Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: What a Dump

Grace and her neighbor give their romance another shot. However, an embarrassing incident puts Grace's relationship, and her dignity, in jeopardy. Will decides it's time for Jack to grow up and cuts him off financially.

Original air date: January 16, 2020

So much awkwardness in the story with Grace, wow :p. The kid in me did enjoy Will teasing her about it, though.

I do think there's a valid point about Will always paying for things for Jack, but I'll always like moments like the one at the end between them. 

• Love 4

I'm guessing NBC didn't think much of this episode, considering that the commercials promoting it all week consisted of a single one-liner by Karen from some other episode!  (I figured this was one of the ones Megan missed based on Karen not being mentioned in the press release.)

• Love 2

i liked the Grace storyline - particularly the way the cop just ratted her out bluntly and immediately. 😄The plumber's reaction cracked me up, too.

But I hated that Will was talked into letting Jack continue to be an insufferable leech. Hey, Estefan, if you're so charmed by Jack's "innocence" (and how is he innocent, exactly?), maybe you should dole out the money for all of his ridiculous whims.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

particularly the way the cop just ratted her out bluntly and immediately.

This is the only part of the Grace storyline I liked.  The rest just didn't do it for me.  

5 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

But I hated that Will was talked into letting Jack continue to be an insufferable leech. Hey, Estefan, if you're so charmed by Jack's "innocence" (and how is he innocent, exactly?), maybe you should dole out the money for all of his ridiculous whims.

I 100% agree with this.  Dang, how much $$ has Will lost to Jack over the years?  And does Estefan really believe Jack is in his 30s?  Really?

• Love 9

Maybe I'm 12 but I thought the Grace story was pretty damn funny. Juvenile, crude, and tacky, but funny. Pretty classic W&G actually. The plumber saying he needed to call his friend at the zoo really cracked me up. The whole thing was just so awful. 

On the other hand I agree Will should have cut Jack off financially years ago. The money he's thrown away on Jack's various whims must be up to six figures by now. 

I did get a kick out of Estefan insisting his fairy tales were different than the ones Will insisted they were. 

• Love 4

I thought Grace’s story was awful. Will’s was better until he gave in at the end. I noticed in the credits that the guy who called about Will’s credit card was voiced by Pej Vahdat, who played Arastoo on Bones. That was the episode high point for me, frankly. 

• Love 6

I thought that there was going to be serious ramifications from Grace falling over the couch and landing on her stomach on the ground. Alas...apparently she has a fetus of steel.

I laughed way too hard at all the gross humor, but I liked it. I also enjoyed the Peter Pan/Hansel and Gretel discussions.

• Love 5

I am a fan of gross humor too (I still giggle at that scene in Bridesmaids) but... how bad was Grace’s issue, that she couldn’t have just used a plunger?  

Hated the Will/Jack plot.  Freeloaders suck, as did the resolution to keep enabling him.  And Esteban has no problem with his husband taking handouts from another man?

• Love 4

I will never be able to take Jack and Estefan's relationship seriously because Estefan is a one-episode gag that turned into not just a recurring character, but a spouse, and I just don't get it. He has no relationship to the group and no actual character traits.

So...it's the last season and we devoted the entire A-plot of an episode to a smelly poo crisis? An apt metaphor for the quality of the writing.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 14

I quit watching 10 minutes in and deleted the episode. I'm sad this is what the reboot has come to, no character growth, juvenile humor, and replayed storylines. If I had known in the beginning this is what would happen, I never would have tuned in at all.

• Love 1