Type keyword(s) to search

The Haves And The Have Nots - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Candace is flat broke and desperate. That's fun to watch. What happened to her quest to find and take down Oscar?. I guess getting Benny to sue the Cryers is easier. 

That place Wyatt is at is only temporary....'member when the guy he's trying to buy the house from said he has to wait until the papers are done and some other crap about when it will actually "close" so in the meantime, Wyatt took a lease out on the place he's at now.....

It looks like that fancy dancy Savannah hotel they all stay at.  One room, bed, couch..... and a bunch of coke head freeloaders. 

Aw geez, the Melissa crap again. Not looking forward to that coming back.

So the hitman was deaf and couldn't hear Ronnie outside talking to the cop? That's what happens when a job gets pushed off to cheap sub-contractors.

Even if Wyatt doesn't die it looks like DA Jennifer's big case has gone up in smoke. Jeffery probably won't testify against his mommy now and Jen was hanging most of the case on his and Wyatt's testimony. I'm betting either Jen will become Kate's puppet or she'll be fired.

Kinda meh cliffhangers, IMO. I'd be fine with Maggie ending up dead and I think Wyatt would probably be better off ODing than continuing to live as a virtual prisoner in the Cryer mansion or a rehab center. Whatever, not only will Jim's political career definitely be over, I don't see how the Cryer marriage would survive the loss of both their children. Especially since they seem to hate each other anyway.

• Love 1

So the hitman was deaf and couldn't hear Ronnie outside talking to the cop? That's what happens when a job gets pushed off to cheap sub-contractors.

And Ronnie walks up to front door like she's about to open it ...knowing that the killer is in there, until the cop shows up.... Wouldn't she be waiting out on the front lawn or something? 

Kathryn threatening Jennifer about her frozen embryo's was really out of left field! I didn't see that one coming. 

The loving family moment between Hannah, Candy and Benny. Hannah finally tells Benny where all of Candy's money came from and he just stands there and says nothing, and just lets his mother get bitch slapped by Candy. (I know, I know, Hannah started it). Benny is one ride or die idiot when it comes to his sister. 

Candy's house...that is one of the ugliest million dollar homes I have ever seen. Are there even any windows in that dull, dreary place?

• Love 3

What got me is that when Maggie saw the guy with a gun staring back at her, why didn't she quickly shut the dam door and start running?? Dumbass....I hope she's toast...

Why does the social worker still look like SideShow Bob and still wearing the same clothes she got her ass kicked in?

How did Jim get Ronnie's wig? The mean cop matron bitch said she didn't know what happened to it.....Guess that was a lie...and why would Jim want it anyway?

Can't none of these women fight in these shows.....Shoulda seen some hair flyin' around and some MO' blood on the floor betwixt Hanna and Candy.....

And I still think Erica is connected to War (who names their kid Warlock anyway?) in a lot more ways than what happened to her sister.....

Hope Wyatt is dead....adds nothing to the show really......

• Love 3

Hannah, yet again, proves she's a great Christian by her actions (slapping Candace in the face) and her words (I'm gonna kill you!).

Maggie's not having a great Day.

People see the word Christian and get it twisted. Just because she has faith that doesn't mean that she can't get frustrated or become angry and with the kind of daughter she has it's hard not to. Hannah is a human being and the only perfect person to ever walk this earth is Jesus Christ. And benny really is a dumb ass.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 2
People see the word Christian and get it twisted.

Not I.

Just because she has faith that doesn't mean that she can't get frustrated or become angry and with the kind of daughter she has it's hard not to.

Of course not, I was referring to her criticizing other people because they act like humans (Candace, Benny, Wyatt, Celine, Kathryn, Veronica et al).

And benny really is a dumb ass.

Now that I can totally agree with!

If Maggie gets killed, I'll give TP credit for a nice fake out. I was sure after the whole "morning-after pill" thing she would end up carrying David's spawn. It would be awesome if dumb-ass gunman missed from that range and still shot Ronnie, who is somewhere behind Maggie.

Surprise Candi didn't drop the nuclear bomb that when Hannah was in charge of her childcare, Candi was molested by one of her boyfriends. Which is undoubtedly one of the reason Candi is so messed up.

Kathryn threatening Jennifer's family both present and future was so badass! I can imagine her flying out West and stomping her eggs in her high heels.

• Love 2

I think offing Wyatt will make for a more interesting storyline because that would mean that Jennifer loses her star witness, which in turn, that Katherine and Jim could plot revenge. Meanwhile, She, Jim, David and Veronica will not be charged for the covering up the accident.

