Type keyword(s) to search

ebk57

13.5k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

3.8k profile views
  1. A couple people talked about it in the Mondays with Jon thread.
  2. I also did not watch the debate (Mr. ebk was watching, so I went to clean out my closet and watch baseball). I almost didn't watch Jon because he's been annoying me greatly, but I did watch - and he didn't piss me off! I did laugh, and I quite enjoyed the guest. Small pleasures. And a slightly less cluttered closet!
  3. We saw Martin Mull open for Liza Minnelli in Baltimore waaaaay back in 1970 (1972?). We were too young (and dumb) to really appreciate his humor, especially since all we wanted was Liza. We got smarter years later. RIP
  4. ebk57

MLB Thread

Is this what you were going for?
  5. We watched on off-days, or on evenings after a day game 😉
  6. I am so sorry @mojoween! I will miss Mookie Wilson (and I'm not even that fond of cats...mostly because I'm allergic. Mostly. But how can I not love a cat named after a baseball player.) My heart is with you.
  7. When I was going in to the office, I ironed every day. But since I've retired (yay!!!!!!!!), I don't think I've picked up the iron once. I don't mind doing it, I just have no reason to at the moment.
  8. We are beginning to dig out all of the "stuff" in our house and Mr. ebk found an "extra" ironing board. I'd offer to send it, but I think it would be somewhat more expensive than contact lens solution... 😉 Good luck!
  9. It was filmed for PBS's Great Performances about 10 years ago. Don't know if it's available anywhere now. I saw this in NY. I thought she was really wrong for the part, although she gave a good performance. He just didn't seem into it. As for Cats (on stage), we love it - it paid for our house 😄
  10. I was watching "Sleepless in Seattle" last night (after very many years of not seeing it) and the voice of the call-in show that Jonah calls to start the whole plot in motion sounded very familiar - it's Caroline Aaron who plays Pete's wife. I actually saw her last weekend on stage in "Bye Bye Birdie" at the Kennedy Center. She's good. Also, Utkarsh Ambudkar hosted part of the Tonys last weekend.
  11. We watched this over the past couple of days. I know the music, but I had no idea about the history of the company and all the shit they had to deal with. I thought it was really well done, highlighting the musicians, along with the engineers, office staff, and owners/management. A fascinating story that ended all too infuriatingly. I didn't expect to be depressed when it was over, but I'm so glad I saw it. I'll be looking more deeply into the story. I did wish they'd spotlighted the Staple Singers/Mavis Staples more, if only because she's a goddess.
  12. ebk57

MLB Thread

Well, that was a totally sucky weekend.
  13. ebk57

MLB Thread

Put on some Jon Batiste music. Always fun! And in case this helps somehow, I'm not having much fun now either.
  14. I tripped on the sidewalk in SF while out with a friend. By late afternoon, there were bruises around my eyes and my forehead. Mr. ebk was working (we were at a convention) and by the end of the weekend, whenever we went out, people would just stare at us. I kept thinking that if anyone asked me and I told them what happened, they probably wouldn't believe me because that's what people in abusive situations always say. I wasn't in pain, but I felt really bad for Mr. ebk for all the side-eye he was getting. It's a weird feeling, but I do appreciate people being concerned - in the grand scheme of things.
  15. ebk57

MLB Thread

It was cool. Although I'm so old that it didn't seem fuzzy enough to be authentic. Good effort, though. My question is - why is the "home" team wearing gray and the "away" team wearing white? It's the 8th inning and I'm still confused.