Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

He’s been asked to remove the “worst” and “least favorite” categories by lots of people every year, to no avail. I think even Beth commented when he tweeted about the “worst episode” category coming up for voting.

23 hours ago, lemotomato said:

It's not Craig if there's no bitterness in the writeups. That's what makes them fun.

If he tries to bring back best pairing, I'm guessing Olicity fans will rally around the flashforward kids. Mia/Connor, any combination of the 2040 Team Arrow. And Kat M is going to easily take over the best actor (female) category, since she's a regular and her fanbase loves to vote in everything.

Funny thing Is shes already gonna be my fav female actor as with Her TV momma not a regular,her/Mia is already gonna be my fav female regular for the last season lol

• Love 1

Regarding Craig's comment, "The portion of fandom that doesn’t care for anything involving Canaries piled on to 'Lost Canary' as their Least Favorite episode..."

Apart from the fact that GATV is a very comics-friendly site, if Craig is envisioning a small group of rabid fans sitting at their computers voting over and over again to make "Lost Canary" the Least Favorite Episode, then such a scenario is not possible under the rules of his own contest. The voting rules specifically said that voting was limited to "one vote per IP."  Therefore, a fan could only vote once in this category.* If a fan voted more than once in a category, then according to the contest rules, only the first vote would count. 

Therefore, the winners of the GATV Awards were determined by a large group of fans each voting once,* and not by a small group of fans voting multiple times. He's just unhappy that there weren't more fans voting the way he wanted them to vote.

(* The only exception would be a fan who has multiple computers or devices and who cares enough to vote on every such computer or device.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
35 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Apart from the fact that GATV is a very comics-friendly site, if Craig is envisioning a small group of rabid fans sitting at their computers voting over and over again to make "Lost Canary" the Least Favorite Episode, then such a scenario is not possible under the rules of his own contest.

I'll give him credit that he's never (publicly, at least) called Olicity/Felicity fans a small group. In his replies to tweets complaining about the poll results, he admitted that Felicity fans just are really good at mobilizing people to vote, 

33 TV Moments From This Week That We Can't Stop Talking About
Nora Dominick    October 18, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-10-18-19

1. First, Arrow's final season began with Oliver taking a trip to Earth-2 and reuniting with some familiar faces — Tommy, Moira, Malcolm, and Adrian all reappeared during the episode.
sub-buzz-4067-1571412971-1.jpg?downsize=

However, by the end of the episode, Earth-2 was destroyed by whatever is causing the upcoming "Crisis on Infinite Earths."

2. Also on Arrow, the episode was filled with details/Easter eggs for longtime fans because it perfectly recreated and referenced moments from Season 1.
sub-buzz-1249-1571413418-1.jpg?crop=1724

sub-buzz-4097-1571413414-1.jpg?crop=1724

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The 10 Best CW Super Heroines In The Arrowverse, Ranked
BY MEAGAN CAHUASQUI – ON OCT 19, 2019
https://screenrant.com/heroines-cw-arrowverse-best/

9 SPEEDY...
Thea Queen joined the vigilante family business after years of emotional torment and being lied to. She started as a rebellious teenager who made terrible choices as a coping mechanism but soon grew into a determined young woman with a desire for justice.

Her hero's journey wasn't easy as she was influenced by her biological father Malcolm Merlyn and his desire to turn her into his weapon. But Thea wised up and decided who she wanted to be by herself. Her greatest moment of strength happened when she stepped down to take care of herself.
7 BLACK STAR...
The daughter of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak, Mia Smoak has a legacy to live up to. Much like her father though, the road to heroism does not come easy. Her complicated family history has left her with rough edges and incapable of trusting others. As the show has played out though, Mia has learned compassion and to be considerate of her comrades. Her anger and surly demeanor don't make her the most popular among her peers but when it comes down to the wire she gets the job done.
5 FELICITY SMOAK...
Codename Overwatch, Felicity Smoak is a different kind of hero from her romantic partner Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow. Being a hero doesn't always mean fistfights and weaponry skills. Felicity's heroism comes in the form of intelligence and high-tech computer skills.

She has her team's back and is the go-to woman for tricky espionage technology. Her shared sense of justice makes her the perfect partner for a team of heroes. Even when she faces hardships, she doesn't let the obstacles block her path. Felicity Smoak proved that smart is super.
2 BLACK CANARY... 
Many have carried the mantle of the Black Canary, from the two Lance sisters to Dinah Drake. Whether her power comes from a sonic collar or a metahuman ability, the Canary Cry is an iconic superpower that makes this heroine a top contender among her peers. All the Canaries have carried a darkness and tragic past that led them down the path of becoming the Black Canary. Ultimately, they all won out over that darkness and became courageous heroes willing to put their lives on the line.

10 SUPERGIRL
9 SPEEDY
8 KILLER FROST
7 BLACK STAR
6 BATWOMAN
5 FELICITY SMOAK
4 VIXEN
3 IRIS WEST-ALLEN
2 BLACK CANARY
1 THUNDER

Edited by tv echo

The 7 Most Influential Shows of the Decade
 BY TIM SURETTE | OCTOBER 23, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/best-of-decade-most-influential-shows-2010s/

Arrow brought capes to broadcast and beyond
Aside from a scattering of various licensed and unlicensed properties (shout-out to The Cape), superheroes didn't take to television quite like they did to film at the beginning of the decade, and especially at the beginning of the millennium. While there's temptation to argue that Smallville set up superheroes on The CW, it wasn't until 2012, when Stephen Amell and his abs bounced and jiggled up the salmon ladder in Arrow, that the modern era of live-action superhero shows was ushered in and reshaped television.

