Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: History Repeats Itself

• Start Topic

Kayla changes Izaiah’s last name. Ashley meets up with a friend she’s been talking to on social media. Rachel considers birth control. Kiaya agrees to mediation with X’Zayveon’s mom. Brianna flirts with the idea of dating again.

Airs: January 7, 2020

Edited by druzy

This turned out odd.  My favorites at this stage in the game are Kiaya and Kayla.

Rachel will not get on or stay on birth control because she wants to have another baby, because she wants to lock Jacob down.  She is clueless, and her mom should insist on an IUD in the arm or all her privileges get taken away.  The mom is almost as much to blame as Rachel for enabling her.  

I have been really sour on Brianna since she tried to get over on us about the hospital.  She and her mom sit in that house and obsess.  I feel bad for the kid.  I doubt either of them has a steady job outside of the show.  She has absolutely nothing going on.  I have been wondering when they were going to think about a prosthesis.  

Ashley is boring.  I think she spent about one episode in her hometown.  Her edges can be seen from space.  That guy in LA with the two baby mamas was just about one step above Bar.  I think Ashley can do better.  At least she’s in school, praise God!

What Stephen says:  I don’t want anything to do with her (Kayla)

What Stephen means:  I don’t want anything to do with my kid

I’m glad Kayla moved to Iowa.  She seems like she’s growing up.

I like Kiaya and Teazha.  They get irrationally angry, like when they went to get the kid’s ears pierced, but they are usually quiet and kind of introspective.  I think the therapy was a good idea in theory.  Maybe the therapist should have had a stronger presence.  I don’t know.

• Love 4

Exchange of the night:

Rachel's mother: You need to go on birth control. You have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Rachel: I DON'T WANT SOME RANDOM STRANGER I DON'T EVEN KNOW TO TALK TO ME ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL! I WILL RESEARCH IT MYSELF!

This is so crazy in so many ways. Your gynecologist is not some random stranger. How can you say you don't even know her when she delivered your baby? Why is your internet "research" more reliable than information from a trained medical professional? And why is this dumbshit spoiling to have another baby?? Dear lord.

Kiaya really annoyed me. She just wants to stay mad. Even as X’Zayveon’s mother cried, apologized, and asked to move forward, she had to flounce out and make a big show of how horribly wronged she is. Jesus girl. You are going to have a long and hard road to travel in life if you can't examine your behavior, learn that not everything is about you, try to listen to another person's point of view, and show a little humility. Isn't it exhausting for these baby drama queens to keep up all that outrage and pouting and flouncing?

12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I have been really sour on Brianna since she tried to get over on us about the hospital.  She and her mom sit in that house and obsess.  I feel bad for the kid.  I doubt either of them has a steady job outside of the show.  She has absolutely nothing going on.  I have been wondering when they were going to think about a prosthesis.  

Brianna just seems so hapless. Things just happen to her, she seems to have no agency in her life. She just lies around in bed, being helpless. But if she doesn't want to date, her stupid mother should lay off. Why on earth is she encouraging her to go on dating sites? If she'd said "I'm lonely and I'd like to date", that's one thing. But she has no interest. Leave her be!

I don't really think a prosthesis is necessary for Braeson. For one thing, they are expensive. For another, he seems perfectly happy and is coping fine. He's never had the hand, he doesn't miss it. I once knew a guy who was born without a hand, like Braeson. He learned to do everything with one hand, including tying his shoes, and most people didn't even notice that he had only one hand. I know I didn't until I read an article he'd written about it. He did have a prosthesis which he rarely used. In my opinion its good to encourage Braeson to be as self sufficient as he can be.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Exchange of the night:

Rachel's mother: You need to go on birth control. You have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Rachel: I DON'T WANT SOME RANDOM STRANGER I DON'T EVEN KNOW TO TALK TO ME ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL! I WILL RESEARCH IT MYSELF!

Brianna just seems so hapless. Things just happen to her, she seems to have no agency in her life. She just lies around in bed, being helpless. But if she doesn't want to date, her stupid mother should lay off. Why on earth is she encouraging her to go on dating sites? If she'd said "I'm lonely and I'd like to date", that's one thing. But she has no interest. Leave her be!

Rachel's and Jacob's discussion about having another baby was also eye opening.  It was almost like a "what should we have for dinner" conversation I would have with my husband.

Brianna said she had no friends.  Why can't she join a moms' group?  Her only option is not a dating app.

• Love 8

I would truly, very truly, love to know what health insurance company will cover a hospital stay that occurred before the insured had a policy with the company. 

And..."Do you want me preg-nit"?  That's how you discuss whether to bring a child into the world?

I had quit watching this show because the stupidity became unbearable, but I surfed by last night and thought, "Oh, what the hell."  Which led, of course, to "What the hell??"

No Más.  No Más.

