Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

Fangirlish Best of 2019 Lists: Our Top Fandoms Of The Year
BY: ERIN E. GROSS  ON: DECEMBER 7, 2019
https://fangirlish.com/2019/12/07/fangirlish-best-of-2019-list-our-top-fandoms-of-the-year/ 

ARROW
8 seasons, countless hours of television – but all good things come to an end. The Arrow fandom doesn’t ever back down. Loyal to a fault. They’ve banned together to support the show, excited for the spinoff, and do one thing that some fandoms never accomplish – stay with it at 100% until the end. Arrow has changed over the years, as has the fandom, but their love for the show, the cast, the story, and each other will always inspire.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

CarterMatt Awards 2019: Jamie & Claire, Oliver & Felicity, Kensi & Deeks among Best Couple nominees
December 8, 2019
https://cartermatt.com/388039/cartermatt-awards-2019-best-couple-nominees/ 

Today the focus here on Best Couple, which is a celebration of that very thing. We’re breaking down some of the best active relationships on TV, why they work, and why we love and appreciate them so much. Note that there’s a separate category at the CarterMatt Awards in ‘Ship of the Year, and that is where we’ll recognize characters we want to see together at some point in the years to come. This Award is for characters who are already together.
Voting rules – You can vote for this award however often you want until the closing of the voting window — all polls close at 12:00 p.m. Pacific time (3:00 p.m. Eastern) on Tuesday, December 31. For more technical information on voting, including how to vote multiple times, read the bottom of this article; meanwhile, visit our CarterMatt Awards Landing Page for all of the 2019 categories, plus a schedule as to when new polls will be posted.
Oliver and Felicity, Arrow – Saying goodbye to Emily Bett Rickards at the end of season 7 was devastating, but there is still joy in knowing that there is more story to tell with this character ever still. Oliver’s journey through much of season 8 could bring him back to her, and we need that reunion to happen! In a lot of ways, this romance is one of the most-important in the entire Arrowverse. It sets the mark high for everything coming after the fact.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Voting options include Ben Lewis (William, Arrow 804) and Katherine McNamara (Mia, Arrow 804) - SA was ineligible because he was an October 2019 winner...

Performers of the Month - November 2019 Voting
Posted by Aimee Hicks at December 09, 2019
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/12/performers-of-month-november-2019-voting.html 

Please remember that a performer can only win once in 2019. After that win, they will be ineligible to win again in 2019, but they will secure a spot in our year-end Performer of the Year contest.

Now comes the hard part where you can only vote for 1 performer. The poll will be live until Wednesday, December 11th at 6 pm ET. After you vote be sure to make a pitch in the comments section for what the performer you voted for most deserves to win.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Wins Best TV Fandom of 2019
BY LAUREN ZUPKUS  DEC 6, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/vote-for-the-best-tv-fandom-of-2019/ 

UPDATE: Every show included in this year's fandom race had an impressive turnout, but nobody came through quite like the Arrow stans! The Arrow fanbase beat out first runner-up Outlander and second runner-up Lucifer and dethroned last year's, winner, Supernatural. Congratulations to the Arrow fans and thanks to everyone who participated!

Quinn Picks: 10 Best TV Shows Of The Decade
Quinn Alexander   December 9, 2019
https://b985.fm/quinn-picks-10-best-tv-shows-of-the-decade/ 

2. Arrow- 8 seasons CW 
The show that started the Arrowverse. The only other show that created this many spin offs is CSI. and these shows have all been successes. The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Black Lightning, and Batwoman. All these shows exist because of Arrow.

10. Luke Cage- Netflix 2 seasons  
9. Community- 6 Seasons NBC & Yahoo  
8. Brooklyn 99- 7 seasons Fox and NBC
7. Scorpion- 4 seasons CBS 
6. Suits- 9 seasons USA 
5. Breaking Bad- 5 seasons AMC  
4. Daredevil- 3 seasons Netflix 
3. The Flash- 6 seasons (so far) CW  
2. Arrow- 8 seasons CW 
1. Parks and Recreation- 7 seasons NBC  

Edited by tv echo

Vote for Oliver & Felicity! ...

Best of the 2010s: Who Was the Most Shippable TV Couple? (POLL)
Meredith Jacobs December 09, 2019
https://www.tvinsider.com/839092/best-tv-couples-ships-2010s-poll/ 

It's almost the end of 2019 and the decade, so we're taking a look back at television in the 2010s with some of the best moments, pairings, surprises, and more.
Take a look at our picks for most shippable TV couples of the 2010s and then vote in the poll below.
Oliver and Felicity, Arrow
Not even Oliver's doomed fate in "Crisis on Infinite Earths" can stop these two from finding each other again, as Felicity promised. We watched these two meet, fight to save the city together, fall in love, get married, and (too briefly) raise their kids together. And there's still hope for a Olicity reunion!

• Love 1

"Mia and Oliver's final talk" currently has 24% of the vote (in the lead so far), and "Laurel and Oliver get attacked by Fyers and his men" currently has 3% of the vote (way back in the pack)...

Scene Of The Week - December 8, 2019 + POLL
Posted by Justyna Kubica at December 08, 2019
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/12/scene-of-week-december-8-2019-poll.html 