Arrow's immediate success (more than 4 million viewers for its premiere, which is decidedly super for The CW) prompted the network to build almost its entire schedule around superhero shows over the next few years: The Flash joined the network in 2014, Supergirl -- after one season on CW's parent CBS — moved to The CW in 2016, DC's Legends of Tomorrow debuted in 2016, Black Lightning followed in 2018, and Batwoman premiered this season. That's six programs centered on super-powered crime stoppers for a network that only has 12 slots to play with at any given time, and several of them join forces each season for a crossover to form the network's biggest event of the year.

Despite The CW saturating television with superhero shows, other networks took note of the massive box-office take for comic-based films and thought there was room for more. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter used ABC's connection to Marvel to bring that company's library to broadcast (ABC, so desperate to become a home for Marvel, even forced Inhumans on us), while Fox gave us Gotham, Lucifer, and The Gifted, and NBC gave Constantine the old college try. And of course Netflix went all in with a mega-deal for five Marvel shows, which expanded to six with The Punisher. Superheroes are so omnipresent that here's even a show for people sick of superhero mania: Amazon's The Boys. Without the success of The CW's DC Comics shows, it's also possible the streaming service DC Universe, which is/was home to Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing, wouldn't even exist. And there's not enough room here to name the dozens of other shows derived from comic books on various cable, streaming, and online networks.

And lest you think the craze was ending, Disney+ is about to really open a can of Marvel television on fans, and though Arrow is ending after its current season, there's no sign that The CW is slowing down on its superhero content.

American Horror Story Invoked the Anthology
Making a Murderer Made True Crime an Obsession
Game of Thrones proved bigger and more expensive is better, especially with genre shows
House of Cards ushered in the dawn of streaming
Arrow brought capes to broadcast and beyond
Girls was the voice of a new generation, or at least part of it
The Walking Dead was so big that it started its own corporate entity

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

7 Television Nerds We Adore
BY NAOMI   October 29, 2019
https://fangirlish.com/2019/10/29/7-television-nerds-we-adore/

Felicity Smoak (Arrow)
tumblr_pw6jywwIiG1wqp2qpo2_540.gifv

Computer scientist and expert hacker, Felicity Smoak stole our nerdy hearts the first time she appeared in the Arrowverse. This fast-talking genius is never at a loss for words which often leads to foot-in- mouth moments. Felicity has been a CEO and founded her own tech company.

She is a trusted member of Team Arrow, often at the com-system making sure that all things go according to plan. This bubbly beauty isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty either. She has gone undercover and stood up to some of the worst criminals in Star City. What a woman!

Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes)
Ella Lopez (Lucifer)
Felicity Smoak (Arrow)
Cisco Ramon (The Flash)
Raj Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
Randall Pearson (This Is Us)
Samwell Tarly (Game of Thrones)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Arrow took the top 2 spots...

33 TV Moments From This Week That We Can't Stop Talking About
Nora Dominick    November 1, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-11-1-19 

1. First, on Arrow, Oliver traveled to Nanda Parbat in order to find answers about the Monitor, and he reunited with Thea.
2. Also on Arrow, after Zoe was tragically killed by J.J., Mia, William, and Connor were somehow transported to present day — I'm not exaggerating when I say that my jaw dropped.
sub-buzz-1030-1572613857-1.jpg?downsize= 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

35 TV Moments From This Week That We Can't Stop Talking About
Nora Dominick   November 8, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-11-8-19 

16. On Arrow, after Mia, William, and Connor ended up in present day, they joined Team Arrow and helped take down Grant Wilson, Slade Wilson's son who started the Deathstrokes.
sub-buzz-587-1573237375-1.jpg?downsize=8

17. Also on Arrow, Stephen Amell and Ben Lewis gave beautiful performances when William came out to Oliver.
sub-buzz-5126-1573237797-1.jpg?downsize=

Next Gen Talent 2019: Hollywood's Rising Young Stars Revealed
by Bryn Elise Sandberg, Rebecca Ford, and Mia Galuppo   November 6, 2019
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/next-gen-talent-2019-hollywoods-rising-young-stars-revealed-1250276 

Charlie Barnett, 31
thr_thr_next_gen_charlie_barnett_0500.jp

This Florida native was hard to miss in 2019. After three seasons on NBC's Chicago Fire, Barnett swapped procedurals for prestige — starring alongside Natasha Lyonne in Netflix breakout Russian Doll and also appearing in the streamer's continuation of 1990s miniseries Tales of the City. The actor, whose work often keeps him from his home base of Los Angeles, says he's not sure how Lyonne and company plan to include him in the second season of their Emmy-nominated comedy. But in the meantime, he's landed arcs on the final run of The CW's Arrow and the second season of Netflix's You.

PERSON I'M DYING TO WORK WITH
"Charlize Theron. Everything I've ever wanted to be is embodied in that 6-foot-tall South African beautiful, blond woman. I would love to work with her."

