Type keyword(s) to search

Jim Henson's Labyrinth Mafia

• Start Topic

Update:

The game will resume on Monday 30th with Twilight. If you have a Twilight ability please keep an eye on this topic until you see the announcement as I'm unable to provide an exact time when it'll commence.

Hope everyone had a merry christmas!

• Love 1

Twilight has landed folks! 

The Twilight action window will be open for 12 hours to submit Twilight actions. Game discussion can *continue until the Night story is posted.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any unique ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

*LOL giphy.gif

On 12/24/2019 at 9:37 AM, Hanged Man said:

Great while I was typing this the other anagram generator came back with 166667 results. be back in a bit

Is the analysis back on the 166,667 results?

The word eagle came back and Machia is the only one who has eagle in their profile, but the rest is pretty weak. I am not sure I would feel comfortable starting a DL on that.

Edited by Hanged Man
edited becuase i wasn't paying attention when I typed this

We can't start a DL based on it anyway because it's Twilight.. but say it isn't an anagram... say it's a clue in itself.  From the top definition on Urban Dictionary: 

keeping it real

Not being fake or influenced. Being true to yourself and your values, but more importantly, being true to innate values that all people acknowledge as respectable. Not frontin, or inhibiting yourself or pretending to be something your not; but also not following dominant values that should not be acceptable.

Honesty, doing the right thing, genuineness, fairness and reasonability are generally aspects of keeping it real. Gandhi kept it real because even though his acts were controversial or illegal, they were never harmful and society now knows he was doing the right thing.

Gandhi is one of the people @Machiabelly would invite to dinner, but pretty thin there. 

None of us have listed "frontin" as our weakest qualities...

Keeping it Real was a 2003 movie, but it doesn't seem to match any profiles (as far as actors). Link The longest anagram for "keeping it real, yo" was granitelike and no one listed being solid as a rock in their profile.

The other part that stuck out to me phrase wise was "What's said is said." But I can't find a tie in for that in profiles either.

Just now, deaja said:

The other part that stuck out to me phrase wise was "What's said is said."

This one's directly from the film.  

I keep going back to Murray in Clueless with the keeping it real comment... 

...but no Clueless, no Donald Faison, no Scrubs in any profiles.   

25 minutes ago, Drogo said:

This one's directly from the film.  

I keep going back to Murray in Clueless with the keeping it real comment... 

...but no Clueless, no Donald Faison, no Scrubs in any profiles.   

The characters' name was Murray, which is a match to JTMacc (favorite actor is Bill Murray). However, seeing as JTMacc is already dead and a hero, I don't think that is the clue. I'm trying to think of anything else Clueless related to look for. I've already done Murray, Cher, Dionne.

@SVNBob’s favorite tv show is Survivor which is arguably the first big “realty” competition show? Keeping it real yo? Yeah I’m not convinced either. But other than Festivus’s best quality it’s the first thing that popped into my head as in “I wonder if anyone has a reality show as their favorite” then I looked and found Bob’s. 

It's been an extra long Twilight as I figured it'd be better to get all the new year gubbins over and done with before going into Night. Btw, Happy New Year mafioso's! And as nothing significant happened during Day:

fJBgURu4bWoEhED3SLXg9xPvCPlq79avnAx-VNCE

Twilight you gone. Night is upon us.  IT DARK AGAIN, YO.

You have 24 hrs as of now to submit Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any active ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

Living players: Dazed & A-Mazed

1. The Crazed Spruce
  2. Drogo
  3. BizBuzz
  4. Lisin
  5. deaja
  6. SVNBob
  7. Hanged Man
  8. Lady Calypso
  9. Machiabelly
  10. joanne3482
  11. festivus

Dead Players: Making Omelettes in an Oubliette

JTMacc – Ludo - Hero

You are Ludo, a gentle and compassionate creature, who instinctively responds to Sarah's kindness and declares her your 'fwend.' You’re able to magically summon rocks by calling to them. You are also possessed of great physical strength due to your size and build.

Last Will & Testament: Day 1 - No real reasons but early suspicion pointed at Machiabelly, LC, and Lisin in that order. 

Currently, there are 2 hours left before the Night action window closes. By far, the majority of players with one have yet to submit an action. The deadline will not be extended and if we go into Day 3 following an uneventful Night as a result of this, expect a super-short story!

do it best gif GIF

shaking get it together GIF

• Love 1

Day 3

All Bark And No Bite

Inside Jareth’s castle Toby was crying with goblins all around him. Jareth’s patience had worn thin as he waited for the thirteen hours to pass by. He noticed that everyone was having fun without him, so he got up and joined them by breaking into song:

When the song ended, Jareth quickly grew bored once more. Knowing that a bored Jareth meant a grumpy Jareth and a grumpy Jareth meant a dangerous in a 'let's torture something for fun' way, Jareth, the goblins decided it'd be a good idea to distract his attention with a newly captured prisoner.