ARROW, "Purgatory", December 3, 2019, Actors: Stephen Amell, Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy and more, The Scenes: Mia and Oliver's final talk & Laurel and Oliver get attacked by Fyers
Justyna:
This was such a brilliant episode. There's just so many things worth highlighting from the hour. It's fitting to have Oliver's final mission before the Crisis take place right where his story began - the island of Lian Yu, the Purgatory. During this episode we got to see a significant comic book reference with Roy losing his arm, one more (final?) fight of Team Arrow, an important advice from Oliver's old mentor, but also a lot of goodbye and thank you moments. Next to Roy's tragic loss, these ones hit me the most. In the end I decided to include here in the article Oliver's final conversation with his daughter before Crisis begins. Mia's emotional journey has never made a bigger impact on me than in this episode. The part where William stops her from going after Oliver but she refuses to leave her father alone and finally admits to herself that she can't let him die was especially powerful. I really enjoy the dynamics between this brother and sister duo, Mia opens up to William and he understands her better than anyone else at this point. His words truly get through to her and are certainly a big part of the reason why she's able to understand her father and his decision at the end. It was both heartbreaking and beautiful to see her saying thank you for "letting me be a part of your story, even if it was only for a little while." Katherine McNamara gave a really wonderful and emotional performance during this episode, probably her best one yet. It's clear how much Mia is trying to stay strong, but her voice breaks at the realization that she's about to lose her dad all over again. Their time together has been a gift, but it doesn't make this goodbye any easier. Stephen Amell continues to be a true star of the show this season, he has come such a long way from his first appearance on the series. Oliver's long goodbye has started last season and I still can't believe we're almost at the end. Very soon there will truly be "no Green Arrow stories to tell." I loved Oliver's words about the island, the way he's able to appreciate his time spent there, even though it's painful, because it's a big part of the person he's become. Someone so much better than he used to be. And now he's able to let go of his anger, most of it anyway. It's both too soon and but also finally time for the Crisis. Kudos to the cast & crew of Arrow for all their work on this hour and the series overall.
Marko: Laurel and Oliver get attacked by Fyers & co.

Edited by tv echo

Even though this list is not ranked, it's still nice to see Olicity at #1...

The Top 20 TV Couples of the Decade
By Leanne Aguilera‍ 11:30 AM PST, December 12, 2019
https://www.etonline.com/the-top-20-tv-couples-of-the-decade-137732 

Here are the guidelines that we followed in order to craft this list of elite couples...

1. Only one couple per show.
2. All couples were eligible, but they had to be on-screen canon (i.e. no fan-fiction couples). 
3. The majority of the show that the relationship is featured on must have aired between 2010 - 2019. 
4. Even if they've broken up, they could still make the cut.

Also, one more important note: The couples on this list are not ranked. Instead, we've decided to list them in alphabetical order of the shows they were on.
1. Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak, Arrow
We can't talk about the top TV couples of the decade without immediately aiming cupid's bow at Arrow’s very own Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards). Fans have watched this couple evolve from unlikely teammates to an unstoppable pair -- with more than a few ups and downs in between -- and have been riveted by their undeniable chemistry from the very first meeting. (#redpenforever). Oliver may wear the skintight green leather pants in this relationship, but Olicity's dynamic has always been an equal partnership in their quests to save their city, and each other. We're going to be sad to see Arrow leave our screens in 2020, but we know that Oliver and Felicity's legacy as one of TV's greatest ships will live on forever.

1. Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak, Arrow
2. Seeley Booth and Temperance Brennan, Bones
3. Jake Peralta and Amy Santiago, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
4. Barry Allen and Iris West-Allen, The Flash
5. Eric Taylor and Tami Taylor, Friday Night Lights
6. Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson, Glee
7. Callie and Arizona, Grey's Anatomy
8. Korra and Asami Sato, The Legend of Korra
9. Mitch Pritchett and Cameron Tucker, Modern Family
10. Ben Wyatt and Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation
11. Emily Fields and Alison DiLaurentis, Pretty Little Liars
12. Jim Halpert and Pam Beesly, The Office
13. Elena Alvarez and Syd, One Day at a Time
14. Jamie Fraser and Claire Randall Fraser, Outlander
15. Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper, Riverdale
16. David Rose and Patrick Brewer, Schitt's Creek
17. Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood, Shadowhunters
18. Ian Gallagher and Mickey Milkovich, Shameless
19. Randall Pearson and Beth Pearson, This Is Us
20. Damon Salvatore and Elena Gilbert, The Vampire Diaries

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

19 TV Scene Stealers in 2019: From ‘This Is Us,’ ‘Veronica Mars’ and More
By Erin Crabtree  December 9, 2019
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/19-tv-scene-stealers-in-2019-photos/ 

5 of 18
Katherine-McNamara.jpg?w=600

Katherine McNamara

Arrow diehards instantly pegged McNamara’s character, Mia Smoak, as Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity’s (Emily Bett Rickards) daughter from the future when she was cast on the superhero series. The actress perfectly mingled her onscreen mom’s smarts with her fictional dad’s stubbornness and crime-fighting expertise, but she really shone when she began interacting with Oliver thanks to a little season 8 time travel.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

2019 in Review: The 15 Coolest Scenes
By Team TVLine / December 11 2019, 6:00 AM PST
https://tvline.com/feature/coolest-tv-scenes-2019-watchmen-stranger-things-photos-1133857/

https://tvline.com/gallery/coolest-tv-scenes-2019-game-of-thrones-the-flash/american-horror-story-1984-opening-credits/ 

Arrow (Season 8, Episode 1)
For nearly a year, we knew the Crisis was coming — but what does it look like, on a broadcast-TV budget, when a wave of anti-matter obliterates entire worlds? Not only did Arrow‘s final season premiere positively blindside us by vaporizing Earth-Two (many loved ones included), but it did so with a swift, terrifying and apocalyptic-looking sandstorm of destructive energy. Quick, someone grab Moira’s hand!

Edited by tv echo

The Fictional People And Things We Lost In 2019
Gizmodo Staff  Dec 12, 2019
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/12/the-fictional-people-and-things-we-lost-in-2019/

Oliver Queen, Arrow
We wouldn’t have the Arrowverse without Arrow. Although we’ll need to pick back up with Crisis on Infinite Earths in January 2020, the CW team pulled a switcheroo on us by killing off Oliver in the first episode. Even though his daughter Mia and Barry Allen tried to bring him back with a Lazarus Pit, and he went on to take over the mantle of the Spectre, for all intents and purposes, the Green Arrow is dead. And he died a hero, as we all expected. But something tells us he’ll still get a proper sendoff. No way we don’t get a scene with Oliver and Felicity before the final season of Arrow is said and done.

