Type keyword(s) to search

Jim Henson's Labyrinth Mafia

• Start Topic

(edited)

Night 3

Once Upon A Time

Bimblehook sat atop his thistle throne and pulled on his pistachio pipe in fuming agitation. He felt frustrated and irked. Bad enough that his kingdom consisted only of a walled secret garden deep inside Jareth’s Labyrinth,

tumblr_lz57h5jdNP1qaw501o1_500.gif

bad enough that his magick was earth based and the Labyrinth itself had little flora, worse still, being disrespected at every turn by Jareth and his filthy goblins had made the title of Fairie King into a joke. So what if he was small and styled his hair and clothing like a glam rock god?! He made it look good. 

e01c32e824bf3a2fba809e58fa29d1bf.jpg

David Bowie Jareth, of all people, had no room to criticise; look at his style; his hair and his clothing (he didn’t want to even think about the bulging crotch)!

giphy.gif

Yet another one of his fairie folk had been murdered by goblins. Enough was enough, this meant war, and he would do whatever it took, sacrifice whatever he needed to, to force Jareth to make the ultimate surrender!

Bimblehook loathed any being who wasn’t a fairie but goblins most of all. He’d heard tell of a human girl who was on a quest to defeat Jareth, and he intended to offer his services to her. “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” Bimby (as his mother had called him and it drove him nucking futz) thought irascibly and pulled on his pipe once more.

However, his first stealthy act of rebellion would be against the Bog of Eternal Stench; he knew Jareth liked to use it as a threat against those who angered him and he wanted to strike at the goblin king. Summoning his magick, Bimby threw down his pipe and stood. His face contorted, he raised his hands to the sky and whispered a spell. This took some time, in which his face went beetroot red, his dragonfly-shaped wings fluttered quickly, his crown slipped sideways and his arms ached and shook. (He’s only little and the Bog is huge, give him a break). Slowly, the algae and other assorted fetid bog scum began to vanish, to be replaced by sparkling spring water, flowering sweet-scented blooms and greenery. Eventually life returned to what had been a festering pustule of a swamp, with fish and frogs frolicking in and around it.

giphy.gif

The Bog of Eternal Stench was no more. “Jareth’s gonna be so annoyed. Petty but satisfying” Bimblehook smiled savagely then plopped down on his throne, worn out.

===============================================

Night has fallen, but it only grazed its knee so no need to worry, it’s fine.

No more gameplay chat until Day dawns. Time to go over to the bar and get pissed! Whooooooo!

There’s now 24 hrs to submit Night actions, please be sure not to miss this deadline.

**Reminder - if you didn’t post during Day any active ability you may have is voided for this Twilight/Night phase.

There is 1 clue in this story.

Living players: Dazed & A-Mazed

1. Drogo
  2. BizBuzz
  3. Lisin
  4. Deaja
  5. SVNBob
  6. Hanged Man
  7. Lady Calypso
  8. Machiabelly
  9. joanne3482

Dead Players: Making Omelettes in an Oubliette

JTMacc - Ludo - Hero

You are Ludo, a gentle and compassionate creature, who instinctively responds to Sarah's kindness and declares her your 'fwend.' You’re able to magically summon rocks by calling to them. You are also possessed of great physical strength due to your size and build.

Last Will & Testament: Day 1 - No real reasons but early suspicion pointed at Machiabelly, LC, and Lisin in that order. 

festivus - Ambrosius - Doctor - Hero

You are Ambrosius, a cowardly old English sheepdog and the mount of Sir Didymus. You seem to resemble Sarah's dog, Merlin. You have more sense than your master.

Last Will & Testament: No Will submitted.

The Crazed Spruce - The Bog of Eternal Stench - Villain

You are The Bog of Eternal Stench, a vile, foul smelling lake in Jareth's Labyrinth. You’re frequently used as a threat directed at people who disobey Jareth.

Last Will & Testament: You all stink!