“Master, we've caught a disgustingly foul beast” the first goblin told him.

“How disgusting?” Jareth asked nonchalantly.

“Extremely disgusting; it’s hairy, it drools, it stinks and refuses to speak!” goblin two answered.

“Not even its name?” Jareth asked sitting up.

“No master”

“Bring this beast before me. You can rest assured I’ll make it talk” Jareth ordered, relishing the prospect of torturing something.

The beast was marched into the hall, goblins poked at it and it began to whine.

“Enough!” Jareth ordered, then looked at the creature and covered his nose with a hankerchief, “My, you truly are an ugly, smelly beast aren’t you?” he said rhetorically.

“You live beside the Bog of Eternal Stench; I’d recognise that foul odour anywhere”

The creature cowered.

Spoiler

anigif_enhanced-879-1446780387-14.gif?do

“Come now, what’s your name? Don’t keep us all in suspense” by now the entire room had gone quiet and all eyes were on Jareth, which was just how he liked it.

The creature barked a few times, which startled the nearby goblins. Jareth held a hand up, “I understand the beast. Ambrosius you say. Hmm, well ‘Ambrosius’ what am I to do with you?”

Ambrosius barked again.

“Set you free?! Why on earth would I do such a thing?” he considered for a few moments, then said, “Perhaps…but it would depend on whether you can pay my price. And before you ask, I will tell you exactly what that price is; tell me all about Sarah. I want to know what’s she’s doing, who’s helping her and what her plans are”

Ambrosius barked defiantly. The goblins gasped.

Jareth stood, “It seems we have a defiant one here, and we all know what we do with defiant ones” he laughed malevolently.

The goblins were silent; each one not wanting to draw attention to themselves.

Jareth noted that none had laughed with him, he eyed them, “Well?!!?!” he said intimidatingly.

The room erupted in laughter instantly, and Jareth laughed again.

“Hanging you upside down over the Bog of Eternal Stench would obviously have no effect so instead….perhaps spending some time as a goblin will loosen that drooling tongue” Jareth smirked.

With a wave of his hand, he transformed Ambrosius into a goblin.

===================================================

Important: Reminder, no character hinting is permitted in this game. If the game mods believe you have posted a hint you will be mod-killed so please be careful what you say.

There is 1 clue hidden somewhere in this story. You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a DL is completed beforehand.

6 votes are required to complete a DL.

Living players: Dazed & A-Mazed

1. The Crazed Spruce
  2. Drogo
  3. BizBuzz
  4. Lisin
  5. Deaja
  6. SVNBob
  7. Hanged Man
  8. Lady Calypso
  9. Machiabelly
  10. joanne3482

Dead Players: Making Omelettes in an Oubliette

JTMacc - Ludo - Hero

You are Ludo, a gentle and compassionate creature, who instinctively responds to Sarah's kindness and declares her your 'fwend.' You’re able to magically summon rocks by calling to them. You are also possessed of great physical strength due to your size and build.

Last Will & Testament: Day 1 - No real reasons but early suspicion pointed at Machiabelly, LC, and Lisin in that order. 

festivus - Ambrosius - Doctor - Hero

You are Ambrosius, a cowardly old English sheepdog and the mount of Sir Didymus. You seem to resemble Sarah's dog, Merlin. You have more sense than your master.

Last Will & Testament: No Will submitted.

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Ok let's kill someone. 

I am normally loathe to DL without knowledge, but I feel that if we don't do something, we will get picked off one by one.

I have no ideas but will listen to anyone who does.

5 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Don’t keep us all in suspense

sus·pense:  a state or feeling of excited or anxious uncertainty about what may happen.

@deaja has anxiety as her weakest quality.  That's the best I've got, so I'm putting this here to see what it catches. 

1 to DL deaja (Drogo) 5 to dance magic dance

I agree with needing to do something.

And I tentatively agree with the DL. 

But having experienced too many Days passing quickly with minimal activity on my own part, I'm holding off on voting until more voices are heard.  Mainly @deaja's at this point though.  I don't want to wall anybody off.

Edited by SVNBob

This is as good as anything else for me right now. 
3 to DL Deaja (Drogo, Machiabelly, Lisin) 3 try something.

FWIW I’m not against more discussion but my work PC isn’t allowing me to access the site and I want to make sure I did something before Day ends. 

8 hours ago, SVNBob said:

I'm holding off on voting until more voices are heard.  Mainly @deaja's at this point though.  I don't want to wall anybody off.

8 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

@deaja seems as likely as anyone, but I'd like to hear from her before I decide one way or another.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm totally game for a @deaja DL, but I also want to hear from her first before jumping on.

