Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Good Holidays to You

“Good Holidays to You” – When Graham writes a letter to Santa asking for either a white Christmas or to meet his father, Angie goes on a mission to find snow in Southern California with the help of Will and Sophie. Meanwhile, after Rory, Emma and Amy find out that Poppy and Douglas are romantically involved, the kids use this knowledge to their advantage to guilt their parents into buying them more Christmas presents, on an all-new holiday episode of “Single Parents,” WEDNESDAY, DEC. 11 (9:31-10:00 p.m. EST), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

Baby Jack is back! Such a cutie.

I didn't peg Douglas as the one to say "I love you" first, so that was just perfect.

Even though you know how everything is going to end up (of course they would get snow), I still love this show. It's so charming and sweet, and I feel like this group of people actually like each other, so it makes their interactions fun and watchable.

Ah, those SoCal kids wanting a white Christmas and enjoying the snow. Yeah, snow is great when it melts in two days and never comes back (/bitter cold Canadian).

• Love 15
6 hours ago, auchic said:

Baby Jack is back! Such a cutie.

That is an adorable child. When he was giggling when Miggy scooped him up and ran off with him, I said "Aww!" out loud. He was grinning in the picture too.

Angie and Will are endgame, no?

• Love 6

This was a nice episode and I love sappy endings. I loved seeing Jack.

This episode involved love interests, but I'm so happy Will's girlfriend wasn't there. I don't like her at all and I don't like Will when he's around her.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

This episode involved love interests, but I'm so happy Will's girlfriend wasn't there.

I tend to forget about her when she's not around - I often forget he has a girlfriend.

• Love 2

I love how well Will knows Angie.  He immediately knew how she sourced her lie about Derek.

The kids drawing of Douglas and Poppy killed me. Especially their rendering of Douglas.  He looks like a bunch of boxes stacked on top of each other.

Of course Miss Pronstroller lives in an abandoned doll factory.

Awww, Douglas' declaration was sweet. I have enjoyed how Douglas and Poppy's romance has played out.

Great ep.

• Love 6

The abandoned doll factory! I love how much weird quirky stuff is going on in the periphery of the show. 

I really adore this show, its so happy and warm, its really made for Christmas specials! At first I thought that the twins and Rory would try to break Poppy and Douglas up or something, but them trying to manipulate them into getting them presents was much funnier, but I liked how it all played out. Douglas dropping the L word to Poppy was unexpected, but delightful, I think they have done a really good job with their relationship. 

I knew that they would get their snow, but it was still so adorable watching everyone playing in the snow, including Miggys super cute baby! I also love how much pride Will takes in being a weatherman. "I let you know when you should wear a raincoat bitch." 

I had to freeze on the kids pictures of Douglas and Poppy, it made me laugh so hard. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I had to freeze on the kids pictures of Douglas and Poppy, it made me laugh so hard. 

I know right?  Poppy was more upset about the drawing than she was about all the money the kids guilted out of them.  "After all we've done for you, this is how you draw us?"  LOL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Heh. Abandoned doll factory. I enjoy how quirky the town is. All that's missing was the creepy old fashioned girl. She's my favorite.

Although she didn't appear, in the flashback, Rory did mention needing his nightshirt for Louisa's Titanic steerage-themed sleepover!

• LOL 2

My favorite quirky thing about the show (and heaven knows there are many to choose among) may have been mentioned already but it is the continually changing messages on the sign in front of the school.  I really saw it  this summer in a rewatch of season 1 but now watch for them. Sometimes they change during a single episode.  This wasn't my favorite new show last year but it has grown on me considerably and can bring me a smile on a down day.

• Love 2

The whole "weatherman finds the snow" thing seemed oddly like it was written for people who do not live in southern California and think of it as universally warm. This is extra weird because the writers almost certainly all live in LA. There are a bunch of places within a couple hours driving from LA where it regularly snows in winter. Even if it weren't snowing that day, they could probably find somewhere with some on the ground already. He didn't need to pick somewhere expecting a big storm - and if he thought his forecast were accurate why would he want to drive into it? I was sitting there thinking "don't drive towards a storm!"  It's also not unusual for Lake Arrowhead to be in the 50s during the day but 20s overnight this time of year. He'd know that. If he expected the precipitation at night, he'd know it'd be much colder by then. So was he expecting to be freezing during the day too and was just wrong on that front? They played the "its too warm" scenes as though it were in the high 70s. It could've been that hot but it'd be very weird for Will to be 40 degrees off when he seemed to be predicting it a couple days out. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility for the temp to fluctuate that much one day to the next - but we'd see that in the 10 day forecast, not be surprised by it day of. Again, if he's targeting the location, why would he pick somewhere that was going to potentially have a random really hot day right adjacent to a snowstorm when he's trying to guarantee snow? It would've landed better if the warmth when they arrived didn't deter Will and he kept insisting on random measures and namedropping facts that the rest wouldn't understand to explain why he wasn't wrong to predict snow, instead of arriving, finding it warm and just sort shrugging.

• Love 2