Now that Ronnie knows about Quincy, she has the upper hand against Jeffery; I hope he continues to hold his own. I love it when he tells his mother off.

Katherine is the absolute truth. I love her.  I wouldn't never EVER want to catch her on a bad day, though. 

• Love 2

Not I.

Of course not, I was referring to her criticizing other people because they act like humans (Candace, Benny, Wyatt, Celine, Kathryn, Veronica et al).

Now that I can totally agree with!

They are not just acting like humans they are doing flat out horrible things.and they deserved to be called out.

If Maggie gets killed, I'll give TP credit for a nice fake out. I was sure after the whole "morning-after pill" thing she would end up carrying David's spawn. It would be awesome if dumb-ass gunman missed from that range and still shot Ronnie, who is somewhere behind Maggie.

Surprise Candi didn't drop the nuclear bomb that when Hannah was in charge of her childcare, Candi was molested by one of her boyfriends. Which is undoubtedly one of the reason Candi is so messed up.

Kathryn threatening Jennifer's family both present and future was so badass! I can imagine her flying out West and stomping her eggs in her high heels.

What happened to Candace was a lifetime ago and Hanna put the guy in jail as soon as she found out. Candance can't keep using that at an excuse for the horrible things that she has done and continues to do. 

I think offing Wyatt will make for a more interesting storyline because that would mean that Jennifer loses her star witness, which in turn, that Katherine and Jim could plot revenge. Meanwhile, She, Jim, David and Veronica will not be charged for the covering up the accident.

Now that Ronnie knows about Quincy, she has the upper hand against Jeffery; I hope he continues to hold his own. I love it when he tells his mother off.

Katherine is the absolute truth. I love her.  I wouldn't never EVER want to catch her on a bad day, though. 

Katheryn is all talk I haven't seen her put no work in.

Katheryn is all talk I haven't seen her put no work in.

This is why I'm getting tired of her dramatics and empty threats. Mrs. High Society can't even get her husband out of jail. At least Jim has the balls to actually order hits on people!

I'm wondering if it was lost on Kathryn that Veronica was responsible for having that inmate placed in the cell with Wyatt.

and

Can't wait for Candace to find out that David isn't the lackie she thought and Oscar was David's brainchild, NOT Jim's.

Edited by ihaterealitytv38

Jim and the Veronica's wig for the win.

I could not stop laughing, then he threw it out the cell at pathetic David and I was done.

Totally the most satisfying scene of the entire season.

Veronica dead would have been better, but the wig scene gave me uncontrollable laughter.

I'm not sure where to post because I have no idea what season it is, but I did just watch the 06.21.16 episode and THATHN's are worse than ever!  First things first, Renee Lawless's name was not in the credits, she also wasn't featured in the episode.  Big mistake!  You have very few good actors TP, utilize them.  Same old stuff, really long scenes with really bad dialogue.  There should be a game when any character asks a question, the audience should take a shot.  We'd be bamboozled by the twenty minute mark because these characters can't have a conversation without asking questions.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

First things first, Renee Lawless's name was not in the credits, she also wasn't featured in the episode.  Big mistake!

This show would not be same with out her! Wyatt's dead so I'm sure she will be on. TP  would have a hard time explaining her absence. 

24 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

'm not sure where to post because I have no idea what season it is,

I think we're in season 4. 

Candace is really getting on my nerves with her same old schtick and Benny can't be any more stupid. I like the new, ballsey Jeffrey. David has got to stop with defending Veronica, I can't stand his undying devotion.  

Whoa, they really wanted to make sure there was no question of whether Maggie was dead or not. A couple of shots to the head probably would've sufficed. Such overkill.

Surprised that they started off with two dead main characters. But it looks like they needed the salaries for new characters.

Benny's partner Whats-His-Face needs to lay off the steroids.

Well, well, well, now there's a coincidence. Jeffrey's downlow cop buddy is married to just the right judge. I smell blackmail and so did Jeff. Bet Jeffrey's gonna go all 50 Shades and turn the guy out.

If a professional TV writer cleaned up this script to remove all the circular dialogue, the episode probably would only have been 20 minutes long. It's hilarious. But I guess I'm glad this show is back, basking in its ridiculousness.

Yes, the dialogue heavy scenes seem longer than ever. You would think the HATHN would have become a little more polished by the 4th season especially now that the have the slicker, Oprah-starring Greenfield to compete with. Not convinced Wyatt is dead especially since he has been active in promoting the show recently. Missed Kathryn and Landon.

• Love 1

Includes Spoilers from season premiere & from commercials for next week. 

