Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E22: Live Top 10 Eliminations

• Start Topic

Not happy that Marybeth had to get the twitter save. She's my favorite voice left this season, that means she's got pull more votes next week than at least two artists that were ahead of her this week. And that's just to get in the twitter save and have another 1 in 3 chance to make the finale.

As I was reasonably confident, Kat got the Team Blake bump to survive one more week. That was one side effect of Kali being eliminated so early. It let the hardcore Blake fans focus on just Ricky and Kat (and not have their power voting get so spread out between 3 and 4 artists). She's a goner next week unless she pulls out a song like Amazing Grace or Mary Did You Know....and even then that might only be good enough to make the twitter save.

Glad Shane went out on a high note (or a high week), he seemed really comfortable on stage in his final two performances.

I really really struggle judging where some of these artists are falling in the pecking order. But if I had to guess what will happen next week, I'll say Marybeth and Hello Sunday finish 7th and 8th and are eliminated. Then Kat, Will, and (flipping a coin) Katie all end up in the twitter save. The three straight in the finale will be Ricky and Jake (locks) and Rose (definitely not a lock, she could end up in the twitter save being replaced by Katie or maybe even Will, who I just don't get at all...and he gets more off-putting by the week.).

• Love 2
9 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

Not happy that Marybeth had to get the twitter save.

I haven't watched yet but can't believe Marybeth had to get a twitter save. She's one of the best singers on the show, her voice is so clear and pretty. I wonder if voters think her singing style is too similar to John's winner from last year? I'll watch later today, but I wanted to see who went home and it's wasn't who I wanted.

• Love 5

She does give off a Maelyn's little sister vibe.

Every one else has something that really stands out or pops on screen.

Will: His weirdness

Jake: the authentic country vibe. And his size

Ricky: Just has the charm, and the it factor.

Hello Sunday: Their youth, and their friendship with other grabs your attention.

Kat: Her shyness comes through in a sweet way rather than an overly awkward way

Katie: Her bombast, and unique looks

Rose: Bubbly personality

Marybeth is a little harder to pin down. She doesn't check a box like that quite so easily, at least from what they've shown of her so far.

• Love 2

I am glad Marybeth made it but surprised she was in the bottom. I love her voice and think she is so talented. Jake is my favorite and sounds miles ahead of anyone else IMO. Marybeth and Ricky probably tied for second. I thought his bluesy performance on the last show was the best of the night so I'm glad he made it. Had no idea he could play guitar like that! He also has charisma/stage presence. 

I'm not a fan of Katie's voice. I find it too low--almost guttural--but the Adele song she sang was a very good choice. I thought it was her best performance so far. I figured she would make it. 

I do not understand the Kat and Hello Sunday praise. They grate on my nerves. Kat sounds one-note to me. I love that song by Shania Twain, but not by Kat. (A fifteen year-old singing a song about a long enduring relationship. Right.) I knew she'd make it though.

Hello Sunday is screeching and lacking in range and control. And once again they sang an adult song and still made it. I think they're getting tweener votes. 

Really surprised Will made it. I thought his last performance was all over the place and terrible! Figured Shane would go. He started out well in both performances but unraveled as the songs continued. I don't know if it's a control issue or if he just ran out of air, but he looked winded, especially on the last show during Caribbean Queen. I was afraid he'd have a heart attack or stroke. 

I can only watch this show on tape so I can fast-forward through all the judges feedback-which is basically all praise and no constructive criticism. American Idol judges, especially Simon, could be too critical and downright mean. But I think The Voice judges go too far the other way. They rave about everyone to such a degree their feedback is mostly meaningless. It's a tongue bath, not honest input. 

I also skip over all the questions and filler and just watch the results, which means I can get through the hour-long show in about 15 minutes. I did watch Kelly and John's performance and thought it was pretty good, although I'm not a fan of that song. 

I think Ricky and Jake will be in the finale. Not sure about the third person, maybe Katie although I'm rotting for Marybeth. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I'm not a fan of Katie's voice. I find it too low--almost guttural--but the Adele song she sang was a very good choice. I thought it was her best performance so far. I figured she would make it. 

I do not understand the Kat and Hello Sunday praise. They grate on my nerves. Kat sounds one-note to me. I love that song by Shania Twain, but not by Kat. (A fifteen year-old singing a song about a long enduring relationship. Right.) I knew she'd make it though.

Hello Sunday is screeching and lacking in range and control. And once again they sang an adult song and still made it. I think they're getting tweener votes. 

I'm on the fence about Katie.   She's definitely been improving her performances and I agree the Adele song was a really great choice.

And I completely agree with you about Kat and Hello Sunday.   They are why I REALLY hate that they got rid of the age barrier.  Little girls singing about heartbreak and long terms relationships will NEVER ring true to me.  What's next - some 12 year old singing "At Last"?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Lots of fast-forwarding on this one.  Way too much filler and nonsense plus that stupid song which I hate regardless of the "updated lyrics".  Yuck.  And can someone please tell me how this qualifies as a Christmas song??  Because it's about cold weather?  Shoot, where I live its cold seven months out of the year.

Anyhow, I'm glad Marybeth stayed but, overall, I'm not impressed with this bunch.  Therefore, my ideal final two would be Rose and Jake.  Kat can be dispatched forthwith.  

On 12/4/2019 at 7:15 PM, foxfreakinmulder said:

I forgot to mention I thought Gwen looked really pretty. I'm still not a fan of her super short skirts but her hair/wig, make-up and color dress or top she had on looked really good on her. Sorry Kelly I wish I could say the same for you but I can't.

Agreed! I do wish she would wear pants once in awhile. Just because you look great doesn’t mean you should wear booty shorts/ body suits/ whatever the heck she wears all of the time. And Kelly looks cute on her talk show but they are dressing her terribly here.

• Love 1