Type keyword(s) to search

New Names, Old faces: Cast In Other Roles

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, lb60 said:

Anthony Okungbowa (Kofo) was Ellen's DJ for the first several years of her talk show. I remember he was scared to death of birds. 

As a bird owner, this makes me laugh. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Billy Gardell is currently appearing in an Ozempic commercial.  I first saw it during Monday night's broadcast, but I've seen it a time or two since.  https://www.ispot.tv/ad/t84A/ozempic-my-zone-ft-billy-gardell

It’s nice to see Billy Gardell publicly showing an effort to lower his weight ——especially with recent medical information linking obesity to poor outcomes with COVID–– but aren’t those coffee drinks he’s shown buying in the commercial loaded with calories and sugar? I would have thought they would have shown him walking away with a small cup of black coffee.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

It’s nice to see Billy Gardell publicly showing an effort to lower his weight ——especially with recent medical information linking obesity to poor outcomes with COVID–– but aren’t those coffee drinks he’s shown buying in the commercial loaded with calories and sugar? I would have thought they would have shown him walking away with a small cup of black coffee.

Looked like a yogurt parfait and maybe a latte? A latte made with skim milk and sugar free syrup isn’t too bad. Likewise, fat-free Greek yogurt with reduced sugar and with fruit isn’t too bad. I think the point is, if he (we) eats a healthy diet, exercises, and takes meds as prescribed, he/we can still keep blood sugar levels and weight under better control. But yeah, at first glance, it doesn’t look all that healthy.

• Useful 2
18 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Gina Yashere is on “A Late Show With Stephen Colbert” tonight. 

Her accent in real life is definitely more "British" than her character on the show. I checked her Wiki entry and she was born and raised in London but her parents are Nigerian.  I feel rather pleased with myself for noticing! 

Her stories about riding the elevators were interesting; in fact she is a really interesting person.

• Love 5

That interview was not what I expected at all. The elevator stuff was fascinating. She was on The Daily Show as a "correspondent" for a while, and her comedy style doesn't give you any hints that she's got a background as an electrical engineer.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, possibilities said:

She was on The Daily Show as a "correspondent" for a while, ...

I thought I’d watched The Daily Show fairly regularly,  but I don’t remember her at all from that. Was she Trevor Noah-era, or Jon Stewart-era?

• Love 1

Bob’s mom (Christine Ebersole) shows up in the latest season of The Kominsky Method (another Chuck Lorre show) playing,

Spoiler

if you can believe it, an even older, crankier mom. 

Spoiler tagged because it was a lol moment for me and I don’t want to ruin the surprise for anyone. 

5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Bob’s mom (Christine Ebersole) shows up in the latest season of The Kominsky Method (another Chuck Lorre show) playing,

Hide contents

if you can believe it, an even older, crankier mom. 

Spoiler tagged because it was a lol moment for me and I don’t want to ruin the surprise for anyone. 

And Kudos to her for playing older! She did a great job. They may have invited her to do the role in part based on the role she has in Bob Hearts Abishola, but she managed to take a similar role and make it the perfect amount of different for the dynamics of the other show's situation. Maybe at least a support Emmy or other award nomination for her in the near future!

Ebersole is amazing in KOMINSKY METHOD. I only recognized her voice. Even after I knew who it was I still couldn't really see it.

By the way, I've counted up. Vernee Watson has been in no less than seven of Lorre's shows, going all the way back to GRACE UNDER FIRE.

• Love 1