Edited by SilverStormm
Forgot I was writing a Night story and added a clue!
  • LOL 2

Day 4

giphy.gif

As nothing significant happened overNight, there's no story toDay. Instead, please refer to the Night 3 story for your clue-hunting needs! (Lucky that I accidentally included one in there after all!)

===============================================

Important: Reminder, no character hinting is permitted in this game. If the game mods believe you have posted a hint you will be mod-killed so please be careful what you say.

You have 36 hrs until Day ends and Twilight begins unless a DL is completed beforehand.

5 votes are required to complete a DL.

Living players: Dazed & A-Mazed

1. Drogo
  2. BizBuzz
  3. Lisin
  4. Deaja
  5. SVNBob
  6. Hanged Man
  7. Lady Calypso
  8. Machiabelly
  9. joanne3482

Dead Players: Making Omelettes in an Oubliette

JTMacc - Ludo - Hero

You are Ludo, a gentle and compassionate creature, who instinctively responds to Sarah's kindness and declares her your 'fwend.' You’re able to magically summon rocks by calling to them. You are also possessed of great physical strength due to your size and build.

Last Will & Testament: Day 1 - No real reasons but early suspicion pointed at Machiabelly, LC, and Lisin in that order. 

festivus - Ambrosius - Doctor - Hero

You are Ambrosius, a cowardly old English sheepdog and the mount of Sir Didymus. You seem to resemble Sarah's dog, Merlin. You have more sense than your master.

Last Will & Testament: No Will submitted.

The Crazed Spruce - The Bog of Eternal Stench - Villain

You are The Bog of Eternal Stench, a vile, foul smelling lake in Jareth's Labyrinth. You’re frequently used as a threat directed at people who disobey Jareth.

Last Will & Testament: You all stink!

So, as a refresher, here's where we were on the last DL (where a villain was killed):

Voted for DL:

Drogo, Deaja, Lisin, Lady Calypso, Machiabelly, HangedMan

Did not vote for DL:

BizBuzz, SVNBob, joanne3482

I make no conclusions based on the above because obviously villains can vote to DL other villains and heroes can miss jumping on a DL for a number of reasons.

2 minutes ago, BizBuzz said:

Wait, what?  What sort of powers are these?

I am more confused than ever.  

Lost.

I'll take a shot at this.. We only got a Night story last Night because we DL'd someone during the Day... it looks like the Villains didn't submit a Night kill, so no Day story.  If there was a failed attempt, the story would mention it.  (*Well at least that should confirm I'm not a Villain, because I never forget to kill somebody.)

I'm suspicious of a few players and will definitely start a DL on one... 

For right now, though... who else here knows what the Bog of Eternal Stench's power was?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I'll take a shot at this.. We only got a Night story last Night because we DL'd someone during the Day... it looks like the Villains didn't submit a Night kill, so no Day story.  If there was a failed attempt, the story would mention it.  (*Well at least that should confirm I'm not a Villain, because I never forget to kill somebody.)

I'm suspicious of a few players and will definitely start a DL on one... 

For right now, though... who else here knows what the Bog of Eternal Stench's power was?

That sounds about accurate. 

I have a couple of suspicions of my own but I'm looking through the Night story first to see if I can find any clues.

Okay so @Hanged Man and @BizBuzz- I'm starting a DL on one of you toDay.  First of you two to ring in with the correct 2 words to complete the bolded Labyrinth quote below won't be on the front end of my DL string. (Don't answer unless you're HM or Biz though, peanut gallery, because I'm not getting paid by the trivia question here..)

"If you dip so much as ____ _____ in the Bog of Eternal Stench, you'll SMELL BAD... forever!"

If one is a Hero, I think they'll come forward to answer.  If one (or both) is a Villain, the team may suggest avoiding it (as they might look too defensive.)

In a game without hinting, we have to do what we can to identify the bads.  

