Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: The One-At-A-Timing

• Start Topic

I liked the new guy and thought it would have been funny if Jacob came, said he thought she was dead because of FB and they all had some laughs. Frankie was wrong doing that and a convenient way to get rid of more men. I know their relationship is special, but it seems every male leaves or dies.

• Love 3

The appearance of Jacob at least explained the screen time spent by Sol slowly typing about the LOL ostrich burger video:
 "Frankie is dying.  But I can't watch. I'm in too much pain."
--2 episodes ago and then repeated in the previous episode. 
This is the first time I've seen a classic 3-part joke stretched out over 3 episodes.
With the show's episodes all being dropped at once and only being about half an hour long, I can see why the writers went for it.
I wonder if this is the first time it's been done and if we'll see others doing it.  

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Someone juggling two dates at once and running back and forth between them is the oldest sitcom trope in the book. I was just commenting on this in the Shameless thread where they did the exact same thing last week. I would have thought this show above that sort of thing.

For once I liked all the stuff with Sol and Robert, I guess because it involved Bud. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, GSManiac said:

Sol’s colour swatch shirt was awesome

I almost bought one last year, but I have a tight budget. I was very distracted by it trying to decide if I still wanted one. 

11 hours ago, GSManiac said:

Alison is just the worst. I wish they would focus on Coyote more. Bud and Brianna are the two children that seem to get the most air time.

They really made Coyote likable this season, but I guess that has the negative result of having to not use him too much so he doesn’t detract from the main characters. Like the Kramer Effect on Seinfeld. 

1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:
On 1/25/2020 at 2:45 AM, GSManiac said:

Sol’s colour swatch shirt was awesome

I really liked it. I wondered how it looks close up.

I think they were widely available around 2016 with different hue selections. There are still t-shirt versions.
Here are a few remaining similar to Sol's: pastel  more like Sol's?   pastel with dark background

Here's a screen grabsshot for comparison: 

image.png.092bb2856f66123c6abfb3a4353c1d58.png

Edited by shapeshifter
On 1/25/2020 at 2:45 AM, GSManiac said:

Sol’s colour swatch shirt was awesome.

Alison is just the worst. I wish they would focus on Coyote more. Bud and Brianna are the two children that seem to get the most air time.

Since I get all my science learning from the medical examiners on Law and Order, his shirt reminded me of a DNA sample and I thought it was funny because they were doing DNA stuff for Bud.  

• LOL 2

I love Grace's reaction to Frankie's two-timing, that she just tells her it's a disaster in the making - on general principle, and because Frankie can't keep anything straight - and walks away, letting that dumpster fire do its thing.

I also love both of them dumping her, and I laughed at Jack asking Jacob, "Wanna grab a drink?" as they both walk out, and Jacob's "No!"

Grace's "How many do you have?" to Frankie, after wondering aloud who on earth would buy the Mop-a-Doodle, was classic.  As was Grace freaking out about Nick selling her bathroom statue.  I like that she told Miriam the truth, knowing she won't tell Nick; I love how Grace has never been threatened by Miriam (I loved her "Why would I tell you to fire her?" when Nick said that's why he didn't tell her they'd been married).

I guess they're going to wind up on Shark Tank, and Grace will have to tell the whole world (including Nick) the story in order to get it financed.

• Love 2