Two key Arrow moments happening on two other shows... 😞 

Here Are 25 Of The Most Unforgettable TV Moments From This Week
Nora Dominick   Dec. 13, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-12-13-19

4. On Supergirl, during "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One," Oliver heartbreakingly died after sacrificing himself to save billions of innocent people on Earth-38 before it was destroyed.
sub-buzz-4291-1576253788-4.jpg?downsize=
7. On The Flash, during "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three," Mia, Diggle, and Constantine visited Lucifer from Lucifer on Earth-666 in order to get into purgatory and bring back Oliver's soul.
sub-buzz-4403-1576257220-14.jpg?downsize

Edited by tv echo

Arrow is currently leading with 32% of the vote...

Best of the 2010s: Which Superhero Series Soared the Highest? (POLL)
Meredith Jacobs December 13, 2019 
https://www.tvinsider.com/840658/best-superhero-shows-2010s-poll/ 

Take a look at our picks for the superhero shows that packed the biggest punch and then vote in the poll below. (Note: All of the below series premiered in 2010 and after.)
Arrow
It's the series that kickstarted the Arrowverse on The CW. Fans have followed Oliver Queen's (Stephen Amell) journey from his five years away from Star(ling) City (but not always on Lian Yu) to returning home to save his city — and now the multiverse — with the help of his team.

Edited by tv echo

2019 in Review: Quotes of the Year!
By Team TVLine / December 16 2019
https://tvline.com/gallery/best-tv-quotes-2019/arrow-comment-didnt-age-well-quote-2/ 

arrow-comment-didnt-age-well-quote.png?w

ARROW

“[Archival video] Look, you don’t become successful in my line of work without being really good at sizing people up. Trust me, Oliver Queen is no one’s hero.”

“Obviously, this particular comment didn’t age too well.”

Bodyguard Diggle’s (David Ramsey) words come back to haunt him

arrow-felicity-oliver-final-scene-quote.

ARROW (Bonus Quote!)

“Wherever you go, whatever happens to you, you’ll never leave me. On our wedding day, you told me I was the best part of you. But the truth is we are the best parts of each other, and that is so much bigger than the friggin’ universe.” 

“When I came back to Star City to start my mission, I didn’t think that I was capable or deserving of love. But you opened up my heart in ways that I never thought were possible. My only regret is not telling you I loved you sooner.”

“No regrets.”

“Would you tell Mia that I love her every day? And I know that she will grow up to be as smart and as beautiful as her mom.”

“I will find you… again. I promise.”

Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Oliver (Stephen Amell) say goodbye in their final scene together

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Technically, Oliver's death happened on a Supergirl episode, thanks to the effin' crossover...

Here Are 35 Of The Biggest TV Character Deaths From 2019
Nora Dominick   Dec. 16, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-character-deaths-of-2019 

22. On Arrow, when Oliver sacrificed himself to save billions of people during "Crisis on Infinite Earths" — we're thinking he'll return in some fashion before the series finale.
sub-buzz-1800-1576096168-2.jpg?downsize=

23. When Zoe was tragically killed by J.J. after Future Team Arrow stormed the Deathstrokes' lair on Arrow.
sub-buzz-1786-1576095838-8.jpg?downsize=

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

20 TV Couples That Had Us Believing in Love in 2019
Brianna Martinez   Dec. 16, 2019
https://telltaletv.com/2019/12/20-tv-couples-that-had-us-believing-in-love-in-2019/ 

In no particular order, here are 20 of the best TV couples in 2019:
2. Oliver and Felicity, Arrow
Arrow-715-Training-Day-Oliver-Queen-and-

Arrow – 715 – Training Day – Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak – The CW

Oliver and Felicity have faced a lot of tremendous obstacles throughout Arrow’s run. But this year, Olicity faced possibility their most significant obstacle yet: having to say goodbye again to save the multiverse.

Through it all, though, they’ve supported each other wholeheartedly, confided in each other, and loved each other with everything they have. It’s what makes one of Felicity’s last lines to Oliver so seemingly truthful. No matter what is thrown at them, they can get through it together and find each other, proving that their “love is bigger than the freaking universe.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

More Arrow recognition in Tell-Tale TV's "Best of 2019" selections...

20 Fantastic Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror TV Shows from 2019
December 13, 2019 Allison Nichols
https://telltaletv.com/2019/12/20-fantastic-sci-fi-fantasy-and-horror-tv-shows-from-2019/

3. Arrow (The CW)
It’s the end of an era — Arrow’s final season is upon us. Thankfully, it’s been a great one so far.

A grown-up Mia and William finding their way to Oliver’s timeline adds an emotional element that the show was lacking without Felicity.

While we would’ve loved to see Felicity in this final season, Mia and William getting a chance to know and fight beside their father has been wonderful, especially since Oliver’s going into “Crisis on Infinite Earths” with the knowledge that he’s going to die.

The fact that Oliver gets to spend time with his grown-up kids adds more depth to Oliver’s final arc. He gets the chance to know them and see who they’ve become.

The other unexpected delight of this final season is Earth 2’s Laurel Lance. Throughout the season, so far, she’s become a layered, complex character that we get to see turn into a hero.

20 TV Characters from 2019 Who Are Out of This World
December 14, 2019  Samantha Coley
https://telltaletv.com/2019/12/20-tv-characters-from-2019-who-are-out-of-this-world/

13. Oliver Queen (Arrow
From finding out that he’s going to have a daughter, to discovering that he’s fated to save the Multiverse by making the ultimate sacrifice, it’s been an emotional rollercoaster of a year for Oliver Queen.

But through it all, he’s more than proven that not only has he grown as a person, but as a hero, and a leader over the last 8 years. Oliver’s emotional journey throughout 2019 has resonated and has been played so heartbreakingly well by Stephen Amell, bringing that growth into stark relief as Oliver heads into the Crisis.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

SA and KM are the only Arrow cast members listed (polls close on Dec. 30 at 2pm ET)...