@BizBuzz and @Hanged Man I'll make it a little easier for you--    "If you dip so much as o___ t___ in the Bog of Eternal Stench, you'll SMELL BAD... forever!"

...Let's wait and see if there's a good one among them. 

9 hours ago, deaja said:

heroes can miss jumping on a DL for a number of reasons.

Like the DL getting completed before a Hero can return and vote.  As it was (and usually is) in my case.

2 hours ago, deaja said:

I have been eyeing Biz Buzz anyway since I thought I found a clue on her earlier.

Have you mentioned this possible clue before?  What was it?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Like the DL getting completed before a Hero can return and vote.  As it was (and usually is) in my case.

Have you mentioned this possible clue before?  What was it?

I couldn't remember what it was, but I found it. But then I believe @Drogo said it was canon so it was a moot point.

Getting itchy to start a DL, so...  if neither of my suspects has rung in with the correct answer by noon ET (~2.5 hours from now) I'll start/join either one's DL today and the other's tomorrow.   I posted the question 12 hours ago, so I think by then they both definitely should've had a chance to see it/type two little words to save their hide.  (If neither one comes back, they're probably both Villains.)

*My gut's still telling me that one is good and one is bad, I'm just not sure which is which.  

Time's up.  

1 to DL @Hanged Man (Drogo)  4 to not play games 

I'm still willing to switch if he comes forward to redeem himself.  Leaving the option out there.

Cross-posted with @Lisin - updating #s-- 

2 to DL @Hanged Man (Lisin, Drogo) 3 to something something 

Edited by Drogo
Updating vote count.
  • Love 1

Honestly, I was leaning more toward @BizBuzz for a couple of reasons....buuuut I'm also willing to jump in and to do something about it.

However....here's the thing....this may make me sound bad if @Hanged Man turns out to be a Villain, but I...don't know if I feel like HM is a Villain. I don't even know why I feel this way. It's why I gotta, for the moment, deviate and throw a vote onto BizBuzz. 

To be clear, I am absolutely willing to switch my vote to Hanged Man, especially once it gets closer to the deadline. Maybe I'll be too late if someone else jumps on the Hanged Man DL. 

4 to DL @Hanged Man (Lisin, Drogo, Deaja, joanne3482) 1 to something something 

1 to DL @BizBuzz (Lady Calypso), 4 to get two balls rolling

8 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

Since I've resigned myself to complete and utter incomprehension of this I'll join the bandwagon. 

You can ask questions and we'll answer.  Are you reading any past games?  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

You can ask questions and we'll answer.  Are you reading any past games?  

I have. Something about this is just not clicking in my head. I'm sure there will be a moment where it will all come together and I go OH THAT'S what's going on. I definitely agree with the explanation that says the best way to understand the Mafia game is to play the Mafia game. 

Thinking about why your post about never "getting" this game irked me, I remembered doe-eyed newcomers Festivusterrymct and peach who all Villainized under a similar 'What sorcery is this?' umbrella.

3 to DL @Hanged Man (Lisin, Deaja, joanne3482) 2 to something something 

1 to DL @BizBuzz (Lady Calypso), 4 to get two balls rolling

1 to DL @joanne3482 (Drogo) 4 to not fall for this again

... Heroes, I believe there's a chance all three of these are Villains... but right now 2 of them would have no Night powers if we DL joanne (because HM and Biz haven't posted during Day.)  Switch over with me. 

Edited by Drogo
Fixed @mentions
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Thinking about why your post about never "getting" this game irked me, I remembered doe-eyed newcomers Festivusterrymct and peach who all Villainized under a similar 'What sorcery is this?' umbrella.

Also me. I also used to do this, way back when I was first Mafia'ing. I forgot that I used to play that way until I recently went back to re-read old Mafia games.

That's why I didn't jump onto the Hanged Man vote. Joanne jumping on so quickly DID add suspicion. 

