Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: A Hell of a Week: Part Two

• Start Topic

On 2/10/2020 at 10:03 AM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I agree. It started as just two kids in elementary school and developed into something more over decades. I also love that he always felt at home and encouraged when he was with her and her family, especially considering his father clearly favored his sister and his mother favored his brother.

One of the best marriages I've seen in my life was a couple that grew up together, dated, broke up briefly and then married after a few other boy/girlfriends. They said no one knew them like each other and the matured together instead of apart.

• Love 3
On 1/28/2020 at 11:10 PM, mansfolly said:

My very favorite part of the entire episode was when Kevin went back to Claire's grave to retrieve the photo! Nice bit of humor in this nostalgic episode. 

I was thought it was weird you did that too Kevin! lol

Yes, child actor Kevin is adorns! I too think there is wiggle room with Kevin and Sophie. I was really shipping them tonight. And nice of Rebecca to not even watch the "Days" episode...not.

this 1000 times. I was watching and thought to myself "that is weird" and was so happy to realize Kevin agreed! Loved it. Great little moment.

• Love 2
On 1/29/2020 at 3:26 AM, Ana88 said:

It was heartbreaking to see how Rebecca reacted to his new career. But on the other hand it's also refreshing seeing good people on TV not always doing the right things. People can't be perfect and as some of you have pointed out there can be reasonable explanations as to why she didn't catch it and/or maybe thought it wasn't a big deal to Kevin. It was so very heartwarming to see Sophie's mom treat him like an only child and throw all that love on him - in that moment you just see how foreign that is to him and how much he actually needed that. We all need to remember we can all be that person for someone we know in our life. Everything counts. 

I like this part too. The characters are good but not perfect. I also read Rebecca's reaction as she thought he was cut from the episode entirely and misunderstood that he would still be slightly in the episode. 

• Love 2
On 1/30/2020 at 12:07 AM, chocolatine said:

Randall's original plan was to defer Howard for a year to stay close to Rebecca, and going to  college in Pittsburgh was the only way he agreed to go to college at all. Of course, Rebecca could have fought harder and insisted he go to Howard that year, but she wasn't the one who had taken him on the tour - it was Jack - so she never really understood what it would have meant to him to go to a historically black college. Randall ended up going to CMU, which is one of the highest-rated schools in the country, so she probably didn't think he would be missing out on anything.

agreed--also Randall was grieving. At a certain point, a mom has to wonder if demanding he go to Howard would be the wrong call for RANDALL if Randall is insisting that he not go.

I think Rebecca has definite flaws and did overlook Kevin's needs, but I don't agree with blaming everything on her. She's a pretty average person in the flaws department. 

• Love 2

Excellent episode. LOVED the Kevin/Sophie connection and the Good Will Hunting game.

Best moment: Kevin going back for the photo.  So relatable.

Rebecca doesn't think Kevin needs her.  She's wrong but this is how she acts.  It's "The Pool" all over again.  And she's completely BLIND to it.  And Sophie's Mom was an excellent foil for Rebecca's character.  It seemed like she SAW Kevin.  More than Rebecca did.  And it was wonderful he had that.  Really glad he went to the funeral. 

Kevin continues to grow so much. But he still does the 3 steps forward, 1 step back.  I've been expecting him to sleep with Madison since S1.  I don't think it's love.  Like, at all.  But she could end up the Baby Mama/fiancee.  I hope not. I'm glad they had her say she was 33.  I was worried about her age.

• Love 3