Who Is Your Favorite Superhero of 2019? Vote Here!
Dec. 15, 2019
http://www.justjared.com/2019/12/15/who-is-your-favorite-superhero-of-2019-vote-here/

Who Is Your Favorite Actress of 2019? Vote Here!
Dec. 15, 2019
http://www.justjared.com/2019/12/15/who-is-your-favorite-actress-of-2019-vote-here/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Mia’s birth makes it on to EW’s list of 2019 memorable shipper moments:

Arrow's Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak finally got married in season 6 after years of obstacles. Then in season 7, they took the next step and had a baby together, Mia. Even though Mia’s birth scene was brief, it was still moving because Oliver and Felicity were in it together and it’s a rare moment of normalcy for a couple that’s constantly dealing with super-villains. —Chancellor Agard

• Love 3

2019 End of Year Lists: The Best Shipper Moments
BY: ALYSSA BARBIERI  ON: DECEMBER 17, 2019
https://fangirlish.com/2019/12/17/the-best-shipper-moments-of-2019/ 

Oliver and Felicity family montage, Arrow 
tumblr_prhgdsIN6R1s1pv1uo1_500.gif?resiz

When I think back on moments that made me ball like a freaking baby, this scene in Arrow encapsulates it all. The raw emotion, the unexpected yet expected reaction on my part. Getting to watch Oliver and Felicity with baby Mia — happy, away from the terror of Star City, just being a family — it was a lot of emotion for one to experience. Especially when you knew Oliver had earned this. He had earned a chance to be a husband and a father and to have a family. Especially when you knew what was coming. That he was going to be torn away from his family and never see them again. This scene — and the goodbye scene that followed it — left me a blubbering mess, but it was a scene I’ll never forget.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Arrow's Oliver is a voting option (he's currently in 2nd place, behind GoT's Daenerys)...

2019 in Review: Which TV Character Had the Most Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Year? Cast Your Vote!
By Team TVLine / December 18 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/12/18/tv-character-worst-year-stranger-things-game-of-thrones-2019/

https://tvline.com/gallery/tv-characters-worst-year-2019/worst-year-arrow/

Arrow’s Oliver
Discovered that half-sister Emiko was in town to seek revenge against him. Watched a contrite Emiko die. Bailed on his wife and newborn to face his certain death. Watched his mother and BFF die all over again. Died himself, then went through an always-bumpy Lazarus Pit resurrection… only to bid loved ones adieu again.

Edited by tv echo

Decade Roundtable: Our Best Ships Of The Decade
BY: ERIN E. GROSS  ON: DECEMBER 18, 2019
https://fangirlish.com/2019/12/18/decade-roundtable-our-best-ships-of-the-decade/ 

OLICITY

Lyra: Despite how it ultimately let me down, the show and not the ship, Olicity is my ship of the decade. It has brought me so much good in my life. It’s how I started writing again, how I met my best friend, and what led me to the career I’m at now. For that, I will always be grateful to the bond that Arrow cultivated in Oliver and Felicity from Arrow.

Julie: I’m going to go with Olicity from Arrow, also known as Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak for those who haven’t been paying attention. Not only did the fandom win MTV’s Ship of the Year award two years in a row, the pairing has more than 12,000 fanfics dedicated to them on Ao3 (and counting). What makes this ship more amazing is that Emily Bett Rickards was only supposed to be in one episode, but the palpable chemistry between her and Stephen Amell and her charm as Felicity Smoak led to her becoming a series regular. You could cut the sexual tension between Olicity with a knife in Season 2, and who didn’t love her double entendres? Felicity became an integral part of the show, and to Oliver Queen’s life. She was the light that he desperately needed to be the hero he was meant to become. While there were some bumps along the way, Olicty fans got to see their OTP married and have a baby – and now a future version of that baby will have a spin-off series of her own. It truly was the ship of dreams.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

2019 in Review: TV's Workaholics — Katherine McNamara, D'Arcy Carden, Michael Sheen and 22 More Busy Actors
By Team TVLine / December 19 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/12/19/2019-busiest-tv-actors-katherine-mcnamara-aaron-paul-darcy-carden/ 

Katherine McNamara
After wrapping her run as Shadowhunters’ Clary, McNamara took up full-time residence in the Arrowverse. She appeared as Mia Smoak on 16 episodes of Arrow, as well as crossover installments of Supergirl, Batwoman and The Flash.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

It's nice to see Olicity being recognized in all these decade and year-end lists...

40 Favorite TV Couples of the Decade
December 19, 2019 Janelle McCammack
https://telltaletv.com/2019/12/40-favorite-tv-couples-of-the-decade/ 

Here, in no particular order, are our top TV couples of the decade!

1. Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Arrow
Arrow-722-You-Have-Saved-this-City-Olive

There’s something remarkable about looking back on Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak’s relationship over the years.

It’s amazing to see how much these two have grown from partners to friends to boyfriend/girlfriend to spouses and parents. They’ve pushed each other, never holding back, and have always been there to support each other, allowing each other room to grow as individuals, Oliver and Felicity, too.

Being a hero isn’t easy and neither is love. But, Olicity has managed to navigate the minefield that is hero-dom with so much care with each other, a team within a team, ready to fight when it was them against the world–despite all of the times they’ve had to say goodbye over the years for the sake of the city, world, and the multiverse–that every moment they shared together feels well-earned and so perfectly organic, reinforcing Oliver’s words during Arrow Season 4, “nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.”
Their love story has become such an integral part of Oliver’s journey, and ultimately a cornerstone of Arrow’s story in general, that it’s hard to imagine their story ending any other way but with the pair by each other’s side.

Even when The Monitor’s mission keeps them apart, there are still moments in the final season that serve as reminders that they will fulfill their promise to find each other again and that their love really is “bigger than the freaking universe.”