I'D LOVE TO HAVE A CAREER LIKE
"Gary Oldman, David Oyelowo or Jeffrey Wright — but Tom Hanks is my mom's biggest wish for me. I like seeing actors who have a balance of life and career."

ONSCREEN CHARACTER I MOST IDENTIFIED WITH AS A KID
"I mean, I wanted to see myself in Denzel Washington."

LAST SHOW I BINGED
"Honestly? Dexter's Laboratory. I bought all of the seasons, out of nostalgia I guess, because I hadn't watched it in so long. It's freaking amazing. Animated TV is my greatest escape."

Edited by tv echo

There's also a poll where you can vote for these two Arrow 804 scenes (opening scene and Oliver bringing kids home scene)...

Scene Of The Week - November 10, 2019 + POLL
Posted by Justyna Kubica at November 10, 2019
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/11/scene-of-week-november-10-2019-poll.html

ARROW, "Present Tense", November 5, 2019, Actors: Stephen Amell, Katherine McNamara, Ben Lewis and more, The Scenes: Oliver brings his kids home & The opening scene
Justyna
: This episode was full of emotional, memorable moments. Choosing just one to highlight was not an easy choice. Since the powerful opening is already included in the article I decided to go with a quiet but deeply meaningful scene when Oliver takes his kids home and finally has a chance to learn something important about them. It's clear that the two didn't grow up with their father, but Oliver hopes that at least they found each other. The expression on his face when he learns they only just met is heartbreaking. Stephen Amell has been doing an exceptional job with his performance this season but he truly shined in all those scenes between Oliver, Mia and William. My favorite interaction has to be the one between Oliver and William, right after Mia leaves the room to rest. William advises his dad not to involve Felicity until they have a better understanding of their situation and at this point Oliver needs to hear something, anything good about the future. He's very proud to hear about his son's successful business but even more when William tells his father that he's gay. Oliver's reaction is absolutely perfect in this moment. He's happy to hear William opening up to him and admits that he knew all along. It turns out that Oliver and Felicity were just waiting and hoping that one day William will feel comfortable enough to share this news with his parents. The knowledge that he never got that chance is painful, Oliver even apologizes for not allowing his son to have that opportunity but at least they share this moment. A beautiful part full of love, understanding and sadness about all the little things they never got to have. Both Stephen Amell and Ben Lewis are wonderful in this scene. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them together. In fact I can't wait to watch Oliver and his kids learn more about each other, for however long they might have. Kudos to the entire cast & crew for all their work!
Marko: The opening scene. Exceptional opening to another strong episode. The intensity and amount of raw emotions was perfectly handled as the actors put in all they‘ve got. Especially impressed by the performance of Joseph whose shock of seeing his dad was palpable through the screen. Happy and heartbroken like everyone present in the scene.

Edited by tv echo

Before you ask, no, Laurel's death was not on this list...

50 TV Character Deaths From The Last 10 Years That We're Still Not Over
Nora Dominick   November 10, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-character-deaths-of-the-decade-2010s 

35. On Arrow, when Slade killed Moira because he wanted Oliver to suffer.
sub-buzz-2228-1573166733-1.jpg?downsize=

36. When Tommy was crushed under a building after saving Laurel on Arrow.
sub-buzz-5405-1573159720-1.jpg?downsize= 

Edited by tv echo

Performers of the Month - October 2019 Voting **RESULTS**
Posted by Aimee Hicks at November 11, 2019
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/11/performers-of-month-october-2019-voting.html 

For seven seasons Arrow’s Stephen Amell has brought Oliver Queen to life on his journey from vigilante to hero and devoted family man. His eighth and final season takes Oliver on a fateful quest to be the ultimate hero and save the world from the destruction foretold by the Monitor. His journey begins in the first episode of the season, Starling City that lets Oliver relive a bizarre version of his past in order to save the future. He finds himself on Earth 2 on a mission for the Monitor, alone and away from the friends and family he loves. There, he finds a very different interpretation of his history as we watch the Oliver that once was become the Oliver he is today. Amell brings a maturity and nuance performance to this character and for this reason, has earned the title of SpoilerTV Readers’ Choice of Performer of the Month for October.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The Arrowverse: Who are DC TV's Best Superhero Couples?
by Sam Stone – on Nov 12, 2019 i
https://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-dc-tv-best-superhero-couples/ 

OLIVER QUEEN AND FELICITY SMOAK
Upon his return to Starling City at the start of Arrow, Oliver Queen had fallen back a bit into his playboy ways, hooking up with several young women while balancing his fledgling superhero career as the Emerald Archer. Queen Consolidated tech whiz Felicity Smoak stumbled into Oliver's life during the first season, discovering the truth behind his alter ego and providing him with support usually from afar.

After working together for years, Oliver and Felicity started to develop romantic feelings for another, fueled by them posing as a couple to fool Deathstroke and later when Ray Palmer began dating Felicity. Eventually, the two would begin a full-fledged romantic relationship, with Felicity impulsively marrying Oliver after witnessing their friends Barry Allen and Iris West marry. The two had a child named Mia Smoak together in secret, with Felicity departing Star City for good to take care of her while Oliver began a mission with the Monitor to defend DC's TV Multiverse.

