Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: The Surprises

• Start Topic

Bud: I'm over Jessica.

Allison: Prove it. Once And for all.

Bud: Fine. I'll call the beach house and tell Coyote and Jessica we are coming over.

Allison: Yeah. How do you know they are there.

Bud: I follow her instagram.

My oh my. That was gold right there. Their interactions this season are so good.

• Love 6

I thought this was the best episode of the season.  When Grace, Frankie, Sol and Robert are all in the same room together it is comedy gold.   The premise for this was hilarious as well.   Sol and Robert just wanting to spend a quiet day together while Sol recovers from surgery get invaded by Grace and Frankie who want to introduce them to Frankie’s new guy who just happens to be the same guy whose life they destroyed a lifetime ago which ironically got them their beach house.   

• Love 9

I'm glad they skipped over the drama of the surgery and went straight to recovery. This storyline is a real downer. I generally feel like I have to tolerate Robert and Sol just to enjoy the rest of the show. They are amusing at times, especially Sol, but I could do with less of them, and prostrate cancer is not funny.

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to have changed the backdrop behind the beach house? Now is just looks like an enormous mountain of sand. From a distance and out of focus it services well enough as a vague outline of sand and ocean but when they are sitting right in front of it, it looks fake as hell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to have changed the backdrop behind the beach house? Now is just looks like an enormous mountain of sand. From a distance and out of focus it services well enough as a vague outline of sand and ocean but when they are sitting right in front of it, it looks fake as hell.

Yes! I was wondering where the heck that dune suddenly came from.

• Love 1
On 1/20/2020 at 11:16 AM, iMonrey said:

I'm glad they skipped over the drama of the surgery and went straight to recovery. This storyline is a real downer. I generally feel like I have to tolerate Robert and Sol just to enjoy the rest of the show. They are amusing at times, especially Sol, but I could do with less of them, and prostrate cancer is not funny.

I love Sol and Robert, mileage varies. And while prostate cancer isn't funny, neither are heart attacks, strokes, and other aging health issues the show has dealt with, and done (IMO) a great job. Aging isn't fun, and this show has handled most of the indignities and challenges pretty well. Sometimes it gets a little close to home for me, but I still appreciate it.

Bud's wife has been pretty funny this year, I like that. She was mostly an annoyance before.

• Love 6

The story about someone unknowingly having sex with a couch sounded very familiar to me.

Did Elizabeth on The Americans tell Paige a similar story? Where a guy had sex with a couch instead of her, and she decided to let him think he'd penetrated her, to spare his feelings?

8 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Did Elizabeth on The Americans tell Paige a similar story? Where a guy had sex with a couch instead of her, and she decided to let him think he'd penetrated her, to spare his feelings?

Yes, she did! (Though I think Elizabeth was lying because she doesn't have any sex stories that don't involve her job.) I thought the same thing when he was telling that story: how many guys does this happen to and are all couches really that fuckable?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Yes, she did! (Though I think Elizabeth was lying because she doesn't have any sex stories that don't involve her job.) I thought the same thing when he was telling that story: how many guys does this happen to and are all couches really that fuckable?

The only way I can imagine it happening is if the guy is very, very drunk, and he...shall we say...arrives early. Almost immediately.

13 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I think it depends on the couch and the fabric. 😉 I'm guessing the fabric on Elizabeth's childhood couch (even if she was telling the truth) would be difficult to mistake for .... well...

26 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

The only way I can imagine it happening is if the guy is very, very drunk, and he...shall we say...arrives early. Almost immediately.

Totally agree.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:01 PM, Blakeston said:

The story about someone unknowingly having sex with a couch sounded very familiar to me.

On 2/22/2020 at 8:35 PM, sistermagpie said:

Also, Please Like Me. Claire tells Josh’s mom that the first time they had sex, they did not actually because he was between her and the sheets. 

I knew Jessica's version of the seriousness of the relationship was going to be the accurate one, but I did not anticipate the "you fucked the couch" twist.  Heh.

The shenanigans at Robert and Sol's to keep Jack from recognizing them were fantastic, and I about fell out of bed at Robert's "Ya, mon" when Jack asked him, in trying to place where he'd seen him before, if he was at Reggae Fest 1994.

I love how excited Sol was by the toilet.

Lovely moment between Grace and Frankie at the end, when Grace - who's been mentioning all day she wants to get home to see Nick - says she's not leaving until Frankie feels okay.  They're doing a good job with how Grace's marriage changes their relationship, and with how it doesn't.

So I am only just now getting around to watching this season, but I still wanted to say how great I thought the joke was when Robert and Sol were talking about the Sugarman case 20 years ago, and hoping Jack wouldn't recognize them, and Robert said that he thought he had a beard back then...and Grace said "Yeah, it was me!"  That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard on this show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Poor Jack. Even if he would benefit from letting go of the anger, it's still a lot to spend time with the divorce lawyers who shredded him in court, and who seemingly went to unnecessary lengths in the process for profit. This divorce landed him in in-patient treatment! He's got to have a lot of trauma tied up in that. Early on in a relationship, I'd walk away from that for my mental health.

Hope Frankie is worth it!

I figured Bud and Jessica weren't together very long -- not long enough to warrant such deep feelings on his part, even if I believe that Coyote should not have pursued Jessica --  but six weeks?!