All CW Shows on this list:
1. Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Arrow
5. Nikita & Michael (Nikita)
12. Michael Guerin & Alex Manes (Roswell, New Mexico
18. Marcus Kane & Abby Griffin (The 100)
33. Clarke Griffin & Lexa (The 100)
39. Klaus Mikaelson & Caroline Forbes (The Vampire Diaries/The Originals)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Arrow: Top 10 Fan Favorite Characters, Ranked
Mark Wilson   Dec. 19, 2019
https://screenrant.com/arrow-fan-favorite-characters-ranked/ 

4  Laurel Lance
Good Laurel or bad Laurel, it doesn't matter. Her character provided insight into the real Oliver Queen. The District Attorney had enough of fighting criminals in the courtroom and decided to take it to the streets. At first, it was hard seeing her as a vigilante, but the Black Canary grew on us.

When Laurel was killed, fans were shocked but that outcry was heard as Arrow pulled another Canary from another universe to take her place. The new Laurel was pure evil but the love of Quentin helped her change those evil ways. While she has had her moments where she's still fighting those inner demons, the new Laurel appears to be Team Arrow all the way now.

3  John Diggle
Diggs was brought in to drive and protect Oliver when he first came home. Their friendship was one of business and lies as Oliver had to ditch Diggs just to fight crime. Eventually, Diggs would learn the truth and become the first official member of Team Arrow. John works off of brute strength, and the name "Spartan" fits him well.

Diggs lived a complex life as well. He was married, had a son, became the Green Arrow, watched as his little brother betrayed him a few times, and still served as Oliver's voice of reason. He's not without fault, but Diggs is the one character on Arrow who may have the best insight.

2  Felicity Smoak
The original Team Arrow computer geek, Felicity often played the role of a mother hen to the other members. Back at the bunker, she was their eyes and ears to all operations. Feisty is one of the best words to describe Felicity Smoak. Ever since Oliver gave her a new laptop, Felicity knew what and who she wanted. Her role as Overwatch was to protect the team but more so to be closer to Oliver. In the end, she got the man and two kids.

What made Felicity so appealing besides her smarts and loyalty was her ability to put everyone in their place. Oliver is one of the most feared men, yet he couldn't play that tough role with her.

1  Oliver Queen
Oliver Queen was the boy who was lost at sea then trapped on an island. The person who came back was not the same one who left. His purpose was clear, and he was determined to save his city. But along the way, Oliver had to realize he needed saving too. That's where Team Arrow came into play.

Oliver has been through a lot. He's been shot, stabbed, almost beat to death in combat, and killed. He pushed people away, ran away and yet, he's become a better person for it. Oliver is the true definition of a hero and a leader.

10 Prometheus
9  Curtis Holt
8  Roy Harper
7  Deathstroke
6  Rene Ramirez
5  Thea Queen
4  Laurel Lance
3  John Diggle
2  Felicity Smoak
1  Oliver Queen

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Olicity on yet another decade list - this one from We Are Entertainment News...

Decade Review: The 20 Best Couples on Television!
December 19, 2019
https://weareentertainmentnews.com/2019/12/19/decade-review-the-20-best-couples-on-television/ 

The last decade of television provided us with so many iconic couples! It was difficult for us to narrow down the top 20 couples for the last ten years! We accepted couples from primetime, cable, and streaming. As long as they were a couple in this decade they were eligible! Take a look at who made our list! And let us know who your favorite couple(s) of the decade were!

Oliver & Felicity – Arrow
She’s the one that lights my way.” – Oliver

This pair went from the most unlikely partners to a fan-favorite with undeniable chemistry. We were hooked from day one and the red pen!  #OlicityForever

All CW couples on this list;
Oliver & Felicity – Arrow
Jane & Rafael – Jane the Virgin
Nathan & Haley – One Tree Hill
Damon & Elena – The Vampire Diaries

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

5 shows that changed TV in the 2010s, from 'House of Cards' to 'RuPaul's Drag Race'
Kelly Lawler  December 20, 2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2019/12/20/2010-s-5-shows-changed-tv-decade-ahs-rupaul/4408119002/ 

'Arrow' (CW, 2012-2020)

The superhero boom was as fast and massive as Superman on the big screen, but far slower (and smaller) on TV. Superheroes are not the big hits on TV as  they are at the box office, nor do they star A-list actors or feature the most popular hero characters. The model for the modern major superhero show is CW's "Arrow," which launched the network's DC Comics universe in 2012 that now includes "Supergirl" and "Legends of Tomorrow." "Arrow," with its modest use of computer graphics, dark tone and character focus, also paved the way for competitor Marvel to break into the TV realm, as well as supershows like Netflix's "Umbrella Academy" and HBO's "Watchmen." And comic book TV shows aren't going anywhere: Disney plans to put big name Marvel characters like Loki and Hawkeye on Disney+ and Greg Berlanti, who produces all of CW's superhero series, will bring more to upcoming streaming service HBO Max. 

'House of Cards' (Netflix, 2013-2018)
'American Horror Story' (FX, 2011-present)
‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ (Logo, 2009-2016; VH1 2017-present) 
'Arrow' (CW, 2012-2020)
'Game of Thrones' (HBO, 2011-2019)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Best TV Episodes of 2019
Chris Longo Alec Bojalad Kayti Burt Nick Harley Daniel Kurland Lacy Baugher Michael Ahr David Crow Mike Cecchini  Dec 20, 2019
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/285040/best-tv-episodes-of-2019 

Arrow, "Starling City"

It doesn’t seem like all that long ago when the very concept of a TV series based on Green Arrow, a third rate DC Comics character whose primary claims to fame were archery skills, questionable trick arrows, and an even more questionable code name, seemed impossible. Eight seasons later, and an actual Green Arrow TV series has reshaped the television landscape, launching five spinoffs (with more on the way) and a blockbuster-style superhero mythology and formula so far-reaching and effective that they actually named it the Arrowverse. And as ground zero for what has since become the broadest live action exploration of the DC Universe in history, it deserves to go out on its own terms.

