Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: You Give Me Fever

When Carol treats an elderly patient whose tests are inconclusive, Carol must find a way to work around hospital policy to take extra time to observe her. Daniel is embarrassed when his fellow interns find out that he doesn't know how to draw blood.

Airdate: Thursday, October 3, 2019

I also thought this episode was an improvement over the pilot. Nurse Dennis is the best character on this show so far, heh. Carol continues to annoy with her over enthusiasm. And I liked Daniel much better this time around. Jean-Luc Bilodeau had some great lines and I was reminded of how much I liked him in "Baby Daddy."

• Love 3

I really liked this episode. I liked Nurse Dennis pointing out at the end what Carol would do when she had seven or ten patients she did have a good point. Carol did too about the elderly being ignored. I do like seeing Carol so excited after several years of Frankie Heck always tired. As much as I liked Frankie I do kind of wish she had more of that energy. I'm starting to warm up to the other interns. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

Still liking the show so far, but I hope it isn't every week the same - nobody listens to Carol. She trusts her instincts and is right.  Lead Dr and other interns are proven wrong. 

She wasn't exactly right. The test came back negative. Actually, she should have spent more time doing the medical history.

• Love 2

Okay, I remember the two of them wheeling out the patient for a scan of her stomach (buying time by insisting on a social worker) and then I think there was a commercial that I fell asleep during. What was the diagnosis?

10 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Okay, I remember the two of them wheeling out the patient for a scan of her stomach (buying time by insisting on a social worker) and then I think there was a commercial that I fell asleep during. What was the diagnosis?

She was taking meds that she didn’t tell the doctors about that she got from going to Urgent Care and not having a regular doctor. Carol found the pill container in her purse. There was drug interaction.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 2

This show needs better medical advisors. 

1. Heparin does not come in pill form. Carol’s daughter is identifying the pills and points to one and say Heparin. Heparin is an injection, not a pill.

2. While it is possible that the patient got multiple meds from multiple docs, most people just deal with just one pharmacy so I am sure a pharmacist would have picked up on drug interactions,

3. Abdominal CT scans require patient to be fasting for a certain number of hours. You can’t just order a scan and take the patient to it right away. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 6
On 10/4/2019 at 9:50 PM, Pepper the Cat said:

This show needs better medical advisors. 

And better writers and supporting actors (I'm thinking of the interns specifically). 🤣   (I couldn't resist.)

I agree that this was better than the pilot. I'll watch just for fun and if I have time. NOT "appointment TV" in any way shape or form.  I do like it when medical shows make it clear how much our medical system stinks.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 10/4/2019 at 9:50 PM, Pepper the Cat said:

Abdominal CT scans require patient to be fasting for a certain number of hours. You can’t just order a scan and take the patient to it right away. 

No, they don't. I've had many, including in the ER or going directly from the doctor's to the radiologist's. There is the contrast you have to drink, which usually has to be an hour or so before they do the test.  

Speaking of ERs, why was the old lady in a room and not the ER (we haven't been told the interns are working in Emergency, have we)? 

I think I've figured the plot for every single episode: Carol natters on about becoming a doctor late in life (incurring med school debt she'll never repay), blasts her ex-husband (because despite moving on, she's still angry and bitter) and annoys everyone; chief resident tells her to do treat a patient, then move on; Carol disobeys because she's wise and wonderful and a rebel and knows everything; Carol is ultimately proven right.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

No, they don't. I've had many, including in the ER or going directly from the doctor's to the radiologist's. There is the contrast you have to drink, which usually has to be an hour or so before they do the test.  

Speaking of ERs, why was the old lady in a room and not the ER (we haven't been told the interns are working in Emergency, have we)? 

I think I've figured the plot for every single episode: Carol natters on about becoming a doctor late in life (incurring med school debt she'll never repay), blasts her ex-husband (because despite moving on, she's still angry and bitter) and annoys everyone; chief resident tells her to do treat a patient, then move on; Carol disobeys because she's wise and wonderful and a rebel and knows everything; Carol is ultimately proven right.

Pretty much. Patricia Heaton is the star and protagonist of the show. It's CBS' version of The Rookie, where older people have an oversized amount to contribute in careers which usually favor younger people.

• Love 1
On 10/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, andromeda331 said:

I liked Nurse Dennis pointing out at the end what Carol would do when she had seven or ten patients she did have a good point. Carol did too about the elderly being ignored.

Nurse Dennis? I thought Dr. Jacobs was the one to point this out to Carol.