OLIVER QUEEN AND FELICITY SMOAK
BARRY ALLEN AND IRIS WEST
KARA DANVERS AND MON-EL
SARA LANCE AND AVA SHARPE
WALLY WEST AND JESSE QUICK

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

^^^ Here's the TV Time article upon which the above tweets were based...

2019's Top Talent Under 30
Rachel   November 14, 2019
https://www.tvtime.com/article/top-talent-under-30-2019 

If you can believe it, many of our favorite television stars nowadays haven’t even hit the big 3-0 mark for their birthday. Yes, so many familiar faces on TV are still in their twenties (or younger), yet the depth and range they bring to their roles are astonishing — at such a young age, some of them even have Emmy award nominations!

While we certainly love the actors and actresses that have been around for years entertaining us, if we could be best friends with anyone on the list below we’d jump at the chance. While the year’s almost over, we’ve already gone ahead and rounded up our favorite TV stars under 30. Did your favorite (and favorite shows) make the list?
10. Emily Bett Rickards

Felicity might have left Star City on Arrow for now, but she’s forever in our hearts.

20. Debby Ryan
19. Elizabeth Lail
18. Zendaya
17. Aidan Gallagher
16. Brandon Flynn
15. Ncuti Gatwa
14. Emma Mackey
13. Madelaine Petsch
12. Dylan O’Brien
11. Dylan Minnette
10. Emily Bett Rickards
9. Danielle Rose Russell
8. Louis Hofmann
7. Grant Gustin
6. Asa Butterfield
5. Cole Spouse
4. Kiernan Shipka
3. Elizabeth Gillies
2. Millie Bobby Brown
1. Maisie Williams

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Vote now! - Arrow has nominations in 5 categories:

• "Oliver says goodbye to Felicity-Arrow" is up for Best TV Moment
  • SA is up for Best TV Actor (Male)
  • Oliver Queen is up for Best TV Character
  • "Arrow kids in the present day" is up for Most Incredible TV Twist
  • Emiko Queen is up for Most Devastating TV Death

The Digital Spy Reader Awards 2019: Vote now for your TV favourites of the year!
BY ABBY ROBINSON   November 19, 2019
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a29771253/best-tv-2019/

Edited by tv echo

55 TV Couple Moments From The Last 10 Years That Were Iconic
Nora Dominick   November 20, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-couples-moments-of-the-decade-2010s 

14. On Arrow, when Felicity finally said "I love you" to Oliver while they were in Nanda Parbat.
sub-buzz-792-1573760922-1.jpg 

All The CW shows' couple moments on this list:

5. When Clarke and Lexa had sex for the first time on The 100.
11. On The Vampire Diaries, when Elena realized that she loved Damon.
14. On Arrow, when Felicity finally said "I love you" to Oliver while they were in Nanda Parbat.
22. When Jane and Rafael kissed for the first time on Jane the Virgin.
23. When Jughead climbed through Betty's window and they kissed for the first time on Riverdale.
24. When Toni rescued Cheryl from the Sisters of Quiet Mercy on Riverdale.
31. On One Tree Hill, when Nathan revealed to Haley that he finally got his dream job in the NBA.
32. When Peyton and Lucas decided to leave Tree Hill with their daughter on One Tree Hill.
37. On Supergirl, when Maggie told Alex that she only wanted to kiss her.
39. On The Flash, when Iris told Barry that she never stopped thinking about him.
50. On Gossip Girl, when Chuck and Blair got married.
53. When Luke and Lorelai finally got married on Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

55 TV Couple Moments From The Last 10 Years That Were Iconic
Nora Dominick   November 20, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-couples-moments-of-the-decade-2010s 

All The CW shows' couple moments on this list:

5. When Clarke and Lexa had sex for the first time on The 100.
11. On The Vampire Diaries, when Elena realized that she loved Damon.
22. When Jane and Rafael kissed for the first time on Jane the Virgin.
23. When Jughead climbed through Betty's window and they kissed for the first time on Riverdale.
24. When Toni rescued Cheryl from the Sisters of Quiet Mercy on Riverdale.
31. On One Tree Hill, when Nathan revealed to Haley that he finally got his dream job in the NBA.
32. When Peyton and Lucas decided to leave Tree Hill with their daughter on One Tree Hill.
37. On Supergirl, when Maggie told Alex that she only wanted to kiss her.
39. On The Flash, when Iris told Barry that she never stopped thinking about him.
50. On Gossip Girl, when Chuck and Blair got married.
53. When Luke and Lorelai finally got married on Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.

5 was gross considering Lexa once left Clarke and her people to die, 11 is Gross cause of Damon once having every intention to kill her brother and only reason he didnt die was cause he had a ring on that made him unkillable. LOVE the Olicity moment of Course AND the Bughead moment. Havent watched it but for what I hear Chuck/Blair was a abusive relationship. But was popular for some gross reason. 

Edited by Josh371982

There are 40 couples on this list (many from CW shows)...