This show is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I heard that HAHN is the highest rated show on OWN. It is a good show in a soap opera-ey kind of way. I missed Renee Lawless in this episode as well- Catherine is my favorite character. The one I feel the worst for is Benny. He's the one who keeps getting shit on! And he's one of the only ones trying to do things the right way! Now Jim is going to take the houses Candace bought as well as the tow yard. Who gets the worst of that? Benny. Because he's not going to have a place to live & neither is Hannah. No one is going to be able to get custody of Quincy Jr. now. I'm anxious to see what happens when Candace realizes that she isn't going to get her loan. I don't know why Candace didn't tell Benny about War in the first place. Now his tow yard partner guy knows so he should tell Benny. Hopefully. 

I LOVE Jeffery standing up for himself. Veronica is such an evil bitch!!!! David is a good guy- he needs 2 remove himself from Veronica's ass. Maggie's death may finally wake his ass up! Hopefully. Now that Veronica knows about Quincy, she's going to try & make Jeffery go back home 2 Melissa. I'm glad he's using that creep cop to his advantage. I have a better solution though. Candace & Jeffery should just kill Veronica & bury her next to Quincy. That would solve their problem & mine because I wouldn't have to see her disgusting face anymore!  

Because he's not going to have a place to live & neither is Hannah. 

Benny, Hannah, Candice and Little Q are going to move into Benny's tow truck.  Hannah will pick up double shifts at the Cryer mansion,Candice will re-boot the Candyland website and Benny will become Veronica's manservant.

You would think the HATHN would have become a little more polished by the 4th season especially now that the have the slicker, Oprah-starring Greenfield to compete with.

After watching the premiere of Greenleaf, reading how great its ratings were (the highest ever on OWN, in the key demographic), and noting how well it's been received by the critics, I suspect THATHN will have to up its game a whole lot or be willing to look even worse by comparison. Some are speculating that TP will move it to another network, especially since he's already producing his new soap (with a largely White cast, btw) on TLC. Everything about Greenleaf, including the actors and their acting abilities, the production values, the dialogue, and the story progression are excellent and not even in the same universe as THATHN or ILYIW--in my opinion, anyway. I've had my misgivings about Oprah for various reasons but I have say that she's hit it out of the park with this one. Hope someone starts a Previously.TV forum for it.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/26/2016 at 11:00 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

After watching the premiere of Greenleaf, reading how great its ratings were (the highest ever on OWN, in the key demographic), and noting how well it's been received by the critics, I suspect THATHN will have to up its game a whole lot or be willing to look even worse by comparison. Some are speculating that TP will move it to another network, especially since he's already producing his new soap (with a largely White cast, btw) on TLC. Everything about Greenleaf, including the actors and their acting abilities, the production values, the dialogue, and the story progression are excellent and not even in the same universe as THATHN or ILYIW--in my opinion, anyway. I've had my misgivings about Oprah for various reasons but I have say that she's hit it out of the park with this one. Hope someone starts a Previously.TV forum for it.

I agree, I watched all four episodes already on Demand, this is a really good show. 

I see Lynn Whitfield is at it again, playing the mom who puts status/appearances before her molested/raped child.  I know she played the same character in one of TP's movies, I can't remember the name. Good casting, good casting all around. 

Now, if this show wants me to stick around, they better start making some changes to Candice. She better start becoming Erica Kane, still devious but showing continued signs of growth and learning from some, some, of her poor choices.  Or turn her into Vicki from One Life to Live and give her ass multiple personality disorder. Because this current, continued trend is old. 

Most importantly, they better start making Veronica pay, otherwise, I'm about to be completely done with this show. I loathe this character, so loathe her.  She's not on the love to hate watching scale. I wanted her dead, not Maggie.

Edited by represent
  • Love 3

Veronica done got away with too much and David dumb ass still gonna stand by her. Candace is using her kid as weapon against her mother which shows me she doesn't  give a damn about that boy.  I got a feeling she is going to get benny killed. And I am pretty sure Wyatt not dead but he sure as hell need to be in jail. 

I am wondering why there's no forum for Greenleaf around here. LOVE THAT SHOW! It works in ways that THATHN doesn't. Among other things, there are no long drawn out scenes with characters babbling aimlessly. Three episodes in and it's already shaping up to be quite the juicy show.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Syndicate said:

I am wondering why there's no forum for Greenleaf around here. LOVE THAT SHOW! It works in ways that THATHN doesn't. Among other things, there are no long drawn out scenes with characters babbling aimlessly. Three episodes in and it's already shaping up to be quite the juicy show.

