Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Shanna Marie

The Cast in Other Lands/Roles

I was watching "Gotham" and for the last few episodes, there has been a shadowy voice, a female evil mastermind operating behind the scenes.

She finally shows her face, and it's The Black Fairy.  I don't know if I've ever laughed more.  I don't think I can take that actress seriously anymore.

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 1

Watching "Gotham"'s latest episode with "The Black Fairy".  News articles are calling her Gotham's "final villain".  LOL, did she get this job because they loved her so much on "Once"?  Since once again, she's dressed in all black talking to everyone like they're babies.

Edited by Camera One

I'm enacting a Curse which will take everyone from this forum to the "Deputy" message board and you will have no memory of how you felt about Regina.  Bwahahahahahaha.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, Camera One said:

I'm enacting a Curse which will take everyone from this forum to the "Deputy" message board and you will have no memory of how you felt about Regina.  Bwahahahahahaha.

A&E is that you?

• Laugh 2

4 hours ago, Camera One said:

Then we'll see Jennifer Morrison in something and remember everything. But then we won't care what you did to us.

• Like 2

I was watching the extras on The Dark Knight Trilogy set and it showed how they narrowed down playing Batman between Christian Bale, Cillian Murphy and Eion Bailey (August). It showed Eion in Val Kilmer's Batman suit and as Bruce Wayne. I'm so glad they chose Christian.

screen test

Edited by Writing Wrongs
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I was watching the extras on The Dark Knight Trilogy set and it showed how they narrowed down playing Batman between Christian Bale, Cillian Murphy and Eion Bailey (August). It showed Eion in Val Kilmer's Batman suit and as Bruce Wayne. I'm so glad they chose Christian.

Interesting... so Eion Bailey was the "glib" Bruce Wayne.  That sums up why he was annoying as hell as August.  Though he did have the Bruce Wayne look down as opposed to Cillian Murphy.  Maybe it's because I think of him as Scarecrow.

Saw Robbie Kay in a clip from the new show, "The Rookie". Seeing him in a suit just makes me think of when he dressed up as Mr. Gold in the Underworld arc. It's funny that when an actor has such an iconic appearance, it's difficult to separate them from their previous roles. He was probably the best Peter Pan they could've cast, not just for acting skills but for his boyish looks.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Like 2

Lee Arenberg, AKA Grumpy, was in the most recent episode of Americans Gods playing Alviss, King of the Dwarves, who is the tallest Dwarf in America. He is the exact same height he is on this show. I got a very long laugh out of it.

• Like 3

The series Miranda is now on Amazon Prime, and in watching it, I've found myself pondering what Robin would have been like if Tom Ellis had remained in the role, and I couldn't wrap my head around it. I couldn't picture him doing the Regina's lapdog routine. I bet if he ever looked at later seasons of the show, he was thanking his lucky stars that he wasn't available when they needed him again (or whatever reason there was for the recasting).

I guess it's likely A&E could very well have done the same story, though sometimes acting does impact how a character is written.  Tom Ellis exuded a lot of defiance against Rumple in his only episode, something which was very much missing in Robin Hood's interactions with Rumple in 4B.  

Here was an article from July 2013:

Tom Ellis has been recast in Once Upon a Time.

The Miranda and Fades actor was due to return as Robin Hood in season three of the fairytale drama, but is now unavailable and Sean Maguire will take on the role, TVLinereports.

"Although we love Tom Ellis, unfortunately he wasn't available," Once Upon a Time co-creator Adam Horowitz said.

"We remain huge fans of his, but because we have an arc planned for the character, we had to move forward."

Ellis appeared as Robin Hood in season two.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I guess it's likely A&E could very well have done the same story, though sometimes acting does impact how a character is written.  Tom Ellis exuded a lot of defiance against Rumple in his only episode, something which was very much missing in Robin Hood's interactions with Rumple in 4B.  

It's hard to tell since I've only seen Sean Maguire in one other thing, when he played Ian Fleming on Timeless, while I've seen Tom Ellis in a few other things that show a great range. I didn't watch Lucifer, but I've seen clips, and then there's his role on Miranda, which is another end of a pretty wide range. Robin 2.0 was just so bland, and a lot of that was the writing because he was never allowed to have the appropriate emotional reactions to anything, but I also don't think the actor put any subtext into it. It's like he took the script at face value and didn't really show what a real person might have been feeling even if he was saying something else. I don't know if another actor might have done something different with that. Tom Ellis seems to have a lot of intensity in everything, including as the love interest in a very silly sitcom, so would that have come through even in bland scripts that had his character barely shrugging his shoulders at learning his girlfriend was the one who'd imprisoned his wife or learning that his wife had been murdered and he'd been sleeping with the murderer, who was now pregnant? I also have a hard time imagining Tom Ellis Hood keeping a straight face while talking about doing dumb stuff because he wanted to show his son what a hero is.

Failing to secure actors seemed to be a recurring issue on this show. And when they did, they never used them properly.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Like 3

I think I would have found it hard to watch that medical drama even though I like Jennifer Morrison.

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 2

Ginny was really great in her Twilight Zone episode, it was a real treat to be reminded what a great actress she is. Its so sad how this show wasted her talents so much as the show went on.

• Like 1