The Best TV Ships Of 2019 (So Far)
BY AREEBA ABID   UPDATED OCTOBER 22 2019
http://www.zimbio.com/The+Best+TV+Ships+Of+2019

TV Ship: Oliver and Felicity
TV show: Arrow

Portrayed by: Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards

What makes them unforgettable: Who doesn't love these cute but infinitely complicated lovers? Oliver and Felicity have been through countless ordeals together, but nothing beats what they endure in Season 7. Although they hide Felicity's pregnancy from everyone, we eventually see her giving birth to Mia with Oliver by her side. After watching Oliver survive prison, it appears the worst is over for #Olicity but things get crazier. What makes sadder is that Felicity isn't part of Arrow's eighth and final season. Until the world implodes on our favorite TV vigilante, we're going to do our best to hold onto this couple's cutest memories because there's a good chance we'll never see Felicity again. (But we'll keep our fingers crossed for a last minute cameo in the series finale.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

More results from TV Time* (I previously posted upthread a Nov. 14, 2019 TV Time article titled "2019's Top Talent Under 30," which list included EBR) ...

(* TV Time describes itself as follows: "TV Time is the world’s largest tracking platform for TV and movies, helping everyone from the casual viewer to the passionate fan navigate their viewing experience. Our audience is your audience, and they are telling us exactly what they are watching, how they are watching, when they are watching, and why they are watching.")

The CW's Top Characters Of 2019 (So Far)
Rachel   October 9, 2019
https://www.tvtime.com/article/top-20-cw-characters-2019 

15. Emily Bett Rickards "Felicity Smoak" Arrow
As Starling City's resident tech whiz, Felicity has proved herself both in and out of the lab when it comes to helping Oliver.
9. Stephen Amell "Oliver Queen" Arrow
As the Hood of Starling City, he’s got to protect those he loves most from some of the worst threats imaginable.
*The "The CW's Top Characters In 2019 (So Far)" is based on in-app character votes from 1/1/19-10/8/19.

20. Justin Baldoni "Rafael Solano" Jane the Virgin
19. Rose McIver "Liv Moore" iZombie
18. Joseph Morgan "Klaus Mikaelson" The Originals
17. Madelaine Petsch "Cheryl Blossom" Riverdale
16. Danielle Rose Russell "Hope Mikaelson" Legacies
15. Emily Bett Rickards "Felicity Smoak" Arrow
14. Marie Avgeropoulos "Octavia Blake" The 100
13. Bob Morley "Bellamy Blake" The 100
12. Ed Westwick "Chuck Bass" Gossip Girl
11. Melissa Benoist "Kara Danvers" Supergirl
10. Ian Somerhalder "Damon Salvatore" The Vampire Diaries
9. Stephen Amell "Oliver Queen" Arrow
8. Leighton Meester "Blair Waldorf" Gossip Girl
7. Grant Gustin "Barry Allen" The Flash
6. Gina Rodriguez "Jane Villanueva" Jane the Virgin
5. Jensen Ackles "Dean Winchester" Supernatural
4. Cole Sprouse "Jughead Jones" Riverdale
3. Eliza Taylor "Clarke Griffin" The 100
2. Elizabeth Gillies "Fallon Carrington" Dynasty
1. Lili Reinhart "Betty Cooper" Riverdale

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

The 15 Most-Binged CW Shows
Rachel   October 15, 2019
https://www.tvtime.com/article/15-most-binged-cw-shows-supernatural-jane 

7. Arrow

The Arrowverse had to start somewhere, and obviously it started here with Arrow. The CW’s gritty take on some of DC’s most beloved characters made us see them in a brand new light — even if the lighting was really dark (Starling City needs to turn on more lights!). Even though Arrow is drawing to a close this season, its legacy will continue to live on in the shows that come after it.
*"The 15 Most-Binged CW Shows" is based on the number of binge sessions in TV Time. A binge session is when four or more episodes of a show are watched and tracked in our TV Time app within a given day.

15. One Tree Hill
14. Reign
13. iZombie
12. DC's Legends of Tomorrow
11. Dynasty
10. Gilmore Girls
9. The Vampire Diaries
8. The Flash
7. Arrow
6. Gossip Girl
5. Riverdale
4. Supergirl
3. Supernatural
2. The 100
1. Jane the Virgin

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

The Top 31 Characters of October 2019
Natalie Burris  November 1, 2019
https://www.tvtime.com/article/top-characters-october-2019-peaky-bojack-living-with-yourself 

... Read on to find out the top 31 most tracked characters for October, and check out the full list below!
18. Stephen Amell "Oliver Queen" Arrow

All CW characters on this list:
7. Melissa Benoist "Kara Danvers" Supergirl
8. Grant Gustin "Barry Allen" The Flash
9. Luke Perry "Fred Andrews" Riverdale
12. Danielle Rose Russell "Hope Mikaelson" Legacies
13. Lili Reinhart "Betty Cooper" Riverdale
16. Jensen Ackles "Dean Winchester" Supernatural
18. Stephen Amell "Oliver Queen" Arrow
23. Ruby Rose "Kate Kane" Batwoman
29. Gina Rodriguez "Jane Villanueva" Jane the Virgin
30. Cole Sprouse "Jughead Jones" Riverdale

Edited by tv echo

The Most Boring Episodes of 2019
Natalie Burris  November 13, 2019
https://www.tvtime.com/article/most-boring-episodes-of-2019 

While we love every one of the following shows on the list, we are going to go ahead and call out one episode from the past year as the most lackluster one from the season. While the episode might still have had the action, adventure, and drama that we love, even sometimes those things don’t add up in the end. You may have enjoyed the following 20 episodes (as they still received many of "Exciting" and "Happy" in-app votes), but other TV Time users did not! 
19. Arrow, S7E18 "Lost Canary" ...
Unless you're a huge Laurel/Black Canary fan, this is not the episode for you as it relies heavily on her giving up her Black Siren mantel and returning to Earth-2.