And that’s exactly what its final season premiere, “Starling City,” does. Revisiting themes from the first season, and bringing back long dead beloved characters (via the miracle of alternate universes... more on that later in this list), Arrow’s final season premiere could have just traded on nostalgia. Instead, it gives us an action sequence that deserves to live forever in the pantheon of great TV fight scenes, reminding audiences one more time that Stephen Amell might be the most physically convincing superhero of the modern era. It also gives us dramatic highlights that would, in a more just world, put the actor in the Emmy conversation. We’re really gonna miss this show.

- Mike Cecchinii

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The 7 Most Influential Shows of the Decade
Tim Surette  Dec. 14, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/best-of-2010s-most-influential-shows/

Arrow brought capes to broadcast and beyond
Aside from a scattering of various licensed and unlicensed properties (shout-out to The Cape), superheroes didn't take to television quite like they did to film at the beginning of the decade, and especially at the beginning of the millennium. While there's temptation to argue that Smallville set up superheroes on The CW, it wasn't until 2012, when Stephen Amell and his abs bounced and jiggled up the salmon ladder in Arrow, that the modern era of live-action superhero shows was ushered in and reshaped television.

Arrow's immediate success (more than 4 million viewers for its premiere, which is decidedly super for The CW) prompted the network to build almost its entire schedule around superhero shows over the next few years: The Flash joined the network in 2014, Supergirl -- after one season on CW's parent CBS — moved to The CW in 2016, DC's Legends of Tomorrow debuted in 2016, Black Lightning followed in 2018, and Batwoman premiered this season. That's six programs centered on super-powered crime stoppers for a network that only has 12 slots to play with at any given time, and several of them join forces each season for a crossover to form the network's biggest event of the year.

Despite The CW saturating television with superhero shows, other networks took note of the massive box-office take for comic-based films and thought there was room for more. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter used ABC's connection to Marvel to bring that company's library to broadcast (ABC, so desperate to become a home for Marvel, even forced Inhumans on us), while Fox gave us Gotham, Lucifer, and The Gifted, and NBC gave Constantine the old college try. And of course Netflix went all in with a mega-deal for five Marvel shows, which expanded to six with The Punisher. Superheroes are so omnipresent that here's even a show for people sick of superhero mania: Amazon's The Boys. Without the success of The CW's DC Comics shows, it's also possible the streaming service DC Universe, which is/was home to Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing, wouldn't even exist. And there's not enough room here to name the dozens of other shows derived from comic books on various cable, streaming, and online networks.

And lest you think the craze was ending, Disney+ is about to really open a can of Marvel television on fans, and though Arrow is ending after its current season, there's no sign that The CW is slowing down on its superhero content.

American Horror Story Invoked the Anthology
Making a Murderer Made True Crime an Obsession
Game of Thrones proved bigger and more expensive is better, especially with genre shows
House of Cards ushered in the dawn of streaming
Girls was the voice of a new generation, or at least part of it
The Walking Dead was so big that it started its own corporate entity

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Fangirlish Best of 2019 Lists: Our favorite BROTPs from 2019
BY: RAQUEL  DECEMBER 21, 2019 
https://fangirlish.com/2019/12/21/favorite-brotps-2019/

1. OLIVER AND DIGGLE ~ “ARROW“
Of course, these brothers had to be first on this list! It’s impossible to summarize everything that these two have survived together over 8 years, but everything can be summed up with this:
5975f6f2f0326b840a36ef19ce41a5f70d53535a

This hug. That emotion of Oliver recognizing his brother. Diggle’s desperation to lose him. They met without hoping for it, without wanting it, but desperately needing each other.

Oliver needed a conscience, a voice of reason and someone who believed in him blindly and Diggle only needed a little brother, someone he could love and save … and they found each other. And now, they are who they are, thanks in large part to that.  We will not be able to go on knowing we will not see them again after January!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
On 12/21/2019 at 7:07 AM, tv echo said:

5 shows that changed TV in the 2010s, from 'House of Cards' to 'RuPaul's Drag Race'
Kelly Lawler  December 20, 2019
https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2019/12/20/2010-s-5-shows-changed-tv-decade-ahs-rupaul/4408119002/ 

'House of Cards' (Netflix, 2013-2018)
'American Horror Story' (FX, 2011-present)
‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ (Logo, 2009-2016; VH1 2017-present) 
'Arrow' (CW, 2012-2020)
'Game of Thrones' (HBO, 2011-2019)

On 12/21/2019 at 7:46 AM, tv echo said:

The 7 Most Influential Shows of the Decade
Tim Surette  Dec. 14, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/best-of-2010s-most-influential-shows/

American Horror Story Invoked the Anthology
Making a Murderer Made True Crime an Obsession
Game of Thrones proved bigger and more expensive is better, especially with genre shows
House of Cards ushered in the dawn of streaming
Girls was the voice of a new generation, or at least part of it
The Walking Dead was so big that it started its own corporate entity

It's really validating to see Arrow get recognized on these media decades lists for launching the new phase of superhero TV shows. It's gotten overshadowed by more well-known or edgier superheroes, but if Arrow hadn't been successful in its first 2-3 years-- due to SA and company working their asses off on the show and also constantly doing PR-- who knows how things would've turned out.

• Love 5

There's also a poll at the end of this article where you can vote for your favorite superhero show - Arrow may not be ranked #1 on this list, but at least it's ranked higher than The Flash...

The 10 Best Superhero TV Shows Of The Decade, Ranked
Nick Venable  December 22, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2486857/the-10-best-superhero-tv-shows-of-the-decade-ranked 

5. Arrow (The CW)

Once considered a long-shot for The CW, Arrow managed to launch a massive superhero universe spanning network television, streaming and comic books. The brainchild of Marc Guggenheim, Greg Berlanti, and the now-ousted Andrew Kreisberg, Arrow strove for grittier storytelling than its network predecessor, Smallville, and luckily landed fan-favorite balls of charisma in stars Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards, David Ramsey and Katie Cassidy (among others).

