Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Coup D'Etat

Lady Calypso

I'm surprised no one has posted here yet. I am not the target audience for sure but I watch these shows to see if I could watch them with my 13 year-old granddaughter. This one is far too mature for her but I was intrigued by it and will watch again to see if it holds up.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, meatball77 said:

This seemed far more like what Euphoria was preaching with what screwed up small town kids are these days.

I liked it.

Funny because HBO passed over Dare Me in favor of picking up Euphoria.

• Love 1

I read the book when it came out awhile ago so when I saw they were making it into a series, I was intrigued. I liked the first episode enough to keep watching. I hope they show more of the intense physical training the girls undergo because it was such a major part of the book.

• Love 1

Are we supposed to dislike some of the characters? Colette doesnt look so likeable right now cheating on her husband who doesnt seem like a bad guy plus the bascially getting the girl to start her road towards being Bullemic. The girl was already skinny. I do realize this is the first episode though.. .

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Are we supposed to dislike some of the characters? Colette doesnt look so likeable right now cheating on her husband who doesnt seem like a bad guy plus the bascially getting the girl to start her road towards being Bullemic. The girl was already skinny. I do realize this is the first episode though.. .

There are a few characters I dislike and I believe that is as intended. Without characters to root against there would be zero tension and, therefore, no drama. 

9 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

What was mean girl trying to do when other girl was on top of pyramid? Push her?

She was digging her nails into her half-sisters leg in hopes that she would fall. Thus proving that she deserved to be the flyer and not lil sis. 

• Useful 1

I'm a fool so I expect I'll keep watching, but it made me very nostalgic for Friday Night Lights. Every scene was dark, depressing and/or nasty.

If even 10% of it was realistic, I'm very glad I didn't go to high school in small town America.

PS:  I just googled Peter Berg because I thought I recognized the name and, oh, the irony of my first sentence.  I had no idea both series were directed by the same guy!

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 2

Ran out of things to watch and stumbled on this. What in the all-Star loving hell were those stunts?  That is not what a pyramid are these days. Pyramids are constant movement and about 5 or 6 different stunts with varying levels before hitting the end pose. Also, the basket toss was a joke. Anyway, even though I’m bored, I doubt I’ll continue to watch.