Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Flavor of Westport

Katie teams up with Oliver in hopes of growing her lasagna-making endeavor from hobby to serious business venture. Meanwhile, a bout of writer’s block forces Greg to look at new career opportunities. When a young YouTube sensation enlists Greg’s help to ghostwrite his memoir, Greg is pushed out of his comfort zone.

Air date: 11/15/19

A great feel-good episode. No snark. Putting the "com' back in "sitcom." Everybody wins. Well, maybe not Greg. LOL Have we ever seen their back yard? By coincidence, I'm having lasagna tonight. Not as good as Katie's, I'll bet. How can Oliver help and not figure out the recipe? It was good to see Matt Shively. Will he be back?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Bobbin said:

A great feel-good episode. No snark. Putting the "com' back in "sitcom." Everybody wins. Well, maybe not Greg. LOL Have we ever seen their back yard? By coincidence, I'm having lasagna tonight. Not as good as Katie's, I'll bet. How can Oliver help and not figure out the recipe? It was good to see Matt Shively. Will he be back?

The episodes have really, been great the last month. They have really focused on what makes the characters enjoyable. I did enjoy Oliver getting a reality check on the lasagna on changing it. As the saying goes: "Just because someone wants it a different way, doesn't mean you have to do it their way." 

• Love 8

I really liked Katie and Oliver working together in this episode, they play off-of each other well when Katie is not being dismissive and it was nice that Oliver's business savy attitude was actually useful for once.

• Love 13

OMG, my favorite moment, maybe ever, was Taylor starting to count for hide and seek, and Tripp yells "No peaking!" and pushes Franklin to the ground to run and hide. That was hilarious. Also, the end bit with Tripp hiding under the counter handing Katie the casserole dish. Tripp and Cooper are the best characters on the show. 

Don't get too attached to the smaller antelope, Franklin. Indeed. 

The obnoxious YouTube star is, sadly, only too realistic. That actor has been in a lot of stuff lately, I wonder if he'll be recurring. 

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Tripp somehow knew what a 13x10 baking dish was!

This was my thought as well.

Oliver did have a lot of idea on getting the business going.  15% isn't out of line.  I think he could have made a case for it.

Katie asked for 50 bucks the first time she sold a pan of lasagna.  I wonder why she low-balled the portion sizes so much. 

• Love 3

I loved this episode too.  The "Flavor of Westport" was taken from "The Taste of Westport", which is a similar event where people pay $75 and get to sample dishes made by local eateries.  The profits go to charity.  A lot of towns in CT do this.

So in this episode Tripp surprised us with his knowledge of a 13x10 baking dish but he bombed on the paintball idea.  Greg was not so smart himself in taking him up on that suggestion.  I knew right away that would bomb on him.  Sometimes he can be pretty clueless himself.  Speaking of Deitrich Bader, I just re-watched "Office Space" for something like the 32nd time where he plays Ron Livingston's neighbor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So in this episode Tripp surprised us with his knowledge of a 13x10 baking dish but he bombed on the paintball idea.  Greg was not so smart himself in taking him up on that suggestion.  I knew right away that would bomb on him.  Sometimes he can be pretty clueless himself.  Speaking of Deitrich Bader, I just re-watched "Office Space" for something like the 32nd time where he plays Ron Livingston's neighbor.

Tripp knows measurements and how engines work, which of course requires understanding Math and basic engineering. Yet, he still can't understand how the Otto's are spelled with an O and not an A. The joke worked, but the writers paint themselves into corners between Tripp being so stupid he can barely breath air. To Greg being a college professor, but can't for one second go: "Um... I shouldn't believe Tripp he still thinks my last name starts with an A even though I've shown him my driver's license." 

• Love 1
On 11/16/2019 at 11:19 AM, iMonrey said:

OMG, my favorite moment, maybe ever, was Taylor starting to count for hide and seek, and Tripp yells "No peaking!" and pushes Franklin to the ground to run and hide. That was hilarious. Also, the end bit with Tripp hiding under the counter handing Katie the casserole dish. Tripp and Cooper are the best characters on the show. 

All of this. I 💓 Tripp so very much.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This show actually makes me laugh out loud at the most random things... we have a taste of key west that does the same thing here you buy tickets and sample wines and dishes from local restaurants. 

I know this is cliché and OT but if I went to that I would eat nothing but key lime pie.....YUM. 😉

• Love 2