Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
LittleIggy

Dr. Oakley: Yukon Vet

Thought she deserved a forum! 
The porcupette (real name for a baby porcupine) was adorable! It loved that apple sauce!

Poor Tic-tac. 😢 I figured his parents had waited too long. I had a male cat with a blockage. When I googled the symptoms, it said emergency so I took Sami to the emergency vet clinic (it was the middle of the night). Their new cat was a cutie.

I like that Dr. Oakley’s daughters are involved in the practice. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Poor Tic-tac. 😢 I figured his parents had waited too long. I had a male cat with a blockage. When I googled the symptoms, it said emergency so I took Sami to the emergency vet clinic (it was the middle of the night).

I didn't see that from the beginning; how long was he having trouble peeing before they brought him in? 

It frustrates me how many cat owners, especially those with male cats, don't know the signs of a potential blockage and/or understand a blockage is life threatening.  The condition of that poor cat's bladder was horrifying, so while I applaud the owners getting on the next plane to get him treatment once they knew how serious the situation was (and thank my lucky stars I live someplace where specialized care is a short drive, not a plane/ferry ride, away), I also question how the hell it got to that point.  So I'm curious about the part I missed -- I came in as Dr. Oakley did the ultrasound and extracted a copious amount of bloody pee (by which I mean blood with a bit of urine in it, damn).

I feared Tic Tac would not make it through surgery, and kept half an ear out - I had the show on in the other room while I worked in the kitchen - to come back in and unfortunately confirm I was right.  Preventable deaths are especially sad.

• Like 1

Tic-Tac’s parents were back with their dog. Why did they let his ear problems go on for 2-3 months. Poor things ears were so red! Loved the lady taking time out on her wedding day to bring her dog in. Hope Dr. Oakley got all the cancer. 

• Like 1

That poor cat Duelly! Can’t imagine what it would feel like to have the skin slough off your tongue. Loved how he put his head on his mom’s shoulder as she carried him out. Big ol’ sweetie! 
Those bears ended up in a cool place. They were having a blast in that water.

• Like 1

The vet’s pug is overweight! 😆 I wish there had been an update on the Llama. I thought he was gorgeous. 
BTW, anyone watching Dr. T’s show? Is she still baby talking?

• Like 1