Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Welcome to Hilltop!

“Welcome to Hilltop!” – Struggling with unexpected news from Ron’s new wife, Sharon, Poppy uses an adventure with Angie to help distract herself from facing her emotions. Meanwhile, Sophie takes on Hilltop, protesting leaving Pete the parrot at school over the three-day weekend, causing Will and Douglas to clash over their stances on activism on an all-new episode of “Single Parents,” WEDNESDAY, JAN. 15 (9:31-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.

1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Wow. I was not expecting the Miggy thing *at all*.

I liked it. The actor is fluid with his sexuality IRL, so this rang true to me.

I loved this episode and laughed out loud a lot. The visual of the parrot through the kitchen window was hysterical.

• Love 8

Ok, I love the Miggy development.  A really cool way to showcase both bisexuality and a committed poly-amorous relationship.  Of course, Homily Pronstoller is down with the throuple!

Angie is such a mess and I love her.  Her car and her glove-compartment beef jerky.  Just.. so Angie.  Man, Leighton Meister is so good as Angie in this that she completely makes me forget she was ever Blair Waldorf. 

I liked how they show Poppy struggling a little with the idea of her ex and his new wife having a baby.  And It seemed like there was some extra little something because it was a girl.  Nothing was overtly said, but it felt like they were hinting that Poppy herself would have liked a little girl.

Finally, Will's digression into Felicity-land was everything.  LOL.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, DearEvette said:

A really cool way to showcase both bisexuality and a committed poly-amorous relationship. 

Totally. Plus, I love how Angie and Poppy were a little thrown about it, since they consider themselves so worldly and knowledgeable.  I knew there had to be a twist because Miggy's so sweet; how could anyone cheat on him?

Aww, I love little activist!Sophie. Douglas and Will plots are always great. "It's not a suit if it isn't black. It's a costume."

10 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Angie is such a mess and I love her. 

Angie is my spirit animal. The casual stealing from the coffee place! Hitting on Miggy and Pronstroler's new boyfriend! Car jerky! Her little spyglass from Dave & Busters, and her little whine when Poppy tries to take it from her. "Nooooo, I earned it." She's so messy and yet is such a great friend to Poppy. 

This show just keeps getting better.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, auchic said:

Douglas and Will plots are always great. "It's not a suit if it isn't black. It's a costume."

I liked the line but was bothered that - to my eye - he was not wearing a black suit when he said it. It was some sorta pinstripish plaidish dark grey thing. It was nice, but an odd juxtaposition.

I love love love how they out of the blue, nonchalantly told us that Miggy dates both guys and girls.  I recommend you all go watch Jake Choi’s HRC speech where he talks about growing up knowing he was different. 

Edited to add: Angie is spot on. Miggy and Pronstroller scored a hottie! 

Edited by willgracefan
  • Love 4

I did not see the thing with Miggy coming at all, its awesome! I love how casually we found out that Miggy is not only into both men and women, but also in a Thruple, and it all seems to be going great! I love this show so much! 

I liked the whole plot with Poppy realizing she had feelings about her ex having a baby, and not being sure what to do with it. Plus Angie and Poppy on a mission together was hysterical. "This is for all of the stuff my friend stole." 

Douglas and the twins are definitely the people you call when you want to hide the evidence.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think Poppy was having a moment of realizing she *wasn't* going to more children. And in the abstract at least she might have always been thinking *someday*. Do you really think Douglas is going to start again? I don't. 

• Love 2

I like the show, thought the twist at the end was unexpected and good. I was however bothered by the bird story line. We are a bird family. I know most people like dogs and cats but there are plenty of us bird lovers. We have a bird that bonded to me (after its mate died) and that bird watches Tv with me, he loves big brother and asks for Taran podcast every morning! So my daughter was upset seeing the bird in such a small cage ( we hoped the bird was not real) and she did not want to watch the episode and Im glad she did not. The bird just dying and no one really caring hurt as a bird lover. I know it is just a show but these larger birds have such personalities , talk so well and are like family members. 

• Love 4

Wow, I've never actually seen a throuple on TV before! I'm super jealous - Miggy has incredible game! It definitely made me want to seriously investigate polyamory dating apps irl haha.

Not to nitpick fantastic representation, but I'm not sure why writers are so allergic to the terms bisexuality and pansexuality in 2020 - it's always "I don't like labels," although I'll give it a pass if the actor specifically requested that to honor his real sexuality.

I also got a kick out of Angie's apparent eagerness to kiss Poppy.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:16 PM, anna0852 said:

I think Poppy was having a moment of realizing she *wasn't* going to more children. And in the abstract at least she might have always been thinking *someday*. Do you really think Douglas is going to start again? I don't. 

I think that's a common thing when you're coparenting with a blended family. My best friend had a baby at 18 - her daughter is 10 and both parents are married to other people. The father has a toddler as well now. My friend wants to have a baby with her husband, and even though she was obviously super young the first time around, she struggles with the idea of having a huge gap between them and starting all over when her daughter is 12+. But the alternative is being an empty nester at 36 and not having the experience of raising kids with your friends (no one else in our group has had kids yet), so it's a lot to think about. 

Well, Douglas already has 8 year old (?) twins at his age, so it wouldn't be too outrageous to ask. It's not like all his kids are over 21 and a lot of men dating much younger women happily start over with kids at 55+, much to the chagrin of their adult kids.

• Love 2
On 1/16/2020 at 10:38 AM, DearEvette said:

Ok, I love the Miggy development.  A really cool way to showcase both bisexuality and a committed poly-amorous relationship. 

My only peeve is how Miggy seems to have SO much time to hang out with his partners...like, where is Jack??

On a side note: do schools today really have "class pets"? This is the kind of thing I always see on TV and in movies (probably because it allows for various storylines) but never IRL.

• Love 1

We had hamsters when I was in 5th grade. And it had to go home with someone every weekend and break. I'm with Sophie. Unless someone was coming to the school every day to care for the bird, leaving him there was cruel.

• Love 1