. Wasn't a fan of bringing back another character who doesn't understand consent. Sigh. But I did like that she wanted to find a fix that didn't involve killing him.

Glad to see Kady still exists. That finger cutting scene was all sorts of horrifying. 

Margo continues to carry so much of this show for me. The way she was like: nope. There comes a time where you decide whether or not to participate in this fuckery. (Don't remember the actual line). I also loved Fen's enthusiasm.

• Love 2
On 3/5/2020 at 2:47 PM, Prower said:

The show has been cancelled? Well that's a bummer. I still love all the Margot and Elliot stuff and had hopes that maybe they could get back Quenting. Guess that's it then... hopefully we'll get one more musical episode? Fingers crossed.

As for the musical episode:

Spoiler

Episode 12 will be the musical episode. Sera Gamble confirmed it on Twitter. Her tweet is posted in the Media thread.

That was... an episode that happened. 

I do like the show going back full circle to the Chatwins. It's where the show started and it grounds the narrative a bit.

The Alice/Kady thing with the page and the Couple lost me completely this episode. Not sure what that was all about.

On 3/4/2020 at 11:19 PM, Poltargyst said:

And the show's been cancelled I see.  😫

I thought Sera announced at the end of the last season that this would be the last.  i'm not seeing how this is a surprise to anyone.

I will admit that its taken me a while to get into this season. It's not that I was particularly attached to Quentin but I was never as attached to Margo and Eliot as the rest of the posters on this forum.  I've gotten to like Margo more this season and I've always liked Alice and Julia.  I actually like this version of Penny much more than the original grade Penny who was a class A jerk.

Edited by Linderhill
  • Love 1