Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

Big-Brother-2014-Dog-580x367.jpg

The cute puppy dog has a little note that says “Hi Housguests, my name is Izzy. Your friends on the Live Feed thought you might like an extra buddy in the house. So they sent me to play with you today. You’ll find my dish, treats, and toys in the storage room. Please keep my dish full of water. And let’s have fun.”

Thanks to: http://bigbrotheraccess.com/

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 3

Little Izzy is obviously a huge cuddle monster and snuggles all over Derrick, Frankie, and Cody right off the bat. Victoria has said she doesn’t like dogs, but she seems okay with it, although she doesn’t interact with it that much at first.

The Houseguests take Izzy out into the backyard to run around, but he just runs right back into the house and jumps all over Frankie again.

http://bigbrotheraccess.com/big-brother-16-dog-3516113/

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 1
I think at this point everyone is going to start talking about everyone. I don't think Cody or Victoria are going to turn on him quite yet. I think Cody is quite Loyal to Derrick and will stay that way. I think he was just faking annoyance cuz Frankie was there.

At this point they have to talk about each other; if they're talking about ongoing gameplay, who else is left? Any time HG A and HG B talk game these days, HG C and/or HG D* are gonna catch the business end of a Greyhound bus.

* There's also HG V, of course - but I think she still gets forgotten frequently. At least, until a three-foot extension hair pops up in the BR shower. Or sink. Or the FOTD**.

** FOTD = Fish Of The Day.

Oh yes, I saw that.  Frankie's wheels were turning.  That alone gave me reason to think the tides may be turning against Derrick.  Time will tell. 

Frankie might annoy the crap out of me...but I also think that nothing gets past him....Derrick just came across so easy breezy "Victoria knows she is going" "everyone is going to think I am an a$$hole"....and all the while I was watching Frankies face and thinking...Derrick..he is on to you...take it down a notch...it just seemed like Derrick was over the top in his "strategy"

• Love 2

Of course, Frankie assumes they got the dog because the feedsters love them - LOL

The note on Izzy's neck said we wanted to give them a dog.  No we didn't! 

One more reason for Frankie to be shocked at the boos when it leaves.  Well, if he leaves before F2.  

Frankie might annoy the crap out of me...but I also think that nothing gets past him....Derrick just came across so easy breezy "Victoria knows she is going" "everyone is going to think I am an a$$hole"....and all the while I was watching Frankies face and thinking...Derrick..he is on to you...take it down a notch...it just seemed like Derrick was over the top in his "strategy"

My thoughts, too. "Take it down a notch"  exactly.  And Derrick did not pick up on the vibe in the BY at all.  Big mistake.  If he tries to go through with the Victoria "fignt" he is probably out next.   I don't think they will though.  

I am interested for the first time in weeks, now.  

I have shifted from wanting Derrick to win to not caring.  Well, not Frankie.  

• Love 1

My thoughts, too. "Take it down a notch"  exactly.  And Derrick did not pick up on the vibe in the BY at all.  Big mistake.  If he tries to go through with the Victoria "fignt" he is probably out next.   I don't think they will though.  

I am interested for the first time in weeks, now.  

I have shifted from wanting Derrick to win to not caring.  Well, not Frankie.  

My thought was Derrick...your game is starting to unravel...you are trying too hard to convince the guys that you have it all in check. Frankie knows....it was just obvious from his face that he knew....I was just waiting for a good eye roll lol...I said yesterday that even though I am not a Victoria fan...either she is playing the worst game or the best game..she is just so far under the radar and no one sees her as a threat...I do think the guys will vote or backdoor the guys before her thinking that she is no competition. Of course I could be wrong but really? she is just sitting pretty lol

• Love 1

At this point they have to talk about each other; if they're talking about ongoing gameplay, who else is left? Any time HG A and HG B talk game these days, HG C and/or HG D* are gonna catch the business end of a Greyhound bus.

* There's also HG V, of course - but I think she still gets forgotten frequently. At least, until a three-foot extension hair pops up in the BR shower. Or sink. Or the FOTD**.

** FOTD = Fish Of The Day.

Yes, good point.  This is the first time Derrick has been a focus for anyone.  I can see the light dawning that he, a family man and nice guy, just may be the tough one to beat.  Since he hasn't been on anyone's radar until now they may feel quite heady at the idea of a new target.  All speculation, of course.  I can see it, especially if Derrick continues to toss in "the jury hates me" and other transparent ploys to get to F2.  

