Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: He kohu puahiohio i ka hoʻolele i ka lepo i luna (Like a Whirlwind, Whirling the Dust Upwards)

• Start Topic

Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight.

You go Junior & Tani.

What's the odds the masked men in black SUVs will snatch Adam, the guy Steve "trusts" so much?

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

Adam has some skills - to put a camera in the right place, in the right tree, in an entire  rainforest and catch a murder (or was that two? wasn't absolutely clear to me whether he had also managed to put a second camera for an alternate angle, y'know for arts sake)...just wow! 

I'm so happy for the Tani/Junior thing although I really wanted a slight reshuffle of the rear POV fireworks shot to show a certain other pinky cuddle going on too. *sigh* 

Was that....Wo Fat?

I thought he was most sincerely dead.  Could he have an evil twin?  Uh, evil-er twin?  Or maybe Mrs. Wo Fat made her boyfriend over into the image of her dearly departed husband?  Could there be a Wo Fat Junior?   Or maybe I wasn't watching closely, and it was just a quick glimpse of another Asian man who had posture and facial structure reminiscent of the dastardly dude, and my gasping brain instantly leapt to conclusions.

But wouldn't that be some awesome Steve!whump to have him come back from the dead and be all "You.  Killed.  Our.  Mother!!!!!" vengeful?  Then Mrs. Wo Fat could be all "Shut up about the sainted Doris Shelburne already!  Gawd, what a bitch of a Mother-in-Law.   She's dead and I still can't get away from her....  Cut the apron strings already, Fat-boy!"

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Was that....Wo Fat?

No. It was the new boss guy he's been trying to catch who he knows killed the former boss guy, aka, his girlfriend's father. The one who told him he could also put Adam "on a plane."

It looked like at the end there they were taking him to da plane., da plane.

18 hours ago, Roselle said:

Adam has some skills - to put a camera in the right place, in the right tree, in an entire  rainforest and catch a murder (or was that two? wasn't absolutely clear to me whether he had also managed to put a second camera for an alternate angle, y'know for arts sake)...just wow! 

Didn't you see the clearly marked YAKUZA KILL SPOT sign prominently displayed? 

And sitting outside, at your own apartment, where anyone could pick up your wifi, is really good thinking to look at your top seekrit kill video, Adam. And I'm sure that's the only copy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Well, I'm impressed that show ditched the cliche of love-making in the sand with a sunset in the background. Do it in the car and keep your privates clear of sand is much more sensible. I also loved the bit of awkwardness later on.

I normally like agent Langford but this was a lackluster appearance.

Adam's plot: I stopped paying attention but there was a moment in Steve's office when I thought IAD looked outright bored with his lines (maybe I'm projecting).

• Love 1

Producers have been shipping Tani and Junior since they came on really as I have too! But really need to make you know what not in the car but in their houses or someone could had gone or called the cops on them

Harry I love but did not give him really nothing to do

Really they are showing less of Steve!

8 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Producers have been shipping Tani and Junior since they came on really as I have too! But really need to make you know what not in the car but in their houses or someone could had gone or called the cops on them

McNulty on The Wire would just flash his badge, and he was just a detective without immunity.

I thought it was going to turn out that the actor was the perpetrator of the scam, and really pulled one over on superspy Harry.  Who would then become so despondent that he lost his superspy people-reading mojo that he quits MI5 and comes to work for H50.

A girl can dream....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I thought it was going to turn out that the actor was the perpetrator of the scam

Exactly my thought! I figured that when, a couple of minutes after the actor left, Tani said something like "Ready to watch the show?", I thought "the show" was going to be watching the police arresting the actor for being in on the scam.

1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

With the show now ending in April, I bet the odds of Adam dying just went WAY up. 

I wonder if Catherine will return for the finale. 

If she is, they don’t have her locked in yet or else they’re keeping it a surprise. The press release announcing the end of the series (which was also quoted, pretty much in full, in the Deadline article posted in the Media thread... I think) mentions James Marsters, William Sadler, & Mark Dacascos returning for the finale (& aren’t all their characters dead?), but that’s it. NO mention of Michelle Borth/Catherine. And I think there are only 2 more press releases left to publish. I recently heard they were only doing 22 eps this season, not the usual 25 they have been, & I’ve posted the press releases through & including ep 20. So there are apparently only 2 more to post, including for the finale.

• Useful 1

Hmmm...  If they've announced that casting, which implies all those dead characters are coming back for the finale, then maybe these last ten years will all be some sort of hallucination dream after McGarrett is injured on one of his SEAL missions.  Maybe the alternate reality he built in that episode where Wo Fat kidnapped and drugged, tortured, and played those mind games with him really is the real reality....  Or....maybe Wo Fat, Danny, or Victor Hesse are really Navy doctors and nurses in the long term care facility he's been staying in all this time.  Or....maybe all this is taking place in Grace's imagination as she plays with a souvenir snow globe of Hawaii in a boarding gate at Honolulu Airport while Danny and Rachel bicker over her head about their family Hawaiian vacation--like the ending to St. Elsewhere.

OMG.  Any of those possibilities have been foreshadowed in previous seasons!

I really, really hope my favorite ridiculous show goes out on an epic ridiculous note....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, HurricaneVal said:

Hmmm...  If they've announced that casting, which implies all those dead characters are coming back for the finale, then maybe these last ten years will all be some sort of hallucination dream after McGarrett is injured on one of his SEAL missions.  Maybe the alternate reality he built in that episode where Wo Fat kidnapped and drugged, tortured, and played those mind games with him really is the real reality....  Or....maybe Wo Fat, Danny, or Victor Hesse are really Navy doctors and nurses in the long term care facility he's been staying in all this time.  Or....maybe all this is taking place in Grace's imagination as she plays with a souvenir snow globe of Hawaii in a boarding gate at Honolulu Airport while Danny and Rachel bicker over her head about their family Hawaiian vacation--like the ending to St. Elsewhere.

OMG.  Any of those possibilities have been foreshadowed in previous seasons!

I really, really hope my favorite ridiculous show goes out on an epic ridiculous note....

Since the same producers passed the baton to Magnum they won't blow up the bridge on the way out. Unless a second cancellation story is coming soon.

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I had a tivo snafu and this was deleted. Did Tani and Juns do it? 

The episode opens with Junior returning from Naval reserve training and Tani couldn't wait  as she pulled of the road overlooking the Pacific Ocean 

17 minutes ago, Raja said:

The episode opens with Junior returning from Naval reserve training and Tani couldn't wait  as she pulled of the road overlooking the Pacific Ocean 

But didn’t Junior tell her where to go/stop? I thought he did.

Tani was driving, Junior told her to turn somewhere, and they ended up on a completely empty beach, and they got in the back seat.  So Junior initiated it, but Tani was definitely a willing participant.

• Love 2