I keep looking for Greenleaf also. That show is FIYAH with all the side stories going on.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh man, I love the new, "Come get to this" take-charge version of Jeffrey. You go, J, turn him out.

Hmmm, hopefully the new lady detective isn't also carrying a long, bitter torch for David. Thirsty DA Jennifer's already got that covered.

Sorry but I'm having a hard time seeing the "bright side" to Veronica still being alive. She's like a cartoon villain.

Um, Hanna? Have you met the kettle?

Oh Landon, begging is not a good look for you. Just pick your face up off the floor and try to get on with your life.

And Wyatt's back has given two great performances in a row!

You win the interwebs today.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

I don't think Wyatt is dead.......Dude who plays him says he will be taping clean into 2017.

This eppy moved slow as molasses......Expected more.......too much Hannah "talkin' loud and sayin' nothin'."...

Expected a LOT more with Ronnie and David......

No Candy, No War - screw Oscar,  and Landon bores the snot outta me......

FF'd thru some of  Jeff and stupid racist cop....but glad Jeff's got some Balls O'Fire now.....they finally descended!!

You better fix this REAL DAM GOOD Tyler, or I'mma find out where yo' house is and come beat the goat snot outta you for this.......

Jeffrey telling Landon that he's "not that good" was funny. 

Looks like David might finally be starting to see the light with Veronica.

Candace putting her kid in foster care is unforgivable. What a narcissistic bitch!

Again Rene Lawless knocks it out of the park with her acting skills in that scene with Hannah.

• Love 2

Oh look, Hanna has a new best friend. Ugh, is there anything worse than a crazy, busybody bigot? Especially one who thinks they have some power because they know a lot of cops.

Hanna needs to lay off the caffeine. It's the middle of night and she's going non-stop jumping from one nutty theory to another. She really works herself up into a lather.

Meanwhile, I forget, where is little Q exactly? Candy is lying about the preacher and his wife fostering him, right?

OMG, Benny did not actually whip it out to taunt Veronica. Who--outside of middle school boys--does that? Whatever, he is 100% right about Ronnie while the best she could do is, "I was faking because you have a tiny weiner!".

Poor Katheryn, lost both her kids inside of a few months. Wyatt had his problems but maybe trying to keep him (or Amanda) a virtual prisoner in his own home wasn't the best solution. Now we'll get to watch Kate go scorched earth on pretty much everybody. My popcorn is ready.

• Love 1
On 6/29/2016 at 1:10 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh man, I love the new, "Come get to this" take-charge version of Jeffrey. You go, J, turn him out.

Hmmm, hopefully the new lady detective isn't also carrying a long, bitter torch for David. Thirsty DA Jennifer's already got that covered.

Sorry but I'm having a hard time seeing the "bright side" to Veronica still being alive. She's like a cartoon villain.

Um, Hanna? Have you met the kettle?

Oh Landon,  is not a good look for you. Just pick your face up off the floor and try to get on with your life.

You win the interwebs toda

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh look, Hanna has a new best friend. Ugh, is there anything worse than a crazy, busybody bigot? Especially one who thinks they have some power because they know a lot of cops.

Hanna needs to lay off the caffeine. It's the middle of night and she's going non-stop jumping from one nutty theory to another. She really works herself up into a lather.

Meanwhile, I forget, where is little Q exactly? Candy is lying about the preacher and his wife fostering him, right?

OMG, Benny did not actually whip it out to taunt Veronica. Who--outside of middle school boys--does that? Whatever, he is 100% right about Ronnie while the best she could do is, "I was faking because you have a tiny weiner!".

Poor Katheryn, lost both her kids inside of a few months. Wyatt had his problems but maybe trying to keep him (or Amanda) a virtual prisoner in his own home wasn't the best solution. Now we'll get to watch Kate go scorched earth on pretty much everybody. My popcorn is ready.

Hanna is just trying to find out what is going on with her grandson so heck yeah she is In a lather. She is going to be in even more a lather when she finds out what candy pulled into. As for the cryers it is horrible them losing both of their kids but that is more their fault than anybody else. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Funniest scene of the night! I bet the actors had a good time with that one. They must have had to do many re- takes to keep from laughing their asses off. 

Other funny moment: watching Landon stuff massive amounts of clothes in his tiny suitcase as fast as he can, scared to death he's gonna get his ass kicked again. 

Katherine alone in that house getting the news in the middle of the night. So sad and depressing. When is Jim gonna the hell out of jail? That's no way to treat a judge! lol, Especially when his son is dead laying practically upside down in the swankiest hotel in Savannah and Jim still doesn't even know it yet. 