Dealing in equal parts emotional turmoil and physical badassery, Arrow's soaring highs largely make up for its unfortunately apparent lows, especially considering The CW's relatively limited budgets for its extended seasons. Arrow closing out its eight-season run alongside a live-action "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover is a Top 5 feat alone, and none of it would have happened without Oliver Queen's flashbacks and questionable hairstyles.

10. Doom Patrol (DC Universe)
9. DC's Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)
8. Legion (FX)
7. The Flash (The CW)
6. Gotham (Fox)
5. Arrow (The CW)
4. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)
3. The Boys (Amazon)
2. Daredevil (Netflix)
1. Watchmen (HBO)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
On 12/14/2019 at 5:19 AM, tv echo said:

UPDATE: Olicity is currently leading with 34% of the vote. 

I don't know how long this poll will be up.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:24 AM, tv echo said:

Arrow is currently leading with 32% of the vote...

Best of the 2010s: Which Superhero Series Soared the Highest? (POLL)
Meredith Jacobs December 13, 2019 
https://www.tvinsider.com/840658/best-superhero-shows-2010s-poll/ 

TV Insider just posted the winners:

https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/best-of-the-2010s-tv-winners/

Best Superhero Series: Arrow

A majority 45% of voters agreed that The CW series hit the bullseye when it comes to a great hero tale.

Best Ship: Oliver & Felicity from Arrow

The Arrowverse couple had quite the fanbase, with a 39% majority vote.

• Love 4

10 Best Behind-The-Scenes Social Media Posts From The Cast Of The Arrowverse
BY MANISH KHARINTA – ON DEC 28, 2019
https://www.therichest.com/television/behind-the-scenes-social-media-arrowverse/

4 STEPHEN AMELL- ALWAYS ON POINT
stephen-Cropped.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=738&
We can’t talk about the Arrowverse without mentioning the man that stars in the very show that created this infinite universe. Stephen Amell, the star of the ever so popular show Arrow is the reason why we have CW’s extended DC universe and all the amazing shows that are part of it.Amell makes sure that he engages with his fans constantly and takes time out to have live sessions with millions of his followers. If you can't take time out to join a live session then fret not because Stephen also posts constant updates on his feed.

10 BRANDON ROUTH TAKES A BREAK FROM TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS
9  WILLA HOLLAND- TURNT UP!
8  CAITY LOTZ- TOUGH LOVE
7  TOM CAVANAGH- RACING FOR THE CURE
6  KATIE CASSIDY- LOUD AND PROUD
5  MELISSA BENOIST- SUPERB SHOTS 
4  STEPHEN AMELL- ALWAYS ON POINT
3  COLTON HAYES- NEVER OUTGUNNED 
2  GRANT GUSTIN- NEED FOR SPEED
1  RUBY ROSE- SHE’LL LEAVE YOU WITH BATS IN THE BELFRY

Edited by tv echo

20 Celebs Who Blew Up In 2019 (And 10 Who Will In 2020)
by Michael Weyer – on Dec 27, 2019
https://www.thetalko.com/successful-celebrities-2019-2020/

2019: Katherine McNamara Hit The Bullseye

2019 could have been a sad year for Katherine McNamara. Her cult Freeform series Shadowhunters ended its three-season run with a nice finale. But McNamara wasn't out of work long as she landed the role of Mia, the future daughter of Oliver Queen on the CW's Arrow. Her turn as this tough fighter won over viewers to the point that plans are underway for her own spin-off series. Also, she'll be appearing in a new version of the Stephen King novel The Stand to prove McNamara has good aim in her projects.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

DR's comment (from SDCC) was selected as one of Down & Nerdy's Best Interview Moments of 2019 - see below quote in spoiler tags...

Best Interview Moments of 2019 - Down And Nerdy Podcast Special
December 27, 2019
https://soundcloud.com/down-and-nerdy-podcast/best-interview-moments-of-2019-down-and-nerdy-podcast-special

-- DR: "My perfect ending for Oliver and Diggle should be much like the beginning, when they agreed to take on this journey together and take care of each other... They're brothers... And I don't think we have to put a button on that. We just have to be real with that... That's why I like the episode where we had that fight so much, because, you know... it was just very well-choreographed at first and then it was just punch and punch and kick, and it was just like, these two guys are brothers, they will not do that. I have two brothers. They're going to break things. They're going to go through windows. There'll be no technique. They're just trying to pummel each other. And Mom is going to come in - and Felicity was Mom - to break it up. To continue to tell that kind of story with these two brothers is the way you end the story. Um, I don't think there has to be a button on it, besides being true to that. And, um - and ultimately knowing now the end, I think that's exactly what happens."

Edited by tv echo

Several Arrow and Oliver-related moments made this list...

100 TV Moments From 2019 That We're Still Not Over
Nora Dominick   December 29, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-2019 

51. On Arrow, when Oliver and Felicity said goodbye to each other after The Monitor returned and took Oliver with him.
52. When Mia, William, and J.J. were transported to present day by The Monitor on Arrow.
53. Also, during "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One," when Oliver heartbreakingly died after sacrificing himself to save billions of innocent people.
94. Also on The Flash, during "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three," Mia, Diggle, and Constantine visited Lucifer from Lucifer in order to get into purgatory and bring back Oliver's soul.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

A Look Back at the 2010 Decade’s Pop Culture Phenomenons
Brianna    December 30, 2019
https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2019/12/30/a-look-back-at-the-2010s-pop-culture-phenomenons/

The CW’s Arrowverse
In 2012, The CW debuted a new superhero show that would soon build an entire universe. Based on the DC Comics of the same name, Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman, and Black Lightning are part of the same interconnected universe (and multiverse) known as the Arrowverse, an homage to the show that started a new wave of superhero series. Every year since 2014, beginning with Arrow and The Flash, there’s been an annual crossover, bringing together the powerful characters and fan favorite comic storylines and upping the crossovers every year. You don’t have to be a fan of the comics or even know the comics to enjoy these shows as they’re full of heart, emotions, comedy, drama, romance, and can get a bit dark at some points. Although Stephen Amell aka the Green Arrow himself, Oliver Queen and the cast of Arrow will be saying goodbye in early 2020, the past decade will forever be known as the one that brought us the Arrowverse.