• Love 1

As I was watching BBAD and listening to Derrick talk about his "strategy" against Victoria with the other guys...when he said the audience would think he was an a$$hole...did anyone notice Frankie's face? I couldn't tell if he knew Derrick was bs'ing or not....

Oh yes, I saw that.  Frankie's wheels were turning.  That alone gave me reason to think the tides may be turning against Derrick.  Time will tell.

Same here. One look at Frankie's face and you could tell he had some hardcore filtering going on.

Lately, Frankie's intensity levels seem to be increasing exponentially every day.

I can't wait to see how he reacts to the Rewind Reveal.

Shattering like glass could be a real possibility.

The day of the countdown's conclusion should be a dead giveaway, though.

After all - Wednesday's child is full of woe.... ;)

• Love 3

My thought was Derrick...your game is starting to unravel...you are trying too hard to convince the guys that you have it all in check. Frankie knows....it was just obvious from his face that he knew....I was just waiting for a good eye roll lol...I said yesterday that even though I am not a Victoria fan...either she is playing the worst game or the best game..she is just so far under the radar and no one sees her as a threat...I do think the guys will vote or backdoor the guys before her thinking that she is no competition. Of course I could be wrong but really? she is just sitting pretty lol

Good camera work, Skippy.   I agree but not about Victoria playing a good game.  She is still there by not playing and through no design of her own. 

And here we are again right smack dab in the middle of Grateful's post, days ago now.  We are getting excited at the possibility of some action only to be dashed yet again.  I am going to roll with it though!  

• Love 1

Caleb makes me wonder.  He's definitely an Alpha Bro; the guys defer to him in subtle ways. As far as his game goes, Amber is but a distant memory.  I haven't heard her mentioned in weeks!  And some have the idea that he's been running things. He might just have a chance to beat Derrick on "Bro" charisma alone. That?  Would be hysterical!

Believe it or not, he's still talking about her.  By now, it's little throwaway comments, like how she might kiss him when she sees him, making her a bouquet (which he may just give to Julie, instead) and offering to take her on a cruise after this whole thing is over.  He's certainly toned it down, but it'll come roaring back on finale night, I'm sure.

• Love 4

Same here. One look at Frankie's face and you could tell he had some hardcore filtering going on.

Lately, Frankie's intensity levels seem to be increasing exponentially every day.

I can't wait to see how he reacts to the Rewind Reveal.

Shattering like glass could be a real possibility.

The day of the countdown's conclusion should be a dead giveaway, though.

After all - Wednesday's child is full of woe.... ;)

He was talking to the camera in the HOH one night and was excited about the rewind because it would mean he had a shot at getting HOH again.  So I think we will see him jumping up and down with genuine glee.  

• Love 1

He was talking to the camera in the HOH one night and was excited about the rewind because it would mean he had a shot at getting HOH again.  So I think we will see him jumping up and down with genuine glee.

I don't really care whether he explodes from rage, or joy, or frustration.

I just want him to go all explodey.

• Love 6
Yea, I haven't heard Victoria say a word.  Cody teared up when he first saw the dog.​

Cody sure did tear up!  And, as predicted, Frankie didn't let the dog go for the first 10 minutes.  But, as much as I despise Frankie, I have to admit that he does seem to genuinely like the dog.  Caleb asked the dog if she wanted to go catch hogs.  They all seem to be having fun with her, and I'm sure it's a nice treat for them.  And it does make the feeds a little more interesting.  Who doesn't love a dog???

• Love 4

I don't really care whether he explodes from rage, or joy, or frustration.

I just want him to go all explodey.

Ha ha ha ha!  I want the explodey to happen with Julie during his exit interview.  

• Love 5

I would, too. As a rule, I like dogs better than people.

Animals can bring me to tears of joy faster than anything else.  I tear up watching youtube videos of the precious things they do. 

• Love 5

Caleb knew it wasn't a comp because of what day it was. Earlier he thought it was Channing Tatum, now he mentioned Marky Mark coming by just to say Hi, I was in the neighborhood.

Caleb talks to us, thanks us... Izzy gives them a little something to look forward to.

