Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: The Wade Beneath My Wings

• Start Topic

Forrest could keep his new job, while figuring out his passion/dream. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I'm with Michelle; you can splurge a little while still being smart. The expensive dinners and jewelry is not smart, to me. The hotel job will eventually end, and they have four kids to care for. Emergencies happen. 

• Love 8

This is a really sweet, often very witty show. 

I love how Forrest can’t catch.

I love Michelle and Ben’s family so much. Kai tossing Forrest’s wallet up the second time. 

“He can speak Spanish.”

”No, I can’t.”

”I can speak Spanish.”

”He can still write that though, right?”

”That his friend speaks Spanish?”

Delia and Forrest’s daughter was a sly hoot.

Poor Delia. All that sex. When he’s really hungry!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Forrest should get a job as a stylist. He has a natural talent for it.

He would be great as a stylist/interior decorator. If you pay attention, he and Delia have the most organized house. It makes sense because they have 1 kid and no pets, but still he seems organized.

Edited by Harvey
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Forrest could keep his new job, while figuring out his passion/dream. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

It can be tough to carve out the time though, especially if you're in a new job where you have to impress people.  I wonder just how bonkers the ideas Forrest pitched to his old boss were.  There's actually a lot of cool stuff happening in HR these days in firms that are committed to developing talent.

I do like the couples in this show.  The individuals all have their neuroses and quirks but they seem to mesh well as couples, and as friends.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Inquisitionist said:

I wonder just how bonkers the ideas Forrest pitched to his old boss were. 

I wondered about that, too. If he wasn't making totally insane proposals, it might be that the new job IS satisfying to him, if they let him implement his ideas. But it really depends on what he actually wanted to do.

There are probably more sitcom plots in "Forrest finding himself" than in "Forrest settles back into a boring HR job."

• Love 2

This has become one of the first shows I watch now. (I DVR everything). I think I can safely say I love it, lol.

I'm glad Michelle agreed to keep the necklace. Being practical is important, especially with four kids, but everyone deserves a little splurge once in a while. It is good that she is level-headed with money though, as it can be easy to go crazy and blow it all. I still laugh when I think about Ben saying he would take their daughter to Dillard's for clothes in a previous episode and Michelle was like "Dillard's? Oh, you're going to Dillard's? Are you going to have our driver bring you there?" 😄

Forrest is my favorite character, and his post-firing spiral was hilarious, poor guy. Glad he got another job right away - he needed the self-confidence boost, even though he decided not to take it. I expect his journey of self-discovery will be entertaining. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Harvey said:

Did anyone manage to figure out what Ben's business was? Something about theather and audio-visual engineering? Is it like installing sound systems?

Yes, A/V. Delia quoted his website, "the Triangle's number one name in audio-visual solutions." So, he's probably installing the cable and A/V lines in the rooms, the speakers for the lobby and elevators, possibly security lines for monitors and cameras. 

• Love 3
On 2/8/2020 at 3:16 PM, ShortyMac said:

Yes, A/V. Delia quoted his website, "the Triangle's number one name in audio-visual solutions." So, he's probably installing the cable and A/V lines in the rooms, the speakers for the lobby and elevators, possibly security lines for monitors and cameras. 

Plus any rooms at the hotel that are rented out for events (ballrooms, conference/meeting rooms, etc). A lot of hotels have screens in the lobby to announce any events so he would be installing those too.

• Love 2

Count me in on Forrest maybe becoming an interior designer or stylist or something related. He is really good at matching and picking things out and seems to really like it! 

What the hell did Forrest say? Is his boss just a huge dick, or was he, like, saying they should hire an army of penguins to serve as bellhops or something?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 2/8/2020 at 6:16 PM, ShortyMac said:

Most likely providing the equipment, too. Maybe even freelancers if they need people for gigs.

They would provide stuff in any business center in the hotel, and could also install TVs in the rooms.

Edited by bros402
  • Love 1