Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Hooli Smokes!

• Start Topic

I guess if I had to write something into my company's by-laws to prevent my shareholders from fucking me over, I too would only give myself a small window, like two hours, during which to object. It's just good business sense.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I was really “meh” on this episode, and I can’t put my finger on exactly why. 

I feel like Pied Piper owning Hooli was supposed to be some great, big, reversal of fortunes moment, but...meh.

I did like Jared trying (and failing) to hide his feelings at the end, though. 

• Love 1

Having recently binged this show ,I have to say it’s probably just as well that this is the last season. Every plot line is so similar and sometimes I would start a season and think, I just watched this, didn’t I?  I actually think that TJ Miller’s departure made a huge difference and not for the best.  I love Mike Judge and Alec Berg but I think they’ve used up most of the scenarios. Maybe the finale will pleasantly surprise me.

• Love 3

Pied Piper getting Hooli is kind of a decent full circle kind of ending for the show, but so much is changing its hard to figure out who owns what and where people work at any given time now. Its just tiring. 

On contrived as it was, I just love watching Gavin being pissed off over getting screwed, that never gets old. 

• Love 2

Of course Gavin cheats at the triathlon!  I called that he'd have a substitute waiting somewhere -either for the biking or the running sprint.  Loved the chain of "pushers" for getting Gavin's bike up the incline.  

I know this is very sick, and I don't want any harm to come to any animal, but I laughed again this week when the 'previouslies' showed the poor birds kept crashing into the evil billionaire's glass walls.  His complete indifference and lack of emotion to the horror of it is a trademark Mike Judge dark twist.

Dinesh really is a petty guy, but he cracks me up.  

• Love 2

I loved Jared keeping his sunglasses on the entire team. I also laughed at the older guy slowly reading through everything.

Gavin reminds me so much of my old boss, so I really can't stand to look at him.

7 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I loved Jared keeping his sunglasses on the entire team. I also laughed at the older guy slowly reading through everything.

Gavin reminds me so much of my old boss, so I really can't stand to look at him.

As a fellow fresca lover that scene with him was the best! 

And citrus peach fresca, a man after my own heart.  I bet that was refreshing in that glass full of ice and really got him hyped to read every word of those eight pages.  

I mean hyped up in a non caffeinated way, but still, a person can feel pretty capable after a peach citrus fresca!

On 11/11/2019 at 5:56 AM, Corgi-ears said:

I guess if I had to write something into my company's by-laws to prevent my shareholders from fucking me over, I too would only give myself a small window, like two hours, during which to object. It's just good business sense.

Gavin seemed in a pretty desperate position and those investors were eager to sell, so he may not have been able to negotiate more than two hours.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I loved this episode.  It's the little things that keep me watching: Dinesh and Richard doing the math on the $1B; Jared's text to Richard with the cartoons; Jared in the sunglasses as if he's incognito; "buddy fucker"; the lawyer being "honest"; the call backs to the times Richard turned down money; Dinesh listing the horrible thing he's done (including the destruction of the jump rope and getting the candy); Gavin's support team for the triathlon (and still seeing it as beating his personal best). 

Citrus Peach Fresca for the win!

• LOL 2