Edited by tv echo

Our Favorite Characters of the Decade
TV Fanatic Staff at December 30, 2019
https://www.tvfanatic.com/2019/12/our-favorite-characters-of-the-decade/

These characters helped define an entire decade of television -- maybe not for everyone, but certainly for our TV Fanatic staff and readers!
Oliver Queen, Arrow - The CW (2012-2020)
As superheroes became more mainstream, The CW decided to throw their hat in the ring with Arrow.

They had millions of heroes driven by a selfless need to help others to choose from, yet they chose the anti-hero that is Oliver Green, AKA Green Arrow. Oliver is unlike any hero that television has ever seen, especially since he wasn’t a hero at first.

\Over Arrow’s eight seasons though, Oliver has evolved into a person who is willing to sacrifice his life in service of others while still being the hardened man who was saved from that island all those years ago.

Oliver is a complex character who has been a joy to get to know, love, and disagree with at times. His legacy will live on forever as the Arrowverse continues to create more television shows that all started with the green hood.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow is the only Arrowverse show on this list...

The Best TV Seasons of the 2010s
BY FRAZIER THARPE, KHAL, NATE HOUSTON, AL SHIPLEY, BRENDEN GALLAGHER, WILLIAM GOODMAN, ROSS SCARANO   December 30, 2019
https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2019/12/best-tv-seasons-of-the-2010s/arrow-season-2 

24. 'Arrow' (Season 2)
Network: The CW
Airdate: October 9, 2013 - May 14, 2014
Standout episodes: "State v. Queen," "The Scientist," "The Promise," "Unthinkable"

Prestige shit is cool, but TV needs a good equivalent for a popcorn flick too. The interconnecting superhero universe Greg Berlanti has built over on The CW is a worthy small-screen companion to Kevin Feige's MCU, and it would be impossible without Arrow. Specifically, this season of Arrow, which deserves the same contextual praise as we give say, John Wick 3. Arrow has everything you want from a superhero story, executed at the highest level: stunning action choreography, a compelling leading man you can get behind, a colorful rogues gallery, banter-ready sidekicks, romance, characters thought dead dramatically returning, shocking deaths.

It's the one season in which the show's flashback structure was neither crutch nor hindrance, but a potent narrative tool. As flashbacks detail Oliver Queen's nightmarish stay on the island that would transform him from petulant trust fund baby to gravel-voiced vigilante, his past returns to Star City to haunt him—and make him reckon with his sins. Simply put, this is the show—which already matured from budget Batman Begins to a series with its own tone and identity by the end of season 1—firing on all cylinders.

The CW still lives by the 22-episode season, so arc-wise, it's a long game. But once the season's themes and overarching plot kick into action, it hardly lets up, to a point where it's brimming with sidekicks, new heroes and villains in a manner that seems unsustainable. But even though it teeters on the edge of being an atypically overstuffed superhero sequel, Arrow season 2 never collapses. Instead, it somehow achieves genuine gravitas with a conclusion that ups the personal stakes as much as it does tension. It all builds to a finale that beautifully weaves together Oliver's past and present, figuratively and literally in an achievement of cross-cutting editing and choreography. Arrow became weird, bizarre, annoying (cherish Oliver and Felicity here because it's all downhill after) and later, desperate, in search of attaining these highs again. But in season 2, it's not hyperbole to say Arrow was perfect.—Frazier

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

18 TV Couples That Made Us Believe in Love in the 2010s (PHOTOS)
Meredith Jacobs  December 30, 2019
https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/best-tv-couples-2010s/#3

Oliver and Felicity (Arrow)

Their relationship started with a bullet-ridden laptop, and over the years, they've saved the city and each other. It hasn't been an easy road — for them or their family — but as Felicity told Oliver before he left her and baby Mia behind to do the Monitor's bidding, their love is "bigger than the freaking universe."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Decade Roundtable: The Fandom That Influenced You The Most
BY: ERIN E. GROSS  ON: DECEMBER 30, 2019
https://fangirlish.com/2019/12/30/decade-roundtable-the-fandom-that-influenced-you-the-most/

Lyra: The Olicity fandom brought me back into writing and set me on the path I’m on today when it comes to my work. It is one of the biggest influences of my life even though things turned sour on the show for me and I fell out of love with the show in general.
Julie: The Olicity fandom was the first one I’ve ever actively participated in and it inspired me to write fanfiction for the first time. And I met in the Jaime and Brienne fandom (Game of Thrones) friends in real life when we met from all over the country to go to Con of Thrones. Both fandoms have led to life-long friendships, some in real life.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The Best TV Shows of the Decade
By IGN Entertainment Staff  Posted: 31 Dec 2019
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/31/best-tv-shows-of-the-decade

So your friendly neighborhood IGN entertainment team took on the daunting task of narrowing down what we consider to be the best 100 TV shows of the past 10 years. But a few things to keep in mind before we begin: This is not a ranked list, but rather just the 100 TV shows we thought were the best of the decade. As such, we've listed the shows by year, and then by alphabetical order within each year. That said, please be sure to let us know what you think of our picks, and what faves of yours didn't make our list!
Arrow (2012)

Arrow launched a whole new era of superhero television, redefining what's possible with the genre on the small screen. Over the course of eight seasons, it's traced Oliver Queen's journey from carefree playboy to hardened killer to noble hero, with each new season delving ever deeper into DC Comics lore. The series has experienced some ups and downs during that time, but it's always kept us engrossed in Ollie's quest to become "something else." Without Arrow, there would be no Flash, Supergirl, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, or Batwoman.

Edited by tv echo