Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E00: Strike a Match

• Start Topic

It's pretty sad when they have to argue over whether people 26 years old are "old" enough for marriage.  Mature enough I can see arguing about, but old enough, of course they are!  And it's not like they haven't had people that age on the show before, some of which are still married.

I haven't watched episode 1 yet, but already I can see 5 train wrecks in the making.  Yet another season full of self-absorbed, immature, full of themselves, and/or highly unrealistic babies.  The show seems to like to choose people that are so highly ambitious and over-extended that they don't have enough room in their lives for marriage, in spite of claiming that some of them have made marriage a priority.  Yeah, no.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Will anyone mention the awful necklace that what’s-her-name doctor expert is wearing around her white collar shirt? It’s a very poor match for anyone, especially for a match-maker. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Washington DC is an unattractive place, eh? 

I have many friends who are lawyers that work in DC. They always describe it as northern hospitality meets southern efficiency. Being in politics ain't pretty.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

No no, the people.   Slim pickins in this episode..

I don't know, Zach and Taylor both seem like two people who signed up were recruited for this show to further their Instagram model careers........

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I found myself incredibly annoyed that during the brief "dealbreakers" segment they were talking about things like video games and fucking CILANTRO. Hi, maybe learn from your past mistakes and ask them if they are allergic to any type of pets or perhaps if they think being expected to stay home at night with their spouse is too confining. And we wonder why they are so awful at matching these people...

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

So they are trying for 5 divorces this season?? Yikes. 

I see sooooooo many problems: messy boy hair, awful vocal fry, overbites, and not wanting anyone else in your home... just to name a few isssues.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Will anyone mention the awful necklace that what’s-her-name doctor expert is wearing around her white collar shirt? It’s a very poor match for anyone, especially for a match-maker. 

This!  Each element of her outfit would have been really cute on its own paired with different clothing, but together they made an awful outfit.

7 hours ago, Drogo said:

No no, the people.   Slim pickins in this episode..

I think Brandon is gorgeous, but I’m old enough to be his mother so...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I think the "cilantro" guy & the guy who wanted a "model" were specifically planted to let us, the viewers, know, 'Look we DO weed out the people with unrealistic expectations - see?! We ARE responsible matchmakers who are taking this seriously!!' 😉

Yeah. Okay. 😌🙄

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I think the "cilantro" guy & the guy who wanted a "model" were specifically planted to let us, the viewers, know, 'Look we DO weed out the people with unrealistic expectations - see?! We ARE responsible matchmakers who are taking this seriously!!' 😉

Yeah. Okay. 😌🙄

I'm sure you're right - they were likely trying to be cheeky. The problem is they haven't earned that right. Show us how thorough you are first. Show us how people hide who they really are in spite of your rigorous questioning. I'd much rather they show them having serious conversations with the candidates to prove to us that they are not purposely shoving people together who really shouldn't be together, like a woman who is deathly afraid of dogs because of a traumatic childhood attack (which she absolutely disclosed to them) and a man who had two super unruly dogs. Once they've shown us that they truly do try to pair up people who genuinely make good matches, then they can be playful. Till then, they just get the side eye from me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Watching the parents is SO cringeworthy! These poor people have to endure watching their adult children sail on a shipwreck. The pain on their faces is so explicit! And what was with Derek’s middle eastern dressed relative? I couldn’t reconcile her with the mother who moved to Latin America?

I can’t stand momma’s boys. As a female, I find them truly repulsive! At the same time, my kid is a total momma’s boy and I adore him to death. Except he is a dog. Momma’s boy is cute on a pet! Double standard 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I actually liked the necklace but like with a cocktail dress - not with the outfit she had it with. I loved the necklace she was wearing with the quarter moon and the red stone.

• Love 1

Austin the floppy haired mama's boy is going be fun to watch. Some of the men gave me a very snowflake vibe that will make me ill if it comes through. 

I can't say I'm overly excited about any of these couples or for this season because I'm just suspicious of everyone now and bet there are a bunch of plants. I don't claim to be a beauty queen but I would have to say that the majority of people who are unmarried, think they are running out of time, and are willing to marry a stranger in order to make their life complete look more like the people on 90 Day Fiance. I'd rather see someone like Anna from 90 Day or Michael from Sequim get picked for this show rather than these bodybuilding, highly paid hipster types who do not look like they would have any trouble attracting the opposite sex. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Austin the floppy haired mama's boy is going be fun to watch. Some of the men gave me a very snowflake vibe that will make me ill if it comes through. 

I can't say I'm overly excited about any of these couples or for this season because I'm just suspicious of everyone now and bet there are a bunch of plants. I don't claim to be a beauty queen but I would have to say that the majority of people who are unmarried, think they are running out of time, and are willing to marry a stranger in order to make their life complete look more like the people on 90 Day Fiance. I'd rather see someone like Anna from 90 Day or Michael from Sequim get picked for this show rather than these bodybuilding, highly paid hipster types who do not look like they would have any trouble attracting the opposite sex. 

Looks often have nothing to do with why someone is single. Most of the people on this show are generally attractive even if they aren't the model type. But, there have been a shitload of ugly personalities. 

Anyone signing up for a dating show in this day and age is questionable but I just want to be entertained. I don't care about plants and all that. Everyone on reality TV are too aware of the cameras to be 100 percent genuine but this shows biggest sin is often being boring.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 2
On 1/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, qtpye said:

They always describe it as northern hospitality meets southern efficiency

Moved here (to the DMV) 30 years ago after growing up in New York City and heard this expression my first week here. No better way to describe it as a whole ... though there is a lot to love if you can put on blinders (especially of late), this really should be the official motto of the DMV (for those who have never heard the term, it stands for DC-Maryland-Virginia, because for all intents and purposes, with the exception of "taxation without representation," the two neighboring Maryland counties -- Prince Georges and Montgomery and a few independent cities -- and Northern Virginia are considered "greater D.C."

I'm guessing the fact the couples are living in Arlington (Va.) supports that ... I do wonder why, if it's "Washington D.C." version, they couldn't have tried to have them actually live IN D.C. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I'm guessing the fact the couples are living in Arlington (Va.) supports that ... I do wonder why, if it's "Washington D.C." version, they couldn't have tried to have them actually live IN D.C. 

I wonder if it would have been more difficult to film, just in terms of lack of parking for the trucks and crews, etc? Or maybe VA offered better tax breaks/economic terms to the production company?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I wonder if it would have been more difficult to film, just in terms of lack of parking for the trucks and crews, etc? Or maybe VA offered better tax breaks/economic terms to the production company?

I bet you are right on both accounts! But i do find it sort of ironic! It also seems (and I may have missed some of the actual locations) that most if not all of the 10 "contestants" were living in either Virginia or Maryland (we know Taylor was in Maryland and I thought one other woman was as well ... they definitely identified NoVa in a few other clips)

2 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I bet you are right on both accounts! But i do find it sort of ironic! It also seems (and I may have missed some of the actual locations) that most if not all of the 10 "contestants" were living in either Virginia or Maryland (we know Taylor was in Maryland and I thought one other woman was as well ... they definitely identified NoVa in a few other clips)

I think at least one was actually in DC but I did have the impression that the majority were in the burbs...