Wow, that's a lot of 'let's wait and hear what she has to say' in a game where we know players can't really say anything.  Now I'm thinking @deaja is probably a Hero and one of the above is no good. 

@deaja do you have any information or powers that would be useful for the Heroes?  Who should we DL?  Of the above I'm leaning towards @The Crazed Spruce just for that CYA co-sign on the comment right above his, but can be swayed.. 

2 to DL Deaja (Machiabelly, Lisin) 4 to get it done

1 to DL Spruce (Drogo) 5 to choose a new dance-magic-dance partner

*Cross-posted with Lisin but edited to add her vote in.

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 1

I'm not a villain.  I'm not allowed to hint at my role, but it is my understanding that I am allowed to hint at my ability.  I don't see how this will necessarily clear me, but I can trade a little information to try to prove I am trustworthy.  

This game has no players that aren't on a hero/villain team (aka no serial killer or anything like that). 

Other than that, I don't know what to say. Every clue I think I found turns out to be canon.  I thought Jareth's impatience stuck out in this story, but when I looked through the player profiles, the only ones with impatience listed are not players, but game runners. "Bog of Eternal Stench" sticks out to me, but I have the feeling that will be actually story as well.

3 minutes ago, deaja said:

I thought Jareth's impatience stuck out in this story, but when I looked through the player profiles, the only ones with impatience listed are not players, but game runners.

I confess; I'm the goblin king. 

Oh wait, you meant in the GAME. 

Nevermind.

• Useful 1
Just now, deaja said:

I don't see how this will necessarily clear me, but I can trade a little information to try to prove I am trustworthy.

This game has no players that aren't on a hero/villain team (aka no serial killer or anything like that). 

You're off my radar now anyway, but that's very good intel.  

2 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I confess; I'm the goblin king. 

Oh wait, you meant in the GAME. 

Nevermind.

When I saw that you quoted me, I was like "Oh no, did I just get mod-killed because I said something I shouldn't have?" I'm relieved.

And because I don't have any better ideas based on the story but don't want the heroes to continue to be picked off one by one, I'm willing to try this.

2 to DL Deaja (Machiabelly, Lisin) 4 to get it done

2 to DL Spruce (Drogo, Deaja) 4 to choose a new dance-magic-dance partner

Ok. I’m still around and because of reasons I’m trusting @Drogo so I’m gonna swap my vote. 

1 to DL Deaja (Machiabelly) 5 to get it done

2 to DL Spruce (Drogo, Lisin) 4 to choose a new dance-magic-dance partner

• Love 1

Honestly, because of my annoyance with how quickly DLs were completed last game, that's why I don't want to rush into a DL this time. I am not a Villain, either.

The only clue I had found was on Day 1, with the "on tenterhooks" = anxiety = deaja, but with deaja's post, it's likely that this clears her for me. 

The only thing that kept popping up in this day's story was "defiant" being used a bunch of times. 

10 minutes ago, Lisin said:

2 to DL Spruce (Drogo, Lisin) 4 to choose a new dance-magic-dance partner

Lisin, we must have posted at the same time, so I want to update this.

3 to DL Spruce (Drogo, deaja, Lisin) 3 to choose a new dance-magic-dance partner

17 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Honestly, because of my annoyance with how quickly DLs were completed last game, that's why I don't want to rush into a DL this time. I am not a Villain, either.

The only clue I had found was on Day 1, with the "on tenterhooks" = anxiety = deaja, but with deaja's post, it's likely that this clears her for me. 

The only thing that kept popping up in this day's story was "defiant" being used a bunch of times. 

Could "Defiant" be similar to "stubborn arrogance?" Because I think they're similar and Spruce has that listed as his worst quality. 

Lisin has patience as her strongest, so a slight spin on the impatience I was looking for earlier. But I think the possible Spruce clue is stronger.

Just now, deaja said:

Could "Defiant" be similar to "stubborn arrogance?" Because I think they're similar and Spruce has that listed as his worst quality. 

Lisin has patience as her strongest, so a slight spin on the impatience I was looking for earlier. But I think the possible Spruce clue is stronger.

That was what I was thinking, actually, as I went back through the profiles. It's a stretch, but not one I'm willing to write off.

Ok, so I'm putting in my trust here and throwing a vote onto this:

4 to DL Spruce (Drogo, deaja, Lisin, Lady Calypso) 2 to choose a new dance-magic-dance partner

1 minute ago, deaja said:

TBF, Jareth defines stubborn arrogance. 

I am all for killing peeps just because for whatever reason we havent accomplished jack this game and we need some sort of voting records.

Just some quick vague thoughts:

Bob is still alive, this is weird and suspicious and I am only half joking.