Izzy is some sort of terrier. Man, I would also be so freakin' excited if I were in that house. It already makes me happy when I encounter them, especially when I'm hiking because you can tell they are just having teh bestest time EVER! Someday when I have more room and a yard...

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 3

Izzy is some sort of terrier. Man, I would also be so freakin' excited if I were in that house. It already makes me happy when I encounter them, especially when I'm hiking because you can tell they are just having teh best time EVER! Someday when I have more room and a yard...

Yes!  Terriers are the best!  

Vic & Derr alone in kitchen. V "did they ask you anything about it?" D "yep... you'll see. I'm sure they'll talk to you" NT

Can someone with the feeds say more about this please?  Are they going though with Victoria dissing Derrick?!!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

words707, nothing further than that quick conversation.  Frankie, momentarily left the kitchen to get bacon from the storage room and retrieve the activity trackers.

Thanks for the link to Izzy's page.  The HGs were wondering if it was a movie dog because it was obviously trained -- begging on hindlegs for treats, snapping treats out of the air, etc.

Edited by duskyliterati

Izzy has more credits than Frankie.   They have a real mogul in their midst!  

Is the plan to vote Vicky out for real?  The new HOH will nominate her,of course so the option is always there.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 20

Are you sure that's the same dog from the website? It has more black on it's face.

I got the link from another site.  I see, it doesn't look like the same dog because of the coloring around her nose.  Same name, same breed mix, same scraggly hair, same weight and size, that is all very close.  We will find out at some point.  

Caleb's wild speculation about surprises in the house, from the golden button signaling a $25,000 prize, Channing Tatum and Mark Wahlberg dropping by the house because they were "in the neighborhood,"  to all of the recognition and admiration that awaits him, makes me wonder what he was like as a kid on Christmas Eve.  "I know, Santa's gonna bring me a sports car - no, a plane!  No wait, a spaceship and my own intergalactic mansion!"

It looks like the houseguests will definitely benefit, at least for today, from the "contact likeability" that comes from hanging out with an adorable animal.  They are all so much more bearable than they've been in a long time.  I can't even really hate on Frankie's theatrics today, cause it's the reaction I'm sure I'd have at seeing an animal for the first time in 3 months.

• Love 4

From Fort:

NOTE: At some point, as she talks to Caleb or whoever, she is to make note that Derrick is not getting her vote now because loyalty means everything to her. She's also to say that in her nom speech tomorrow. As well, she is to tell them that the joke is on Derrick because Nicole said she won't vote for him, along with Hayden, Donny and Jacosta because they all dislike Derrick and they've talked about it in Jury so Victoria knows via Nicole that it ain't happening.

==================================

This will blow up in Derricks face.  It will never ring true to them.  

• Love 4

Even if somehow Victoria sounds convincing - Frankie has said many times he is under no illusion that any of those people are voting for him. Not one person who has left that house has told Frankie they'd vote for him and he knows they hate him - even Zach wouldn't commit to voting for him. This plan only works with Caleb and Cody. Regardless, I don't care if Frankie picks Derrick for F2 (if he got that far), because I think Frankie would actually have a shot if it got to that point. While Nicole has been in the house being brainwashed - Hayden, Zach and Donny had time to talk in jury and I'm certain they all compared notes. With Nicole and Christine back to jury Derrick may not be as secure as he thinks. Christine has so much dirt on the "bombanators", now that her Cody blinders are off she has to have put stuff together too.

• Love 2
Derrick using the "family" card to win the game. (Those weren't Frankie's exact words.) Derrick seemed very angry. Frankie comments struck a nerve. For me, THAT was the real Derrick.

Bingo. Taking a game move as a personal affront. That's not Kim Spradlin from Survivor (who was all business in her game). That's not Dan or Dr. Will or even Maggie (I will say Maggie seemed to be a true believer of the legend she created in her own mind) or anybody in The Brigade. It's a legitimate game concern. If his response to someone bringing up the fact that he has a family is to get indignant, that's reacting in a personal way to a game concern.

It's not to say that Derrick still isn't playing "the best game" (although I do think Frankie gives him a run for his money, as he's cultivated many of the same friendships and alliances), but as others have said, it makes me just want to see Derrick challenged. To see him forced to make a game move. If his secret plan to fight game adversity rests on the shoulders of the great actress Victoria, maybe he needs to sign up for one of those seminars Dan is always hawking on Twitter.

