Type keyword(s) to search

Eyes of the Ranger: Walker in the Media

AimingforYoko
  • Start Topic

Here I was just waiting for just a pilot order announcement this January, but CW had to go big and give this straight to series order. Awesome. Good for Jared P, he sounds very passionate about this role and project. 

I think an action/western themed show will be good for CW, something new and different from their usual offerings. Something that stands out. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Brought over from the Supernatural Media thread.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:58 PM, Casseiopeia said:

So Jared's manager (or maybe former manager) has been removed from Walker. Smart move!

On 2/6/2020 at 11:20 AM, Icarus said:

http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2019/09/next-supernaturals-jared-padalecki-to-star-in-produce-walker-texas-ranger-reboot.html?fbclid=IwAR0N68WxbfMwkPwHs6urJTwVwcqKBJNfqVgKx5dIo_PFt6H84Gge84SzqBU

According to this filming is starting on Walker in Austin in April, not sure how that effects Jared's other commitments but it must mean he misses some stuff.

• Useful 1

Jared looks great and while I miss the Sam Winchester hair, the shorter cut really suits him. It's such a burden for him to be so incredibly handsome. 🤩

I'm looking forward to the show. They've assembled a good cast and I like how they've built the premise so that it's not going to be a direct recycle of the Chuck Norris show (which I didn't particularly like). It should be a lot of fun.

• Love 1

Adrianna Mitchell Joins ‘Snowfall’, ‘Walker’ Casts Gabriela Flores

Gabriela Flores (The Last Ship) is set for a recurring role opposite Keegan Allen and Jared Padalecki in the CW’s Walker, a reimagining of CBS’ long-running 1990s action/crime series Walker, Texas Ranger, from Rideback and CBS Studios. Like the original series, created by Albert S. Ruddy & Leslie Greif, the reboot, in which Walker is getting a female partner, will explore morality, family and rediscovering our lost common ground. Flores will play Isabel, Stella’s best friend, and Aura and Leonardo’s only child. She and Stella have a strong bond – and they’ve recently gotten into some trouble with the law. Flores’ previous TV credits include The Last Ship, the pilot for Netflix’s Atypical and Angie Tribeca. On the film side, Flores played Marilu the Fiddle Player in Quentin’s Tarantino’s Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, and most recently appeared in The Tax Collector. She’ll next be seen in upcoming features The Nowhere Inn and Four Good Days. She’s repped by Concrete Entertainment and AEFH.

• Useful 1

Ice baths are HARD CORE. Those are his legs inside that tub (it took me a while to see it).  He's obviously done it alot because his face is not showing the agony it is.   

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I don't know if there is any interest in ratings but here are the Nielsen ratings for last night.  Really nice for a CW show!

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Fast-Demo-2021-Jan-21-THU.png

...and Walker trended for over 20 hours last night.

This brings me joy.  TV is a fickle industry.  At least he's got a good start.  Let's hope he keeps up momentum.  It's an excellent time to start a series.  Mid-pandemic, winter, no Olympics, etc... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

332248060_2021-Feb-19-THU-Fast-Demo1.png.037673e703ba64cfe9e9d825180f3878.png

Steady at a .2 but lost viewers.

If I am interpreting the chart correctly the show is doing best among those most likely to have watched Chuck Norris despite the switch after the bait of "Walker" Texas Ranger

There were a lot of folks in Texas without power Thursday night and possibly in other places hit by that ice storm that came through.  That could have something to do with at least some if the loss if viewers.

13 hours ago, Raja said:

If I am interpreting the chart correctly the show is doing best among those most likely to have watched Chuck Norris despite the switch after the bait of "Walker" Texas Ranger

Looks like. Although the 25-54 demo was always the strongest for Supernatural as well.