Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Real Recognize Real

• Start Topic

Brianna gets a paternity test for Braeson. Kayla finally tells her mom the news about her pregnancy. Rachel gives birth and makes a decision about the birth certificate. Ashley and Bar try to revive their relationship with a trip to LA.

Airs November 5, 2019

I'm not even done with the episode yet and Brianna has already scared the crap out of me twice.  First, when her and her mom were feeding the baby chicken wings, of all things?! And then he was sticking the chicken bone into his mouth! Then, when the camera was on Brianna the baby started coughing off screen for a second I was sure he was choking on something. The only reason I didn't fully panic is because something as dramatic as a choking scene definitely would've been shown in the "next week on..." sequence from last week.

Then, during the DNA test, Brianna kept taking her hands off the baby and leaving him on his own, squirming on top of a the bathroom vanity. So many opportunities for a serious head injury.... This show stresses me out.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Quilty said:

Put down your fucking phone Rachel! She's gross,her sister is disgusting,the house is filthy. I can't look away.

That house! I start to itch every time there's a scene there.

Rachel, in the hospital: OWWWWW! It hurts so bad I can hardly hold my phone!

Kayla is just stupid. The end. She is well rid of that asshole Stephan, though. I'll grudgingly give her credit for finally kicking him to the curb.

Why are these young girls getting induced?? this drives me mad! Let nature take its course. Induction can mean a longer and more painful labor.

• Love 9

I hope the non-pregnant lesbian (sorry, can't remember her name or its bizarre spelling) makes up with her family. The brother seems nice and the mother regrets the bad things she said. Plus, she's going to need them because the pregnant one, I am sure, is going to be a nightmare after giving birth and expect her girlfriend to make all the sacrifices.

Brianna and Kayla are dopes.

Ashley has grown up a lot and I fear she also has outgrown Bar. Good for her for not nagging, which would just lead to fights, and leaving it up to him to get his life in order. She's just going to slip out of that relationship like someone going into witness protection and he won't notice until it's all over and they are just co-parents.

Once again, Rachel and her family win the trash-off. That so-called boyfriend is probably concerned about the baby more out of concern for his homie than for the baby mama. Haiseley (what a sad, bad name): Who's my daddy? Rachel: Who the fuck knows? What a shit show. Jesus, take the wheel!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Once again, Rachel and her family win the trash-off. That so-called boyfriend is probably concerned about the baby more out of concern for his homie than for the baby mama. Haiseley (what a sad, bad name): Who's my daddy? Rachel: Who the fuck knows? What a shit show. Jesus, take the wheel!

I was spelling it Hazelee in my head.

Rachel doesn't even know which spotty, mumbly twit is the poor mite's father.

• Love 1

So Stephan tells his mom he never calls Kayla first to see his son, but does answer or call her back when she does.  Aaaaand he's not happy with how infrequently she contacts him, which is 100% more often than he contacts her, to see his son.  And his mom agrees that Kayla is using Izaiah against him?  I guess we see why he is the way he is.  Where's the aunt that told him his grandfather would be disappointed in him?  That's who needs to be influencing Stephan.  Kayla's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would support her in limiting contact between Izaiah and Stephan, especially as he gets older.  For one thing he doesn't need such a violent, volatile male role model, and I'm a firm believer in 'all-in, or all-out'.  It's bad for kids to get attached to someone who is going to let them down and make them feel unimportant their whole lives.  Izaiah isn't important enough for Stephan to make any first move.  I bet Kayla has to bring Izaiah to Stephan for visits, too.  So right now all Stephan has to do is return a call and go nowhere, any more than that is just too much.  That guy is awful. 

• Love 14
On 11/6/2019 at 11:09 AM, politichick said:

I hope the non-pregnant lesbian (sorry, can't remember her name or its bizarre spelling) makes up with her family. The brother seems nice and the mother regrets the bad things she said. Plus, she's going to need them because the pregnant one, I am sure, is going to be a nightmare after giving birth and expect her girlfriend to make all the sacrifices.

Brianna and Kayla are dopes.

Ashley has grown up a lot and I fear she also has outgrown Bar. Good for her for not nagging, which would just lead to fights, and leaving it up to him to get his life in order. She's just going to slip out of that relationship like someone going into witness protection and he won't notice until it's all over and they are just co-parents.

I think it's spelled Teazha. I totally agree, her brother seems like a sweet kid. I do hope her and her mom can make up as well, she's right that Teazha has her whole life ahead of her and does not need to throw in her lot with Kiaya.

Goodness gracious Rachel and her trashy family. I feel bad for those two babies now stuck in that house. 

• Love 3

I’m pretty haunted by baby Emerson watching and listening and turning her head to follow her family members as they scream at one another, slam doors, and storm out of the trailer. Zero adults in the room seemed concerned that Emerson should not be around that. I’m not sure whether it would have been more sad to see Emerson freak out and start crying when her mom abruptly bailed without even looking in Emerson’s direction, or whether it was more sad to see what really happened, which is that Emerson watched it like an interesting TV show, NOT like the only parent she knows vanished. Malorie’s lack of attachment clearly went both ways. A baby that age should cry when their primary caretaker leaves the house. I hope Emerson had a healthy attachment to some adult, but if she did, it wasn’t Malorie.

Edited by IvySpice
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, eskimo said:

So Stephan tells his mom he never calls Kayla first to see his son, but does answer or call her back when she does.  Aaaaand he's not happy with how infrequently she contacts him, which is 100% more often than he contacts her, to see his son.  And his mom agrees that Kayla is using Izaiah against him?  I guess we see why he is the way he is.  Where's the aunt that told him his grandfather would be disappointed in him?  That's who needs to be influencing Stephan.  Kayla's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would support her in limiting contact between Izaiah and Stephan, especially as he gets older.  For one thing he doesn't need such a violent, volatile male role model, and I'm a firm believer in 'all-in, or all-out'.  It's bad for kids to get attached to someone who is going to let them down and make them feel unimportant their whole lives.  Izaiah isn't important enough for Stephan to make any first move.  I bet Kayla has to bring Izaiah to Stephan for visits, too.  So right now all Stephan has to do is return a call and go nowhere, any more than that is just too much.  That guy is awful. 

Yeah, thanks for reminding us of that. I couldn't believe my ears. With a mother like that, no wonder Stephan is such a raging asshole. And no, lady, she does not want to be with your shiftless, no-job, uneducated son. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Birdee said:

Hey, now. I will have you know it's a combination of a Disney Channel character (Paislee) and Ivilee her great-great grandmother (who's probably about 65).

http://www.mtv.com/news/3143088/teen-mom-young-and-pregnant-rachel-daughter-name/

“Her name came from a show that I used to watch, and there was girl whose name was Paisley," Rachel stated, while adding that her great-great-grandmother's name Ivilee was also incorporated to create a new name.

Yup. I would undoubtedly come up with “Hazelee” as a moniker using those two names. The stupid runs deep with these morons. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm sort of proud of Kayla for getting with an educated man, one that actually has goals. He goes to class (although I think he maybe could have missed it for the appointment) but holy crap, he didn't want to miss class!  However If he's serious with basketball and has decent talent but not enough for NBA then she's going to be living a life of her baby daddy playing overseas until he gets tired of it. 

• Love 2