Are we DLing Spruce because Spruce voted to DL deaja?

I had negative vibes towards Machia, and Deaja but since Deaja contributed what I guess is information I can scratch her off my list but Spruce had not shown up on any radar I have or know about.

It does bother me when people just follow Drogo. I have seen games where he was the only possible villain and the heroes were still hesitant to DL him.

Anyway I am going to keep an eye on what peeps are saying

28 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

It does bother me when people just follow Drogo.

So, I don't really get this.  Do I say "let's do (insert thing) because (no reason)" and everyone does what I say?  Or do I bring up clues and start DLs and make discussions happen?  

I have followed so many of you before: co-signed your "clues".. joined the DLs you start.. and I never get called a follower.. but people who join the DLs I start are? 

Even now I'd be happy to listen and consider an alternate course if one were suggested...  

giphy.gif

..but we haven't got all Day.

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

@deajaOf the above I'm leaning towards @The Crazed Spruce just for that CYA co-sign on the comment right above his, but can be swayed..

Seriously? Dude, that's how I always play. I never jump on a DL until I hear from the accused, to try to get a vibe from their response. (And for the record, @deaja, you seem innocent to me.) Just because my first chance to respond happened to follow someone making the exact same play doesn't mean I'm copying them.

And, to be clear, I didn't jump on the Spruce DL until I had a potential clue from the story to back up my reason. I don't tend to jump on DLs unless I'm somewhat convinced. So I didn't jump on the DL just because Drogo said so.

And I should have added this in my other post, but I'm happy to switch my vote should there be more of a case made toward someone else.

1 hour ago, Hanged Man said:

It does bother me when people just follow Drogo. I have seen games where he was the only possible villain and the heroes were still hesitant to DL him.

I have a reason for following @Drogo in this specific instance. Based on that reason I can at least say I believe his intentions are good. He could be wrong but I do trust him in this instance. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't tend to jump on DLs unless I'm somewhat convinced. So I didn't jump on the DL just because Drogo said so.

Oh good, I would hate to think that someone subtly vouching for me would've made joining my DL any more attractive.  LC, you don't need to justify joining one of my DLs until people need to justify joining other players' DLs.  Fast or slow, DLs are an important part of the game and they probably bothered you more last game because you was bad

I could be wrong with @The Crazed Spruce DL but it sure as hell wouldn't be the first time, and the way I see it, with this # of starting players, no SK in play, 2 Heroes down - we're going to be to 50/50 H/V really soon, so we'd better do something.  

We need 2 more..

• @SVNBob you were ready to do something but wanted to hear from @deaja - now you've heard from her and also TCS.  Men of action? 
  • @Machiabelly you were also anxious to kill someone today and save Hero-kind;  how about this target instead?
  • Love 1

And just like that the sun set and Twilight was upon our little community.

P0D.gif

The Twilight action window is now open for 12 hours to submit Twilight actions. Game discussion may continue until Nightfall.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any active ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

until the Night story goes up

That's right!  We're gonna get an actual Night story because something happened today.

This is a friendly reminder if you're a Hero write a will in your player PM and include anything that will be helpful to the Heroes, and if you're a Villain this is a friendly reminder that any Rude AF wills will be met with cathartic vengeance as we kill all your friends/families.  

• LOL 1

This is also a reminder that if @The Crazed Spruce turns out to be a Hero I never said he was definitely a Villain, only that I thought he might be based on what he posted and when.  

At least we'll have some info, though, because something happened.

17 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

6 to DL Spruce (Drogo, deaja, Lisin, Lady Calypso, Machiabelly, HM)

If TCS flips Hero, there's at least 1 but maybe 2 Villains on the DL.  I'd focus on LC, Machia, HM.  Put some pressure there and see what you get.

If TCS flips Villain, there may or may not be a Villain on the DL (willing to bet H's still have majority and I trust the earlier joiners deaja and Lisin) so probably efforts tomorrow should be directed at those who didn't vote.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Drogo said:

If TCS flips Hero, there's at least 1 but maybe 2 Villains on the DL.  I'd focus on LC, Machia, HM.  Put some pressure there and see what you get.

If TCS flips hero everyone who voted should be suspected, anyone can start a DL on a good guy.

If TCS flips Villain only the last few votes should realistically be villains; people hopping on the inevitable to look good. If he is Villain I would say that certainly clears Drogo, and probably deaja and really points at me and Machia,

Though I have seen Villains start and drive a DL on one of their own on day 1 and cruise to the easiest victory ever but this game is a little advanced for that.

I don't know about anyone else but I for one am glad there are some experts playing because I don't know what the heck's going on.  I sort of like Drogo's take ..  but then again, HM makes sense as well.

For the record, I would have been good with a TCS vote, just didn't make it back in time.  

• Love 1