All CW episodes on this list:
19. Arrow, S7E18 "Lost Canary"
14. The Flash, S5E20 "Gone Rogue"
2. Riverdale, S3E16 "Chapter Fifty-One: Big Fun"

Edited by tv echo

Huh - I would've ranked Oliver & Diggle above Dinah & Rene...

Arrowverse: 5 Best Friendships (& 5 Worst)
BY GEORGE CHRYSOSTOMOU – ON NOV 23, 2019 
https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-friendships-best-worst/ 

10 WORST: OLIVER AND LAUREL
Oliver and the original Laurel were obviously incredibly close. After Oliver's initial betrayal though, their relationship fell apart. Over time they learned to love one another again and also support each other as friends. Then, the original Laurel died.

Laurel from Earth 2 was brought in as the Black Siren. She has been somewhat redeemed since being part of Team Arrow but she is prepared to betray Oliver and isn't exactly kind to him. There's a lack of trust in that friendship that doesn't add up or is worthy of the title at all.
3 BEST: OLIVER AND DIGGLE
Diggle was introduced as the bodyguard to Oliver Queen after he'd returned from the deadly island. After ducking him so many times it was very clear that something was up with the billionaire playboy. Diggle sought to find out where he kept disappearing to.

After discovering The Hood's secret, Diggle did the honorable thing and stepped up, eventually becoming Spartan and fighting the good fight against crime in Star City. The two leaders are perfectly suited to be friends with one another. They may argue sometimes, but their bond is a brotherhood.
2 WORST: FUTURE TEAM ARROW
Future team Arrow seems to suffer from many of the problems that the early team went through. Perhaps it's because of their age or lack of experience, or maybe because of the recent loss within their team that has ripped them apart.

Mia, William and Connor's friendships were never really built up outside of conflict. They have been constantly fighting since they met each other and they are yet to truly have time to breathe and get to know one another. It's a much more dysfunctional group than the Legends.

1 BEST: DINAH AND RENE
Dinah and Rene have secretly been building the best friendship in all of the Arrowverse. The two have bonded through their work with Team Arrow and have always stood by each other, at times even in the face of their leader, Oliver Queen.

They, of course, suit up and fight crime alongside one another. But their families are also interconnected. Rene's daughter eventually joins the Canaries, while Rene works as Mayor to Dinah's police captain role. It's a strong bond that's been tested and improved throughout the course of the show.

10 WORST: OLIVER AND LAUREL
9 BEST: THE LEGENDS
8 WORST: LENA AND KARA
7 BEST: JAMES AND KARA
6 WORST: HARRISON WELLS AND TEAM FLASH
5 BEST: CAITLIN AND CISCO
4 WORST: CAITLIN AND RAMSEY
3 BEST: OLIVER AND DIGGLE
2 WORST: FUTURE TEAM ARROW
1 BEST: DINAH AND RENE

Edited by tv echo

Yay - Felicity is ranked #1...

The Arrowverse: Every Main Character, Ranked By Intelligence
BY BEN PETTITT – ON NOV 24, 2019 
https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-main-character-intelligence/ 

1 FELICITY SMOAK
As well as being amazingly adorkable, Felicity is also one of the best computer geniuses. At first, her talents were being wasted in a boring IT desk job for Queen Consolidated but after Oliver recognized her natural talent, Felicity began to step up in the world and finally making a name for herself.

It wasn't all plain sailing however, as Felicity has made some fairly giant technological mistakes during her time on Arrow, the biggest of which was probably (slightly unknowingly) teaming up with Season 6 antagonist Cayden James. However, she fought alongside Team Arrow to defeat him and then continued to help her friends until her departure earlier this year.

10 MICK RORY
9 SARA LANCE
8 OLIVER QUEEN
7 BARRY ALLEN
6 KARA DANVERS
5 LENA LUTHOR
4 CAITLIN SNOW
3 RAY PALMER
2 CISCO RAMON
1 FELICITY SMOAK

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Booker grad Charlie Barnett named to Out100 Entertainers list for 2019
Jay Handelman  November 25, 2019
https://www.heraldtribune.com/entertainment/20191125/booker-grad-charlie-barnett-named-to-out100-entertainers-list-for-2019 

Charlie Barnett, the Booker High School and Juilliard School of Drama graduate best known for his three-year run on “Chicago Fire,” has been named to Out Magazine’s Out100 Entertainers of the Year list for 2019.

“With two breakout roles on Netflix, you can think of Charlie Barnett as your binge-watch bae,” the magazine’s website notes.

He starred this year in Natasha Lyonne’s acclaimed dark comedy “Russian Doll,” in which he survived many deaths, and he had a significant role in Netflix’s revival of “Tales of the City,” based on stories by Armistead Maupin.
Barnett has several other projects coming. He’s featured in a recurring role in the second season of the hit series “You,” which moves to Netflix, and he appears in the final season of the CW series “Arrow” as John Diggle Jr., the son of one of the show’s long-running characters, played by David Ramsey. Executive producer Marc Guggenheim told Variety that Barnett’s character “has a bit of an edge to him.”