Also, BizBuzz DID actually post so Biz definitely would be able to use a Night/Twilight vote. HM, on the other hand, wouldn't. 

But, because I'm leaning toward your opinion, I'll switch.

3 to DL @HANGED MAN (Lisin, Deaja, joanne3482) 2 to something something 

2 to DL @joanne3482 (Drogo, Lady Calypso) 3 to not fall for this again

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Honestly, I was leaning more toward @BizBuzz for a couple of reasons....buuuut I'm also willing to jump in and to do something about it.

However....here's the thing....this may make me sound bad if @Hanged Man turns out to be a Villain, but I...don't know if I feel like HM is a Villain. I don't even know why I feel this way. It's why I gotta, for the moment, deviate and throw a vote onto BizBuzz. 

To be clear, I am absolutely willing to switch my vote to Hanged Man, especially once it gets closer to the deadline. Maybe I'll be too late if someone else jumps on the Hanged Man DL. 

4 to DL @Hanged Man (Lisin, Drogo, Deaja, joanne3482) 1 to something something 

1 to DL @BizBuzz (Lady Calypso), 4 to get two balls rolling

5 minutes ago, Drogo said:

3 to DL @HANGED MAN (Lisin, Deaja, joanne3482) 2 to something something 

1 to DL @BIZBUZZ (Lady Calypso), 4 to get two balls rolling

1 to DL @JOANNE3482 (Drogo) 4 to not fall for this again

... Heroes, I believe there's a chance all three of these are Villains... but right now 2 of them would have no Night powers if we DL joanne (because HM and Biz haven't posted during Day.)  Switch over with me. 

@Lady Calypso can you share some of the reasonings for Biz? I mean if it’s just guy that works too. 

@Drogo I’m good with that thought process but also I’m on mobile and having trouble copy/pasting. will you please add me to the Joanne dl? 

To be clear 2 to dl Joanne (Drogo, Lisin) 3 to something something. 

• Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Also, BizBuzz DID actually post so Biz definitely would be able to use a Night/Twilight vote. HM, on the other hand, wouldn't. 

You're right - that wolfy post right after the story about "what just happened" - oh well

Let's at least finish it up before HM gets a chance to activate powers.  @Lisin you down?  

We're so n'sync today, Lis, Cross-posting like a mother.

2 to DL HANGED MAN (Deaja, joanne3482) 3 to something something 

3 to DL JOANNE3482 (Drogo, Lady Calypso, Lisin) 2 to not fall for this again

How about you @deaja ?  @Machiabelly you helped us take out the first Villain, are you game for this DL? 

Edited by Drogo
Adding Lis' vote.
  • Love 2
Just now, Lisin said:

@Lady Calypso can you share some of the reasonings for Biz? I mean if it’s just guy that works too. 

Sure! I went back to re-read some of Biz's posts for this game and a lot of them just seemed a bit fishy to me. Now, maybe it's just because Biz genuinely missed the DLs and hasn't been able to be on a lot for this game, but it's incredibly convenient that Biz gets on just as the Day starts, posts something cryptic, and then missed out on the Spruce DL and commented on how they just missed out on it.

Maybe I'm equating it to how I personally used to play. I'd say that kind of stuff as a Villain. 

Also, to get a bit more concrete, I found a potential clue in the Night story? I don't know whether it's necessarily right, but the use of the word "pistachio" in the first sentence. Maybe it's something that's been in the movie (I still haven't seen the movie), but when I think of pistachio, I think of ice cream. And what goes well with pistachio is Caramel. And, in Biz's profile, Caramel/Carmel (dunno if it was an accidental misspelling or not) is under the pet section. 

So, nothing concrete. More like potential guesses/suspicion. I could be off base. Maybe it is Hanged Man and not BizBuzz. Maybe it's neither. Maybe it's both. But that's pretty much why I threw my vote onto BizBuzz. 

• Love 2

I was leaning toward Biz as well, but I like the idea of trying to cripple villains by not letting them post before day ends. 

