Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E08: Lewis Hamilton, Elizabeth Banks, Ricky Gervais, Kylie Minogue

• Start Topic

Together on Graham's sofa tonight: British racing star Lewis Hamilton, fresh from winning his sixth Formula One world title; Hollywood star Elizabeth Banks (The Hunger Games, Pitch Perfect), playing Bosley in the new Charlie’s Angels movie, which she also wrote and directed; comedy superstar Ricky Gervais, starting a world tour of his new stage show SuperNature; and pop queen Kylie Minogue, who chats and performs a special version of her No.1 hit single Slow.

Graham's jokes at Prince Andrew's expense were very funny. I wish he'd been a bit more brutal, but that's not really Graham. He's more naughty than vicious, at least on his show.

Elizabeth Banks's game was as boring this time as it was the original time. 

Lewis Hamilton is always a really interesting interview. I like that he wants to open up racing and diversify it.

Does anyone else have trouble recording Graham's show? I don't know if it's BBCA or my DVR or what, but nearly half of my show was garbled, and this happens regularly. It's annoying.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Elizabeth Banks's game was as boring this time as it was the original time. 

I like her, and I like her laugh, but that game is lame.

Lewis Hamilton is always a really interesting interview. I like that he wants to open up racing and diversify it.

Ricky Gervais literally on the edge of his seat listening to him.  That's what I love about this show.

I'm trying to think of who else can be on the casual sitter couch--Ricky Gervais and Helena Bonham-Carter need a third.

Does anyone else have trouble recording Graham's show? I don't know if it's BBCA or my DVR or what, but nearly half of my show was garbled, and this happens regularly. It's annoying.

FWIW, I get it via DirecTV and it works fine.

• Love 1
On 11/30/2019 at 4:51 PM, dubbel zout said:

Never had an issue with my X1 DVR. 

I thought Elizabeht was a bit interrupty in the first segment, kept cutting Ricky off, but she got better. 

Good episode. Always love when Ricky is on. Looking forward to his new special. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, christine falls said:

I thought Elizabeht was a bit interrupty in the first segment, kept cutting Ricky off, but she got better. 

Good episode. Always love when Ricky is on. Looking forward to his new special. 

Elizabeth almost made me turn off the tv.  Typical Hollywood narcissistic personality.  

• Love 3
On 11/30/2019 at 8:05 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

FWIW, I get it via DirecTV and it works fine.

11 hours ago, christine falls said:

It must be the combination of Spectrum and my DVR. And possibly BBC-A, as this doesn't seem to happen with other recordings. Thanks, everyone.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It must be the combination of Spectrum and my DVR. And possibly BBC-A, as this doesn't seem to happen with other recordings. Thanks, everyone.

I have SPectrum too and haven't had problems like that but mine does randomly decide I no longer get Sundance.

I always enjoy Kyle Minogue, and she didn't disappoint this time.

• Love 1

I usually listen to the first 30 seconds or so of every song and then tend to FF. This time was no different. But I'm rather agnostic on Kylie Minogue, despite the fact that "Can't Get You Out of My Head" was the first song I ever bought on iTunes.

I struggle with some recordings of Graham - it freezes and garbles and sometimes goes black.  Spectrum and DVR for me as well, and you are right in that it rarely happens for other shows.

• Love 1

Why do women go on talk shows wearing such short dresses that they're constantly pulling them down and always have to keep their legs crossed?

Who the hell told Lewis Hamilton that his shirt was a good idea?

I'm only a couple of years older than Kylie Minogue and I can tell you that I don't sing like a three year old.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 2
On 12/14/2019 at 5:28 AM, Brookside said:

Why do women go on talk shows wearing such short dresses that they're constantly pulling them down and always have to keep their legs crossed?

Who the hell told Lewis Hamilton that his shirt was a good idea?

I'm only a couple of years older than Kylie Minogue and I can tell you that I don't sing like a three year old.

She sucks. You have to wonder just how some of these people got recording contracts.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:33 PM, sharifa70 said:

Ricky Gervais has the best smile and the best laugh in all of entertainment. I don’t always appreciate his raunchier jokes, but I can watch him laugh for eternity.

And the laugh is made even better when he's leaning back with his hands on his belly, and they jiggle.

• LOL 1