Honestly, I'm shocked that this website - which is usually hostile to Olicity - published this article...

Best of the 2010s: The relationships that shaped the decade
by Shana Lieberman   November 24, 2019
https://hiddenremote.com/2019/11/24/best-of-the-2010s-relationships/amp/6/ 

Best of the 2010s in 2015: Oliver and Felicity, “Olicity,” from Arrow

The end of Arrow‘s third season was not, overall, a happy time for Stephen Amell’s Oliver Queen. In fact, it was a pretty terrible time, if we’re being honest with ourselves. Oliver was in the middle of a hopeless war with Ra’s Al Ghul, and his loved ones were suffering for it. That was no more obvious than when Al Ghul sliced and diced Thea Queen, leaving her for dead unless Oliver accepted his ultimatum and joined the League of Shadows. When Oliver and Team Arrow visited Nanda Parbat in hopes of saving Thea’s life without making a deal with the devil, things didn’t exactly go according to plan—as pretty much nobody who was thinking logically expected.

In the midst of all of this, Oliver and Felicity were still sort of dancing around each other; and we’re pretty sure the heightened feelings around all of the League of Shadows drama were what made the characters finally hooking up much steamier than it otherwise might have been. Thanks to Arrow Season 3, Episode 20 including lines like “you’ve opened up my heart in a way I didn’t even know was possible” and the candle-lit lovemaking that followed, the Olicity relationship easily snags the 2015 slot for our best of the 2010s ships.

The thing is, Felicity Smoak was always the perfect partner for Oliver Queen. We know that strays away from comic book canon, and we also have mad respect for a certain other lady in Oliver’s life…But for the Arrow actually on the television screen, rather than on the page? Olicity is the shipper hill we’re prepared to die on.

Best of the 2010s in 2019: Donna and Harvey, “Darvey,” from Suits
Best of the 2010s in 2018: Lucy and Wyatt, “Lyatt,” from Timeless
Best of the 2010s in 2017: Nomi and Amanita, “Nomanita,” from Sense8
Best of the 2010s in 2016: Mulder and Scully, “MSR,” from The X-Files
Best of the 2010s in 2015: Oliver and Felicity, “Olicity,” from Arrow
Best of the 2010s in 2014: Klaus and Caroline, “Klaroline,” from The Vampire Diaries
Best of the 2010s in 2013: the sisterhood from Orphan Black
Best of the 2010s in 2012: Castle and Beckett, “Caskett,” from Castle
Best of the 2010s in 2011: Will and Alicia, “Willicia,” from The Good Wife
Best of the 2010s in 2010: Booth and Brennan, “BB,” from Bones

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Performers Of The Month - Readers' Choice Most Outstanding Performer of October - Stephen Amell
Posted by Aimee Hicks at November 25, 2019
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/11/performers-of-month-readers-choice-most.html 

Seven years ago, Stephen Amell first stepped into the shoes of reluctant hero and one-time vigilante Oliver Queen on Arrow. Since that time, he has taken us on Oliver’s journey from angry playboy to revered hero, friend, husband, and father. Now in this eighth and final season of the CW’s original superhero show, we see the character embarking on a fateful quest to be the ultimate hero and save the world from the destruction foretold by the Monitor (LaMonica Garrett). That quest began in the show’s season premiere, Starling City (8x1), in which Oliver relives a bizarre version of his past on Earth-2 to complete a mission for the Monitor. He’s alone and away from the friends and family he loves. While known for the physical commitment he brings to the role, people often forget that Amell is a fine dramatic actor. In this episode, he brings maturity and nuanced performance to this character and for this reason, has earned the title of Spoiler TV Readers’ Choice of Performer of the Month for October.

Oliver may be on an alternate Earth, but the people and events he encounters wrap him in deja vu. Amell plays each scene as if Oliver is having a type of out-of-body experience. When he lifts his head on Lian Yu, his eyes are simultaneously disorientated and crushed by the weight of reconciling memories with his present situation. It immediately conjures the image of a person being possessed by a ghost, although Oliver is haunting himself. In his hospital room after being rescued, Oliver just looks out the window, detached from the view and his own reflection, adrift in nostalgia. Amell keeps himself in the center of the room, away from the edges; this makes it feel like Oliver has just been dropped into the scene, that he’s not connected to anything. It’s very similar to when a character experiences an illusion or has a dream. He exists separately from his surroundings. When Moira Queen (Susanna Thompson) enters, Oliver greets his mother with immense tenderness rather than the jubilation of a reunion after years apart. He was waiting for her. He is distant, as if he is watching the meeting from far away even as he participates in it, but the carefully measured love and gratitude in his voice conveys volumes. Amell imbues the serious emotional state of his character with a soft echo as if everything happening is happening inside a dream. Even a casual viewer tuning in for the first time would know Oliver doesn’t belong to this world.
The writers and producers are clearly sending Oliver on a true hero’s journey in the show’s swan song season. Amell is giving the performance of the series in true heroic fashion, showing us a mature, patient, and resigned Oliver Queen, unafraid of the sacrifice he must make to save the universe. The cornerstone hero of the Arrowverse is getting the send-off he deserves. For his outstanding work in the episode, Starling City, he has rightfully been named Readers’ Choice for Performer of the Month for October.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