So I'll bandwagon.

1 to DL HANGED MAN (joanne3482) 4 to something something 

4 to DL JOANNE3482 (Drogo, Lady Calypso, Lisin, Deaja) 1 to not fall for this again

20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, to get a bit more concrete, I found a potential clue in the Night story? I don't know whether it's necessarily right, but the use of the word "pistachio" in the first sentence

I noticed pistachio and dragonfly wings as well, but couldn't find anything in the profiles to really say anything. 

Well @BizBuzz it would appear all guns were on you today but mine.  Of the three suspects, I had the highest hopes for the Queen of Likes to come through.  

No idea why you wouldn't just try to solve my missing words in the quote puzzle. 
You still can, and I'll even make it easier for you:  

If you 
dip so
much as

O N ?  
T O ?  
in the
Bog of
Eternal
Stench,
you'll
SMELL
BAD...
forever!

Just now, Hanged Man said:

Ugh I need to get in here more but work has been killing me

We're DLing joanne for what reason? are we just randomly DLing peeps and hoping we get lucky?

OOF.  Well if there was any doubt that @joanne3482 is with you, that's gone.  

You aren't as concerned with saving yourself though, even when given a clear opportunity.  That raises some questions. 

12 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

Ugh I need to get in here more but work has been killing me

We're DLing joanne for what reason? are we just randomly DLing peeps and hoping we get lucky?

I think there were some clear reasons mentioned above; specifically, the suspicion of gameplay. That's as good as finding a potential clue in a story, in my opinion. 

I do question your need to defend joanne when she very nearly got you DL'd, had I not decided to throw a vote onto someone else. 

But, really, this isn't just a random DL. I've seen random DLs in games before. At least this one has some merit. And especially since joanne has posted since the DL on her started and she hasn't said a word to defend herself.

@joanne3482, what say you before someone comes to finish off the DL? 

• Love 1

@joanne3482 if you can give me the two words that complete my puzzle above, we'll DL someone else.  (Taking my vote off for right now so HM can't close it out and take away your chance.. you have 1 hour to answer before my vote goes back on.)   

1 to DL HANGED MAN (joanne3482) 4 to something something 

3 to DL JOANNE3482 (Lady Calypso, Lisin, Deaja) 2 to not fall for this again

***There's a nice reward for playing my Labyrinth games with me and I'm allowed to say what they are (though I didn't really want to) -- if you're the first to answer it correctly, you won't be a Villain anymore. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Drogo said:

You aren't as concerned with saving yourself though, even when given a clear opportunity.  That raises some questions. 

I don't need to defend myself, I am not in danger. The only one DLing me is Joanne and it looks like she is done for.

To the best of my knowledge, unless there is subtext going on which I am not picking up, we are DL'ing Joanne because she is playing the lost confused don't know what is going on card, correct?

I have seen the lost/confused, hope nobody notices them card played by villains and I just wanted something solid. I like when clues point to people or we catch villains voting for Hero DLs and not villain DLs or jumping on at the end of the villain DL

But isn't it: "But the worst thing is, if you so much as put a foot in the Bog of Stench, you'll smell bad for the rest of your life. It'll never wash off."

You're implying the answer is "one toe." 

You could possibly make the argument for Drogo.  The story mentions pistachio pipe. Pistachios are grown in Turkey and Italy, both countries on the Mediterranean which is where Drogo would like to go someday. 

Edited by joanne3482

Wait I had the wrong answer this whole time?  Well shit that's embarrassing. 😄 

As promised --

• 1 to DL HANGED MAN (joanne3482) 4 to something something 
  • 3 to DL JOANNE3482 (Lady Calypso, Lisin, Deaja) 2 to not fall for this again
  • 1 to DL BIZBUZZ (Drogo) 4 to not vote for HM, because joanne was going to

@Lady Calypso @deaja @Lisin - my lovely allies, last time, I promise - will you join me over hereon this Biz DL like you wanted originally?  ❤️

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was going to vote for HM because I was following the crowd. But now, because of the pistachio thing, I think Drogo might be a villain, quick to jump on everyone else to throw the scent off.