• Love 2

Other funny moment: watching Landon stuff massive amounts of clothes in his tiny suitcase as fast as he can, scared to death he's gonna get his ass kicked again. 

That was hysterical.  Part of me is wishing some of these actors are trying to add something to the scene that isn't on the page.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mommalib said:

Hanna is just trying to find out what is going on with her grandson so heck yeah she is In a lather. She is going to be in even more a lather when she finds out what candy pulled benny into. As for the cryers it is horrible them losing both of their kids but that is more their fault than anybody else. 

Wonder what kind of tree Hanna planted to end up with Candace and Benny? One is as dumb as a box of rocks and twice as gullible, and the other is a walking bundle of evil.

Wow, even in grief Katheryn has no problem exercising her rich lady privilege and taking advantage of Hanna's compassion. But OTOH, Hanna sort of set herself up for it---IMO--by rubbing her piety in Katheryn's face.

Why didn't Mitch simply tell Benny what he saw with War and Candace instead of beating around the bush? But at least Mitch now sees what a naive fool Benny is. Meanwhile, since Benny knows War is a gangster he should send him to deal with David so the phones get fixed.

Veronica has straight up lost her mind. She is 100% insane and bordering on looking like a cartoon villain.

How did things go from Jeffrey running his cop pal Justin to Justin running him? But OMG, Jeffrey's floral jacket was everything. Meanwhile, Melissa might not even be pregnant anymore, or at least not with Jeffrey's baby.

Re the previews, okay Melissa, now you're talking. Somebody needs to take Ronnie out. Now it's just a matter of who can do it without getting themselves killed, arrested, or whatever.

• Love 2

So War's full name is Warren! 

Jim is still in jail. Is somebody going to do something with him or what? Why can't David get him out of there? I can't even try to make sense of this show anymore.

Hannah is a fool for letting Kathryn persuade her in to breaking the news to Jim. Benny is just a fool, period. I'm beginning to think that kid has a couple of screws loose. 

Curious to see what Jeffrey's reaction is going to be when he finds out his one true love Wyatt is dead.  

• Love 2

Somebody needs to take Ronnie out.

Well, that's what they're leading up to, right?  A who shot crazy Ronnie cliffhanger.  So far the suspects are...the entire cast!

• Jim and Katheryn - for orchestrating the sexual assault in prison.  I know K doesn't know yet, but I'm betting she finds out.
  • David - for setting up Maggie.
  • Jeffrey - for insulting his floral jacket.
  • Candace and Benny- for blackmailing Candace.
  • Melissa - she wants to bring Ronnie down!
  • Hannah - for insulting Hannah's work wig and for banging Benny.
  • Landon - for always putting Jeffrey down, and for killing Maggie.  He's still in town, trying to close that overstuffed suitcase.
  • And everybody else in Savannah including The Lady Chablis...
  • Love 2

Ugh! Enduring all the line repetition and pregnant pauses throughout this episode (no, throughout the season) outweighed what should have been a satisfying scene tonight. I've been waiting for Jeffrey to come back at Veronica for years now and when it happened- i had no reaction but, "Oh good, it's almost 10:00."

• Love 3

I usually record this, watch it later, ff through any boring scenes (sorry Benny and War!).  I did enjoy the final scene with Katheryn, Hannah, Jeffery and Miss Veronica.  There was a lot going on and I thought the actors were handling it pretty well, despite the shortcomings of the dialogue.

• Love 1

Each scene, for the most part, went on waaay too long for the entire season.  And Veronica's performance has become campy and cartoony.  I wanted Geoffrey to accidently run her over with the car, but I'm satisfied that he stabbed her in the chest. 

Any maybe I'm the only one who can say this, but I want more Jim and Katherine Crier.

• Love 1

Whoa, who pissed in Melissa's corn flakes? Is she suffering from overactive pregnancy hormones?

I must have Jeffrey's jacket. It is glorious.

So now TP is recycling plot lines. Again, some of Candy's dirty money gets taken up as evidence in an unrelated crime. Wonder why she didn't arrange for a hit on War while they were doing the handoff? She should figure out how to pin Q's murder on him. Meanwhile, hope Candy has a gun at home.

FFS, how does Veronica survive getting stabbed in heart? Guess Katheryn's flatware isn't real silver.

• Love 1

I wonder if Candy is going to come up on War's car and take the bags of cash back? Maybe she will take back to the banker, which would kill Jim's plan in taking everything.