19 TV Moments From This Week That We Can't Stop Talking About
Nora Dominick   November 29, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-11-29-19 

14. On Arrow, while caught in a time loop caused by the Monitor and Lyla, Oliver and Laurel were forced to make peace with Quentin's death.
sub-buzz-1324-1574875451-4.jpg?downsize=

15. Also on Arrow, Oliver came to terms with his death during the upcoming Crisis and prepared for his last mission — I'm already weeping over the end.
sub-buzz-2299-1574875890-1.jpg?downsize=

I don't think S2 was perfect from start to finish (in fact, I don't think any Arrow season was perfect from start to finish)...

35 TV Seasons That Are Absolutely Perfect From Start To Finish
Nora Dominick   November 30, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/perfect-tv-seasons-from-start-to-finish 

25. Arrow Season 2.
sub-buzz-398-1574796349-2.jpg?downsize=8

"The development of the team and the heartbreaking turns kept me on the edge of my seat. It's the show's best season and one of my favorites."

—kamicross

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Fangirlish Best of 2019: Moments That Broke Our Heart
BY: ERIN E. GROSS  ON: DECEMBER 1, 2019
https://fangirlish.com/2019/12/01/fangirlish-best-of-2019-lists-moments-that-broke-our-heart/ 

FELICITY AND OLIVER’S GOODBYE – ARROW 

We are holding out for Olicity, because hey – endgame. They are our OTP. But when Felicity and Oliver had to say their goodbyes because The Monitor came for him – there was a flood of tears. Oliver and Felicity had just gotten their life together. They had just had a baby girl, and he had to leave. He had to fulfill his promise – which if we’re being honest, we were hoping he would never have to do.

When he looks at Mia in her crib, when he makes Felicity promise to keep William and Mia safe… I lost it. When he breaks down in tears and when she tells him that she will find him – just kill me now. These two are everything.

“DAD” – ARROW

Mia Smoak has lost everything she’s known. Her Mom is gone. Her Dad left her. Yes, she gained a brother and seeing her and William grow to care for each other has been the most amazing thing. But this scene, where she’s just lost her friend, a friend she feels guilty for not being able to save, and The Monitor transports her, William and Connor to the bunker, where comes face to face with Oliver? William’s look of shock was a lot, but when Mia looked at Oliver and uttered the word Dad, yup – I was at a loss. Tears fell like no other. I was a goner.

I LOVE YOU 3000 – AVENGERS: ENDGAME
IRON MAN’S DEATH – AVENGERS: ENDGAME
“I JUST REALLY MISS HIM” – SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
SCHNEIDER’S RELAPSE – ONCE UPON A TIME
FELICITY AND OLIVER’S GOODBYE – ARROW 
“DAD” – ARROW

“LETS JUST FINISH THIS DANCE” – LEGACIES
“AUNT FREYA” – LEGACIES 2X06
ROME AND PJ ON THE ROOF – A MILLION LITTLE THINGS
THAT ENTIRE FALL FINALE OF THIS IS US
HOPPER’S LETTER – STRANGER THINGS
MISSANDEI PAYS THE PRICE FOR DAENERYS’S WAR – GAME OF THRONES
SPENCER FINDING HIS DAD – ALL AMERICAN
JON SNOW KILLING DAENERYS – GAME OF THRONES
EVERYTHING FROM WHEN THEY SEE US
CHIDI LOOSING HIS MEMORY – THE GOOD PLACE
CLARKE FINDING OUT HER MOM DIED – THE 100
THE BET REVEAL IN ‘AFTER’
WHY RUE WEARS A HOODIE – EUPHORIA
HARVEY’S MOM PASSING AWAY – SUITS

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
No surprise - the official CW Arrow twitter account is silent on this win...

UPDATE: Every show included in this year's fandom race had an impressive turnout, but nobody came through quite like the Arrow stans! The Arrow fanbase beat out first runner-up Outlander and second runner-up Lucifer and dethroned last year's, winner, Supernatural. Congratulations to the Arrow fans and thanks to everyone who participated!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

27 TV Moments From This Week That We Can't Stop Talking About
Nora Dominick   December 6, 2019
https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominick/tv-moments-of-week-12-6-19 

15. On Arrow, Oliver and Team Arrow arrived on Lian Yu for their final mission before "Crisis."
sub-buzz-1446-1575662824-1.jpg?downsize=
16. Also on Arrow, Oliver said goodbye to Mia and the impending Crisis officially arrived — also, Lyla transformed into Harbinger.
sub-buzz-1427-1575662531-17.jpg?downsize

Edited by tv echo

Best Lines of the Week (Nov. 29 - Dec. 5): 'Something Tells Me You'll Write Your Own Stories'
TV Insider Staff December 07, 2019 
https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/best-lines-tv-quotes-november-29-december-5-arrowverse-mr-robot/#3 

Arrow-Oliver-Mia-1014x570.jpg Arrow (The CW)
"Something tells me you'll write your own stories."

—Oliver (Stephen Amell) encourages his daughter Mia (Katherine McNamara) to be inspired by his stories of the Green Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1