Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Performance Anxiety

Harvey

Committed to becoming a father on his own, Will meets a potential surrogate with stellar reviews, but her lifestyle choices give Will doubts. In order to gain entry to AnnieCon, Grace pretends to be a formerly famous Annie, while Jack tags along in hopes of completing his celebrity hair E.G.O.T. Karen has a romantic encounter with a disabled veteran.

Air date: 01/09/2020

AMAZING pre-view of the upcoming episode:

Spoiler

• Love 2

Karen and Will's interplay in the first scene was just gold. Both the Thank you, Mary line (so simple, yet so effective!) and when Karen admiringly said to Will she knew he would "find his way back". Oh god, I love them so much.

I liked Grace's hair in this episode. I don't think she had it like that since season 1. 

• Love 3

I'll lead off with a very superficial comment but that's the best Debra Messing has looked for a while on this show. She actually looked like Grace of old. A combination of fixing the eyebrows (or something) and her wardrobe not trying to hide the fact she has put on a little weight- the wardrobe has normally amplified that fact.

It was nice to see all four in the same room, feels like its been a while. A nice that Karen's story actually linked with the main event.

Not as funny as previous episodes but hey I've come this far with the show I'm not gonna bail on it now. Still trying to get my head around the fact we are heading towards the same ending that they wiped out at the start of the revival.

Really nice tribute to Shelley at the end. Was not expecting it and I found it very touching.

• Love 6

TBH I was kind of disappointed we didn't get a Sarah Jessica Parker cameo. I got a kick out of them saying she was running late because she didn't know AnnieCon was a real thing.

The scenes with Karen and Jenny's brother showed how well the show can still do funny and poignant at the same time. 

Not really feeling the whole surrogate thing though. I can't shake the suspicion that eventually Will will just decide to become the father of Grace's baby. It's not as if she's going to marry the father. 

I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't know who Demi Lovato is. I've heard the name but I couldn't pick her out of a lineup if you put a gun to my head.

Small nitpick: the first time Will knocks on her door she makes a big production of saying she has a dog or a gun or something. The second time Will shows up she opens the door without even asking who it is.

I loved all the screen comments Jenny was getting, especially "He looks super gay" when Will was in the picture."

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't know who Demi Lovato is. I've heard the name but I couldn't pick her out of a lineup if you put a gun to my head.

She is a disney star who started a singing carreer capitalizing on the fanbase she attracted with her Disney Show (Camp Rock). This is her most successful song. You probably heard it many times without knowing it was she who was singing it.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Never heard it, either. Guess I'm old, too.

Me three.

I only recognized her because she is regularly featured on a fashion website that focuses on celebrities who don't know how to dress themselves properly. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I loved seeing original movie Annie Aileen Quinn at the end as the real Ramona lol.

Oh! I did not know that was her. 

There was a big Annie scandal back in the day when they were reviving the show for Broadway. There was some nationwide contest to find the next Annie, and the girl who won was eventually replaced with another kid after a few previews, and her family sued or something. Then the original stage Annie, Andrea McCardle, got involved and took the kid's side but it turned out SHE had been a last minute replacement for another girl as well.

Anyway, this episode seemed like it might have taken a page from that story.

• Love 2

Nice seeing Demi Lovato out there doing acting again! She's struggled terribly with addiction the past few years and has been in and out of rehab, so her line about being clean made me wince.

It feels like every episode is so random - Will gets a surrogate! AnnieCon! Karen fucks a random war vet! - and it does make me scratch my head for how they're going to end the series.

• Love 6
On 1/10/2020 at 3:26 AM, Bill1978 said:

I'll lead off with a very superficial comment but that's the best Debra Messing has looked for a while on this show. She actually looked like Grace of old. A combination of fixing the eyebrows (or something) and her wardrobe not trying to hide the fact she has put on a little weight- the wardrobe has normally amplified that fact.

It was nice to see all four in the same room, feels like its been a while. A nice that Karen's story actually linked with the main event.

Not as funny as previous episodes but hey I've come this far with the show I'm not gonna bail on it now. Still trying to get my head around the fact we are heading towards the same ending that they wiped out at the start of the revival.

Really nice tribute to Shelley at the end. Was not expecting it and I found it very touching.

I actually was coming here to post that I didn’t think MM was actually on the set with them in the opening scene. It was shot very oddly and it didn’t feel like she and Messing were both there at the same time.

• Love 1
On 1/13/2020 at 11:22 PM, Aileen said:

I actually was coming here to post that I didn’t think MM was actually on the set with them in the opening scene. It was shot very oddly and it didn’t feel like she and Messing were both there at the same time.

The cast has had some infighting that led to Meghan not appearing in a couple episodes so this is entirely likely. Supposedly they’ve all made up now.