• Love 4

When Rachel's mom was talking to neck tattoo/backwards camo hat I was thinking Rachel really shouldn't be on birth control. Why should a innocent baby be deprived of such a wonderful lifestyle? Then I felt like I should go take a shower, so I did.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I cannot handle the stupidity with Rachel and her family. I weep for humanity when I watch them. I understand they are a product of their environment but come on. Who talks that casually about having a baby? Her mother needs to stop worrying about how Rachel will feel and drag her to the Dr. 

Of course Ashley's new man already has 2 baby mamas.

I give Kayla props for changing Isaiah's last name. 

X'ayveon's mom said she is 36. I cannot believe I am 2 years younger than her. And I don't have kids, let alone grandkids! 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

X'ayveon's mom said she is 36. I cannot believe I am 2 years younger than her. And I don't have kids, let alone grandkids! 

Yikes. I totally missed that part. I'm 36 and have a 3-year-old (and apparently a better skin care routine. I would have not guessed 36.).

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I finally watched the show last night and I am still shaking my head over Rachel et al. That is one trashy fucking family. And stupid as fuck to boot. What happened to the boyfriend's skin? It didn't always look like that, did it? Where the hell did MTV find these people?

When X'ayveon's mother appeared I thought she looked pretty young, but 36 is way too old to be a grandmother. She said the girl is older. Do we know her age? They are a mess, too, but not anywhere near the mess that Rachel et al are.

Brianna continues to bore the hell out of me, but I'm glad Braeson is so happy and active. He'd drive McKayla over at Unexpected to the mad house because he is constantly on the move.

Speaking of which, does Kayla or whatever her name is ever do anything with Isaiah? He's adorable but I only see her feeding, clothing or holding him. Although at the end we did see him playing basketball with Luke. But does he have any games or anything? And does his mother ever smile? She's one sad sack. The first baby daddy, though, is disgusting. I hope his friends are like, dude, check yourself.

Good to see Ashley in school and moving on, but I hope she just keeps playing the field. She very much disappointed me at the Teen Mom 2 reunion because she acted like such a hood rat. I get she feels left out, but she knows how to express herself way better than that. That behavior was shameful.

I have to say, at the end when they showed the closing snippets of each person I felt so sorry for Bar because he must have some seriously low self-esteem and other issues going on to have put those two hideous "banners" on his face. That was a cry for help and as Ashley noted, it's going to be damn near impossible for him to get a good job. He is a cute boy and I pray he gets some sense/help and has that craziness removed STAT!

• Love 4

I don't think Bar and his crowd think in terms of legitimate employment.  Earn a paycheck?  That is something that "other people" do. 

I can't think of anything else to say about these losers that hasn't already been said. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/8/2020 at 6:29 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I would truly, very truly, love to know what health insurance company will cover a hospital stay that occurred before the insured had a policy with the company. 

And..."Do you want me preg-nit"?  That's how you discuss whether to bring a child into the world?

I had quit watching this show because the stupidity became unbearable, but I surfed by last night and thought, "Oh, what the hell."  Which led, of course, to "What the hell??"

No Más.  No Más.

She probably got approved for Medicare. They will cover the previous 90 days of health care bills if you qualify. And as a low income teen mom, she most probably qualified. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

She probably got approved for Medicare. They will cover the previous 90 days of health care bills if you qualify. And as a low income teen mom, she most probably qualified. 

Unless she makes too much from the show as an independent contractor.  I wonder how much these girls make. 

7 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Interesting.  I assume you meant Medicaid and not Medicare, but I didn't know about the 90-day retroactive eligibility for Medicaid.  I learn so much from these forums.

Of course, Brianna kept saying "insurance" and not "Medicaid."  Hard to know if that was intentional or just ignorance.  It's sure a lot spiffier to refer to getting insurance than qualifying for Medicaid.  She's also lucky she lives in Oregon and not one of the states that has eliminated the 90-day retroactive eligibility through a government waiver.

It's actually an interesting situation, and yet another example of how the U.S. has a completely screwed up healthcare system.  Here's an article about the 90-day retroactive eligibility waivers; it seems to provide a nice overview, albeit using "retrospective" every time "retroactive" should be used.

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20190209/NEWS/190209936/new-medicaid-barrier-waivers-ending-retrospective-eligibility-shift-costs-to-providers-patients

But this does make me wonder about Brianna's claim of being uninsured.  Presumably she hasn't been paying cash for the baby's medical care, so he must have been on Medicaid or CHIP.  However he got that, you'd think that his mother would be part of the process, with her eligibility evaluated. 

Which makes me wonder if the whole unpaid hospital bill thing is fabricated.

Plus, I don't know how much MTV pays, but you'd think that between her job and whatever MTV pays, she'd be making too much money to qualify for Medicaid.  At these low income levels, just $10,000 would make a big difference.

Of course, that would require her actually declaring that income on her tax return, and teen moms haven't had a stellar history of doing that.