1 to DL Drogo (joanne3482) 4 for pistachio pipes. 

3 to DL JOANNE3482 (Lady Calypso, Lisin, Deaja) 2 to not fall for this again

1 to DL BIZBUZZ (Drogo) 4 to not vote for HM, because joanne was going to

Edited by joanne3482

...ok, I'm satisfied. 

1 to DL DROGO (joanne3482) 4 for pistachio pipes. 

2 to DL JOANNE3482 (Lisin, Deaja) 3 to not fall for this again

2 to DL BIZBUZZ (Drogo, Lady Calypso) 3 to go with who I wanted to go with in the first place

• LOL 1
22 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

You could possibly make the argument for Drogo.  The story mentions pistachio pipe. Pistachios are grown in Turkey and Italy, both countries on the Mediterranean which is where Drogo would like to go someday. 

jennifer aniston yes GIF

Dang people, I am trying to make a living here ... 

Ok ... I knew the answer was ONE TOE ... but it looks like I am too late, and I don't have time to look for more clues.

I have a business call I have to host in 30 minutes ... so I happen to like the direction it was going with Hanged Man ... I will be the odd man out ... 

2 to DL JOANNE3482 (Lisin, Deaja) 3 to not fall for this again

2 to DL BIZBUZZ (Drogo, Lady Calypso) 3 to go with who I wanted to go with in the first place

1 to DL HANGED MAN (BizBuzz) 4 because I don't know what the heck I am doing and I don't have the time

(If this is still going on when I am done with my call, I could be convinced to go after Drogo, just saying)

Edited by BizBuzz
Forgot to put the number of people left ...
Just now, deaja said:

jennifer aniston yes GIF

I think you're kidding @deaja, but in case you aren't...

1)  @Lisin knows I'm not a Villain. 

2)  We all worked together yesterDay to kill a Villain.

3)  You know there's no SK, so if I'm not a Villain... I'm a Hero. 

4)  Joanne answered my question after learning she would be recruited from the Villains (meaning she was a Villain.) 

5)  When Joanne was a villain, she was perfectly willing to DL HangedMan (so he's probably a 2-kill or protected.  We don't want to vote for him.) 

Join the Biz DL, it's nice over here, I promise you won't be disappointed - you can DL me tomorrow if I'm wrong, but let's be real... I probably won't be here tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, BizBuzz said:

I happen to like the direction it was going with Hanged Man ... I will be the odd man out ... 

And ^this^ cements point #5 (to DL Biz over HM.)

I can say that I do trust @Drogo. All I see from @joanne3482 is some panicking, tbh. I don't think my trust is misplaced. Besides, if Drogo was a Villain, would he have really risked Spruce being first DL out? It would truly be a masterful plan if he had, but that's too much of a risk. 

If Drogo is playing a long game and is a Villain, then kudos because I'm fooled. But I lean toward Drogo being a Hero. 

Plus, I'm the one who really started the @BizBuzz DL so who knows which way the Villains may lean tonight. 

Either way, this Day has certainly revealed some very interesting things...which I like. I'll give myself credit for not ending the DL on Hanged Man and allowing this game talk to happen 🙂

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I appreciate this.  I don't hear it often, but when I do, it's so nice

I'm just saying, you better not break my heart by the end of this game. I don't put trust in people often so you better not make me regret it. 

• Love 1

I'm just going to go with my gut here.

1 to DL JOANNE3482 (Lisin,) 4 to not fall for this again

3 to DL BIZBUZZ (Drogo, Lady Calypso, Deaja) 2 to go with who I wanted to go with in the first place

1 to DL HANGED MAN (BizBuzz) 4 because I don't know what the heck I am doing and I don't have the time