• Love 4

Caleb spoke about going on Survivor so Cody dared him to eat dog treats. Caleb said he would, easily. Cody "don't say that if you are not going to do it."

So Caleb eats two treats. They're ok at first but then are disgusting after a minute...
Cody is trying to pick Izzy up but she keeps wanting tummy rubs (ed: aww)
Now they're taking pics of Izzy pushing the button.

• Love 3

This all goes along with my general point regarding Derrick in that while I agree that he has played by far the best game this season, he has not played a particularly great game. I don't know if I'd even put him on Hayden's level. Certainly not on Maggie's level and I don't think Maggie is on the level of my all-time triumvirate (Jun, Will and Dan) He often does stuff that logically SHOULD backfire on him but hasn't for whatever reason (mostly because these houseguests are particularly stupid). And yes, I also agree with the idea that Frankie is coming on strong for playing the best overall game in the house. Derrick will likely still win, but I just don't think he's showed any outstanding talent - he just is less dumb than a group of particularly dumb contestants. 

EDITED TO ADD: By the way, I understand that "these houseguests are so dumb" is something we say EVERY year, as obviously they tend to mostly cast dummies on this show, but that casting tendency got a lot worse when Grodner took over and has only gotten worse and worse every year, so I think I legitimately can claim that this particular group of houseguests are dumber than the BB norm. My brother is a Derrick fan and he's pulling for him big time, but even he has eventually come to admit "Yeah, these houseguests are going out of their way to help him to the detriment of their own game for no apparent reason." 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 8

Whoever said that Izzy upped their likability factor is totally right. I wonder if there was not only the "wow, the feeds are boring, let's do something to shake up the house" motivation, but also the realization that the viewers aren't really loving anyone this season. Watching humans interact with and find joy and comfort in an animal is absolutely endearing and humanizing. So if that was their plan, it kind of worked.

• Love 6

Whoever said that Izzy upped their likability factor is totally right. I wonder if there was not only the "wow, the feeds are boring, let's do something to shake up the house" motivation, but also the realization that the viewers aren't really loving anyone this season. Watching humans interact with and find joy and comfort in an animal is absolutely endearing and humanizing. So if that was their plan, it kind of worked.

I'm wondering if they did this after seeing Frankie snuggle up to Jordan's dog on Sunday.  This way it makes him likeable again.

• Love 1

I agree that Derrick only seems to be a mastermind because most of these house guests are sheep. The ones who showed the most resistance to Derrick were sent to jury. The thing with Derrick is he accuses people of being paranoid when he himself is extremely so. He overplays his hand and these people refuse to see it even when it's spelled out to them. Even Frankie became susceptible to it but I think mainly because Frankie was distracted by Team America then both their grandfather's dying a week apart. Derrick has used Frankie's grandfather's death to manipulate him - I remember him doing this in the beehive one day and thought it was so low of him. Also, sending Zach home has had the opposite effect of what I think Derrick wanted - it freed Frankie's mind from distractions and he's had nothing but time to think since then.

The only reason Frankie might go home now is because Derrick got lucky with this rewind stunt. Even though they all pushed the button too fast there was no doubt in my mind that it was going to get pushed anyway.

• Love 1

Yea, I haven't heard Victoria say a word.  Cody teared up when he first saw the dog.

Why am I not surprised that Cody teared up? I have no problem with men being emotional, but calm down there Cody, it's not like your Dad walked through that door. LOL

• Love 2

Watching a bunch of men cooing over a dog and baby-talking to it just warms my heart. Men with babies do nothing for me but I love a guy who's not afraid to be mushy about his furry companion. Izzy has definitely given certain people a little likability and increased others'. Well, until she leaves, that is.

• Love 3

Ayyyyy, he's Italian-American, they be like emotional and stuff, so like, lighten up, already!

I'm not up for criticizing one of the things about Cody that I like. His visceral, almost painful emotional response to his dad's video was touching.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 5

TimWil, I just thought it was funny because out of all of them, I figured it'd be Cody getting emotional about the dog. No ill will towards him at all.....well at least not for this that is.

Edited by Arya
  • Love 1