Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Damn

• Start Topic

I thought this was a great episode. I laughed hard at all the comments about the ghost girl and cried at the end with Nomi. I was glad that Aaron doesn’t have some rando child out there (or at least that this particular child isn’t his).

• Love 3

I wonder if Nomi will end up giving up the baby for adoption. She really does not seem like she's in a good place with this, and having a baby in response to a breakup is unwise. (I guess they're not going to address the sexual misconduct they alluded to in the finale. Or rather, I guess they just skipped right over it since the prof doesn't work there anymore.) If nothing else, she needs to make some plans. Is she going to finish school? Like, just coasting along and picking up hand me down baby clothes is not going to be enough. Does she have a job?

Also, call me selfish, but if I'm one of the roommates, I would not want to live with a newborn while I'm trying to finish school and yes, party.

I always like when Zoe gets called on her shit. She IS judgmental and she's not a great friend. And I have to say, when Ana said "We love you," I thought "Why?"

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I always like when Zoe gets called on her shit. She IS judgmental and she's not a great friend. And I have to say, when Ana said "We love you," I thought "Why?"

Zoe was insufferable for most of the episode. She managed to make Nomi’s pregnancy about herself! 

I like the route the show appears to be taking with Nomi being freaked out and unprepared for this pregnancy and impending motherhood. Too often shows and movies romanticize and glamorize unintended pregnancies - everything is all sunshine and rainbows and just works out with no problems, obstacles, struggles, etc. Or ‘I got this, I can do this by myself’ girl power stuff - which I understand and support. But considering the circumstances of Nomi’s pregnancy her ‘I have no idea what the hell I’m doing’ reaction was much more realistic. And frankly speaking makes the story line more interesting. When I first heard someone would be pregnant I was dreading what was to come. 

On ER, Dr. Chen gave her baby up for adoption; I wonder if this show will have Nomi do the same thing.

Where is Luka living? It looked pretty eclectic and cool.

Edited by woodstock
  • Love 3

Zoe is still the worst person on this show.  The narcissism and entitlement is nauseating.  I called it with Nomi.  I wonder if the show will bring the father into the picture?  Zoe stuff withstanding, a good episode.  One thing the show should do is give the other characters more to do.

Bringing a baby into the world is a big deal, but as a storyline I'm not really interested in Nomi's pregnancy because it felt like it was dropped in just to be a bombshell accompanied by months of drama.

Luca continues to be The Worst, even when he's barely in an episode AND even when he's correctly pointing out what a drama queen Zoey is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, possibilities said:

I think Luca is the worst person on the show.

Part of me wonders if Luca is the father of Nomi's baby. It would explain why she doesn't want to tell anyone else who the father is, and also why she told Luca.

Oh God no to all that. I don't need Zoe to be the biggest drama queen of all time.

And Luca did make me laugh when Zoe said she isn't one to gossip and he said cool, if that's your truth.

• Love 4

Just to  be clear: I'm not saying I want Luca to be the father. I'm just saying that, given the sort of show this is, I wouldn't put it past them to write it that he is.

11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Luca continues to be The Worst, even when he's barely in an episode AND even when he's correctly pointing out what a drama queen Zoey is.

LOL. This sums it up perfectly.

2 hours ago, possibilities said:

Just to  be clear: I'm not saying I want Luca to be the father. I'm just saying that, given the sort of show this is, I wouldn't put it past them to write it that he is.

LOL. This sums it up perfectly.

I know. I just don't even want that put out there in the universe.

• Love 1

The big shock, even more so than Nomi being pregnant, is that Luca has a conversation with someone that apparently wasnt just pouty and pretensions!

I am still unsure about this whole pregnancy story, but I do like how its playing out. I think there are definitely people that try to get pregnant because they want a person to love or to love them back or for the baby to fix some problem in their life, and soon realize what a huge responsibility this really is. Maybe she ends up giving the baby up for adoption?

The twins being convinced that the sleazy teacher Nomi was dating was on drugs was hilarious, as was the running joke with the little ghost girl haunting their new place. And that montague of Zoe being judgmental was on point. 

Oh Aaron.

• Love 1

Sky has lowkey become one of me stealthy favorites.  Her description of Paige as 'The old lady teacher who looks like she was tweaking on Meth."  LOL.  I howled.

Why do they have Zoey dressing like a 40 year old socialite lady who lunches?  I loved her wardrobe first season.  It was cute and age appropriate and edgy.  My past college age self was mad envious of her.  Last season over the season as they got her into the whole stylist thing, her clothes became more and more aging.  Less fierce college student and more modern day Sex In the City.  Not feeling it.

And how many times has someone had to take Zoey aside and tell her "this isn't about you." Man, I think she is probably one of the most self absorbed persons on tv. 

Nomi's face looks fuller, so she looks realistically pregnant.